Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #61
W4RH0US3

my bad this sorry https://www.entrygear.com/product.asp?id=4020 if it was in black which it is prolly somewhere
W4RH0US3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #62
W4RH0US3

Gunmetal

Ok Captain I have decided to paint my custom tmp gunmetal. So how exactly did you paint your mp7 gunmetal and which gunmetal did you use?
Unread 01-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #63
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMarshall View Post
Glock is a loser!
I for one welcome our new hand grenade overlords.

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #64
ManiacMarshall
Hope Rides Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadmill View Post
I for one welcome our new hand grenade overlords.
Glocks explode. You... throw them... Snake?
Unread 01-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #65
W4RH0US3

Quote:
Glocks explode. You... throw them... Snake?
Why do glocks suck?
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #66
Captain Jack
CosBlade Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RH0US3 View Post
Ok Captain I have decided to paint my custom tmp gunmetal. So how exactly did you paint your mp7 gunmetal and which gunmetal did you use?
I just went to Joann and got some gunmetal paint that they had there. Don't remember what brand, but I used a regular paintbrush to apply it. Make sure to shake up the paint really well first to mix it, or else it comes out pretty watery.

Official Rum Party Website:
http://www.piraterumparty.com
Captain Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #67
Vernedead
Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RH0US3 View Post
Why do glocks suck?
It's not so much that Glocks suck. Its just that their is nothing that stands out about them. They were designed for people who HAVE to shoot, not necessarily want to shoot.

The myth about the "glockenade" was started from pictures of glocks exploding from very high pressure loads (glock is rated +P by the way.) and sense no one mentioned the kaboom was caused by shooting overpowered handloaded ammo people started calling them grenades.

The truth is lots of guns kaboom, its usually the users fault though.

This is coming from a 1911 owner, I'm just paid to shoot glocks at work.

So this is somewhat on topic, I plan to turn my retired RE4 Hunk loadout into a skirmishable airsoft loadout. I have a KWA MP9, and I plan on getting some Thunder B grenades. My S10 is already modified to stop BBs up to 550 fps.

PM me if you are interested in a LED MGS4 "Solid Eye"
Vernedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #68
ManiacMarshall
Hope Rides Alone

Admittedly, Glocks aren't bad guns... I just prefer steel frames and slides. Hurts worse when you throw it at people after you run out of bullets.

Like Verne said it isn't a BAD gun, it's just the user more than anything. Same thing with limp wristing a pistol. Not the weapon's fault... unless it's Hi-Point.

Back on subject, I'm still trying to find my Israeli mask so I can modify that thing. I know you all love the S10 so much, but I'm telling you, get an Israeli model, cut some holes in it to fit it with whatever canister you need and bingo. Smaller eyehole ports, longer snout, everything.

...Sub-2000, Verne. Fired one about two weeks ago. I kinda like it. They're dirt cheap. What say you?
Unread 01-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #69
W4RH0US3

Quote:
Admittedly, Glocks aren't bad guns... I just prefer steel frames and slides. Hurts worse when you throw it at people after you run out of bullets.

Like Verne said it isn't a BAD gun, it's just the user more than anything. Same thing with limp wristing a pistol. Not the weapon's fault... unless it's Hi-Point.

Back on subject, I'm still trying to find my Israeli mask so I can modify that thing. I know you all love the S10 so much, but I'm telling you, get an Israeli model, cut some holes in it to fit it with whatever canister you need and bingo. Smaller eyehole ports, longer snout, everything.

...Sub-2000, Verne. Fired one about two weeks ago. I kinda like it. They're dirt cheap. What say you?
Israili gas masks are on ebay and can be found at most army navy surplus stores. Speaking of an isreali mask I used to have one for Hunk when I was starting the costume. I picked that one because of the fact that I needed it soon and I couldn't afford to buy an S10 at the time.
Unread 01-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #70
ManiacMarshall
Hope Rides Alone

I realize this. I own one. I just can't friggin' find it. I also own an S10, but I'm planning on mirroring those lenses one day fo Umbrella Sanitation.

God what I wouldn't give for an Umbrella Sanitation uniform... though I think JD was wearing a stab vest...
Unread 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #71
Captain Jack
CosBlade Founder

The guys over at ScifiHero did a lot of research on the Sanitation costumes, down to the wristwatches they wore. The stuff was simple, it's just it was weird. None of it really made sense. I think JD (or one of the others guys) actually wears one of those fat weightlifting belts made of leather. Weird shit.

The Israeli mask *can* work for HUNK but I think the eye holes are way too small. The perfect mask would be some weird hybrid between the S10 and the Israeli, really. Unless you just go by the RE2/Outbreak renders, where it's clearly a S10.

I still think the S10 is closer overall though. It's really up to personal preference. Hell, even the Canadian mask can be made to look not bad.

Unread 01-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #72
ManiacMarshall
Hope Rides Alone

Yeah, I saw that. But you know me and... sewing... yeah, no.

When I find mine, what I'm doing is fitting the threaded tubes from a paint mask onto the sides, painted black of course, to give it that three way look, and retain the snout. In RE2, they're definitely using S10s. But dem vests.... what the hell kind of vests is dem?
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #73
Captain Jack
CosBlade Founder

The vest in RE2 is a custom bulletproof vest. There are a few models that look pretty similar, but nothing exactly like those.

Think this (w/o the mag pouches or neck guard): http://www.bulletproofvestshop.com/p...ody-Armor.html

Or one of these (w/ wider shoulder straps): http://www.bulletproofbodyarmorhq.co...oducts_ id=24

There's nothing exact, but I'm sure that's the look they were going for. Considering the guys in RE2 weren't carrying spare mags or even sidearms, it's no wonder they got their asses kicked by G in stage 1.

Anyways, the RE2/Outbreak style vest is one I plan on adding to my portfolio. If you ever want one, lemme know.

Unread 01-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #74
W4RH0US3

Say uhm does your flight suit have pockets at the back?
Unread 02-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #75
W4RH0US3

Hey I went Joan fabric's yesterday(the one near me) and they didn't have gunmetal paint. I looked online and I found this do you think it would work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMC-2...t_2 716wt_941