Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
distantarray

I don't want to become "HUGE"

I keep reading this over and over, and hearing it everywhere I go so I thought I'd make this clear as possible.

1. You will have to be genetically gifted to become huge without trying or the use of steroids. If you were genetically gifted you'd know by the time you were 4 years old cause you would've already had a rippling six pack.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Rpo...eature=related

2. You will never become huge WITHOUT lifting HEAVY ASS weights. Heavy weights meaning your body literally fail doing less than 12-15 reps at MAX per set.

3. Even if you take steroids you will NEVER become huge without determination, motivation, and commitment.

4. It doesn't matter if you make it to the gym if your talking with your friends for 10minutes inbetween a set, or just wasting space at a gym floor. You have to WORKOUT, you have to SWEAT. Imo if your not sweating in a gym just leave.

200 push ups a day, 200 crunches a day these kinds of workouts will never make you huge, they'll make you fit, but never huge like a bodybuilder. So please don't be afraid to push yourself, I know it's scary, but even professional bodybuilders have a hard time adding 5-10 pounds of muscle in a YEAR. and many of them are usually on some type of steroid/pro hormone legal or not.

You'll start to notice good changes at about 3-4 months, you won't ever wake up and go OH SHIT too big. Might go I'm getting pretty big, maybe I should cut down, or maybe more along the lines of I'm happy with my arms I should focus on my thighs for now etc. Working out the right muscles can help you create a better shape than your natural build. Women can create bigger butts, slender thighs, and chest workouts to help perk up their breasts a bit etc.

Regardless becoming huge is no accident, you need a LOT OF dedication at the gym, and in the kitchen to succeed. Becoming huge is like a full time job with trying to calculate nutrition alone unless you have a will power of steel like Dennis Gonzolas where he eats the samething almost everyday.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

Last edited by distantarray : 08-10-2010 at 05:38 PM.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Kasinator
Not quite human

This shall be stickied!!!!!!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
River.
twing twang

Thanks for this. This is also very important for women to know and understand. I have met so many women who are so scared they will get all gross and bulky with a few heavy deadlifts. Fallllseee. It's incredibly difficult for a woman to "bulk up". Yes with strength training you will gain weight but that's because of the muscle you are packing on. You are getting stronger! Which is awesome! But you have to take steroids to be one of those gross body-builder women who look like men, so don't sweat it. Getting toned and adding on the muscles is hot. As my female crossfit colleagues use to say "I'm not getting toned, I'm getting strong."

Next Cons:
AUSA - (maybe)
Ohayocon
Katsucon
River. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by River. View Post
Thanks for this. This is also very important for women to know and understand. I have met so many women who are so scared they will get all gross and bulky with a few heavy deadlifts. Fallllseee. It's incredibly difficult for a woman to "bulk up". Yes with strength training you will gain weight but that's because of the muscle you are packing on. You are getting stronger! Which is awesome! But you have to take steroids to be one of those gross body-builder women who look like men, so don't sweat it. Getting toned and adding on the muscles is hot. As my female crossfit colleagues use to say "I'm not getting toned, I'm getting strong."
The worst is seeing women do abductor / adductor leg workouts on the machines with 10 pound weights for an hour and they look at you like deer in headlights when you explain to them that they should up the weight. I almost got kicked out of a gym before (ymca) cause I saw a woman doing nothin but weighted crunches for a few weeks. I told her that cardio is the only way she's going to lose that gut along with a great diet plan. They thought I was acting like a personal trainer so they warned me to stop giving advice. Luckily the woman took my advice and slimmed down a lot the last time I saw her before I switched gyms.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
The worst is seeing women do abductor / adductor leg workouts on the machines with 10 pound weights for an hour and they look at you like deer in headlights when you explain to them that they should up the weight. I almost got kicked out of a gym before (ymca) cause I saw a woman doing nothin but weighted crunches for a few weeks. I told her that cardio is the only way she's going to lose that gut along with a great diet plan. They thought I was acting like a personal trainer so they warned me to stop giving advice. Luckily the woman took my advice and slimmed down a lot the last time I saw her before I switched gyms.
I dont get how giving practical advice wouldn't be a good idea ever. She would still head to the gym and still pay their money, and i assume sign the waver saying its her fault in the unlikely event she hurts herself. so what do they care if you give random advice, especially non life threatening, basic practical advice anybody could give? Its not like you told her to take apart the machines and build a flying machine powered by her body.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
air4akito

this made me lol at how true it is
air4akito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
sythe2010

Thank you! I get so tired telling people this. I think the opinion has been spouted off to boyfriends telling their girlfriends not to lift heavy weights just because it might make them look weak!

Ladies, you're not going to get huge and manly. If anything you're going to look a lot better. Most celebrity women are doing deadlifts, squats, bench presses, etc.

http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/wom...womenmyths.htm

I just think the notion is funny. The women you see looking huge have to work very, very hard to get to that point. That's why it's called a competition.
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #8
Qemba

Oh god! I hate how some guys will use that as an excuse NOT to work out. ;-;
Qemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qemba View Post
Oh god! I hate how some guys will use that as an excuse NOT to work out. ;-;
lol, and I love it when those guys actually MAKE it to the gym. 30 minutes between each rep, do 3 sets and leave hour and half later, often only doing chest and biceps
Unread 07-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
Disemballerina

Easiest way for women to see the difference seems to be to just show them pictures of actual lifters. When all they see are bodybuilders on steroids, that is what they think will happen. Showing them some olympic lifters, as they are least likely of the competitive lifters to have done a lot of steroids, shows a big difference. Crossfit is another good example. In the end, the most important idea is that to get big, you have to eat big. No amount of training can make you big without eating enough.
Disemballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #11
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by River. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disemballerina View Post
Easiest way for women to see the difference seems to be to just show them pictures of actual lifters. When all they see are bodybuilders on steroids, that is what they think will happen. Showing them some olympic lifters, as they are least likely of the competitive lifters to have done a lot of steroids, shows a big difference. Crossfit is another good example. In the end, the most important idea is that to get big, you have to eat big. No amount of training can make you big without eating enough.
this and this. it is impossible for me to "bulk up". i have a pretty small frame and high metabolism. i do almost no cardio just for the simple fact that 1) there isn't much i can do other than walking and swimming because of my knees and can't afford an elliptical or gym membership, 2) my body would cannibalize and eat the muscle tissue, and 3) i'm anemic, so i get tired easily anyway. the little i've gained this summer is because i've probably doubled my protein intake on top of being more active than i have in the last three years, and even though i have a long way to go i feel a lot better than i have for a long time. it's taken two months to see results, but they are showing

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
Somsai
Guyver 01

I honestly don't understand what makes ppl think they'll all of a sudden be huge by working out with weights. It kind of makes me want to slap them! Haha, but yeah good job pointing this out distantarray.

Finished:
- Ikki Minami (Air Gear)
- Kaname Kuran (Vampire Knight)
- Guy (Street Fighters/Final Fight)
Somsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #13
Kelley
Devil of Details

I don't understand what's so bad about not looking completely frail and feminine. Sure, you have that option, but it's not like everyone is going to hate you or think you're ugly if you look like you could actually take care of yourself.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 01:07 AM   #14
GCNgamer128
coded & united

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
Imo if your not sweating in a gym just leave.
LOL.. the door is that way.
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #15
belligerent
Viking Metal

Yeah, it's pretty much not going to happen if you're female unless you are trying intentionally to become muscular. It won't happen on accident, believe me.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...frighthere.jpg

This is the best I can do so far with trying.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote