Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Unread 08-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
animereader29

Will these work for Mello?

Alright, I've browsed and browsed for hours trying to find items for my Mello cosplay and this is about all I've managed to drag up so if you could please take a look and tell me what you think I'd really appreciate it and if you have any other suggestions...? XD Please tell me because I'm sure there is better stuff out there somewhere.

Possible Wigs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PH095-Short-Blon...igs_Extensions

http://cgi.ebay.com/Butterscotch-Blo...igs_Extensions

Possible Pants:

http://www.metrostyle.com/metrostyle/browse/productDetail.jsp?icProduct=12995&affiliate_id=017 &affiliate_location_id=01&mr:referralID=8b9dee9 0-a7e3-11df-bb45-001b2166bec9

http://www.drjays.com/shop/G1-V92684...-leggings.html

Possible Jacket:

Nothing so far......

Yrs, I know the pants probably won't work but I'm desperate D : you see I'm trying to find something that won't tear up in one day, freaking costume fabrics, and that can be worn more than once. Problem is a lot of the good stuff is way to expensive for me as I'm looking for something under $100 ><
animereader29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
LavenderCrimson

the wig in the second link looks good. The pants seem fitting, but if that's too expensive you can try hot topic, I bought a pair of peather pants there once and they weren't expensive. As for the jacket, I don't have a clue, but good luck.
Unread 08-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
BsWN

For the wigs, It depends if you're doing pre-scar Mello or Post-scar Mello. For post-scar Mello, the first one seems a bit better to me, since his hair is more grown out after the exposion. For Pre-scar or Wammy's Mello the second one because it has the cut he does.

For the pants, I like the second ones. And, yeah, I think if you look at the "Death Note" thread somewhere down in this sub-forum, there should be some links to where to find a Mello vest. ^^ And, yeah, hope I helped. =)
BsWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

Wigs - The first one is listed as a "party wig," and you want to stay far, far away from party wigs. They're really low quality and aren't really worth the little amount of money you have to spend to get one. It does say that the wig is made of Japanese fiber, which might be Kanekalon (which is what you want,) but you can't really be sure unless you ask the seller. The second wig looks like it's a better quality than the first, but I also think it would be too short in the back.
I can find some reccomendations for you, if you'd like.

Pants - The first pair is definitely better than the second, but would still require a little modification (like making them lace up.) You might want to look specifically for men's leather pants (or make your own,) since women's clothes are cut differently.
Definitely don't get the second pair. The last thing you want is to be a Mello with an Apple on his Bottom. D:

Good luck!

planned cosplays
ciel phantomhive, kuroshitsuji
mello, death note
Juliapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
AliceinIvory
Alice Addison

BsWN has a good point ... everything really depends on which Mello look you're going for, since there are practically different costumes for the two stages. If you're thinking of the post-scar mello, I think the second wig would be great.

Now just to kinda steer away from your great finds already, I can just give some other suggestions to keep you under a budget of $100 ...

This in black http://www.forever21.com/product.asp...7&showBACK=OK#

Black also http://www.womanwithin.com/Product.a...:referralID=NA

And these ... maybe? http://www.forever21.com/product.asp...4316959&Page=1 though if you look at the picture of mello from this stage his pants have wide legs and such but those are also harder to come across. If you want to do more searching on the pants, I'd suggest searching for vinyl pants instead of pleather/leather.

Happy hunting, Alice
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
animereader29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliapop View Post
Wigs - The first one is listed as a "party wig," and you want to stay far, far away from party wigs. They're really low quality and aren't really worth the little amount of money you have to spend to get one. It does say that the wig is made of Japanese fiber, which might be Kanekalon (which is what you want,) but you can't really be sure unless you ask the seller. The second wig looks like it's a better quality than the first, but I also think it would be too short in the back.
I can find some reccomendations for you, if you'd like.

Pants - The first pair is definitely better than the second, but would still require a little modification (like making them lace up.) You might want to look specifically for men's leather pants (or make your own,) since women's clothes are cut differently.
Definitely don't get the second pair. The last thing you want is to be a Mello with an Apple on his Bottom. D:

Good luck!

Any suggestions on the wig would be great. The last one i bought...It was just...Horrible so I'd really appreciate some more options regarding the wig.

As for the pants, I know XD I really didn't want to get those pants if i could avoid it but I had to ask. See, my options are pretty limited here because I honestly don't know how to sew or modify clothing ><
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
animereader29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinIvory View Post
BsWN has a good point ... everything really depends on which Mello look you're going for, since there are practically different costumes for the two stages. If you're thinking of the post-scar mello, I think the second wig would be great.

Now just to kinda steer away from your great finds already, I can just give some other suggestions to keep you under a budget of $100 ...

This in black http://www.forever21.com/product.asp...7&showBACK=OK#

Black also http://www.womanwithin.com/Product.a...:referralID=NA

And these ... maybe? http://www.forever21.com/product.asp...4316959&Page=1 though if you look at the picture of mello from this stage his pants have wide legs and such but those are also harder to come across. If you want to do more searching on the pants, I'd suggest searching for vinyl pants instead of pleather/leather.

Happy hunting, Alice
Wow, you probably just saved me a lot on pants there. I'm not exactly sure about the pockets but the pants do look good. also, thank you for the suggestion on the rosary. I know i didn't ask for them but I think it's great that you added that : D They look really good and I think i just might buy them.

As for witch Mello I'm going for..i think pre..If I can buy all the stuff i need for the scar. **
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

Well, there's always the option of learning to sew, if you want to! But I understand that not everyone can do that.

I was recently helping a friend look for a Mello wig, and we came across a problem - Mello's shade of blond is kind of hard to match. Almost everything is too platinum, or too orange, or too bright yellow, or too brown, or too dark. Cospedia's Heat-Resistant Dark Beige looked like it might work, but looking at it again, I'm not so sure anymore. It's also only available (at least through Cosplay.com Shopping) for longer wigs.

I'm really not sure right now, (and I want to figure it out too, because I'll need a Mello wig soon!) but I'll take a look at a few wig sites again and let you know what I find. Is there a price range that you want to stay within?

planned cosplays
mello, death note
Unread 08-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
animereader29

Quote:
Well, there's always the option of learning to sew, if you want to! But I understand that not everyone can do that.

I was recently helping a friend look for a Mello wig, and we came across a problem - Mello's shade of blond is kind of hard to match. Almost everything is too platinum, or too orange, or too bright yellow, or too brown, or too dark. Cospedia's Heat-Resistant Dark Beige looked like it might work, but looking at it again, I'm not so sure anymore. It's also only available (at least through Cosplay.com Shopping) for longer wigs.

I'm really not sure right now, (and I want to figure it out too, because I'll need a Mello wig soon!) but I'll take a look at a few wig sites again and let you know what I find. Is there a price range that you want to stay within?
Huh, I'd prefer something under fifty dollars if possible... As for the wig i think it's a little dark. I was looking at a butterscotch color and that seems to fit.
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #10
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

Are you okay with doing a little wig styling? I'm having a hard time finding any wigs in a color and style that both work.

planned cosplays
mello, death note
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #11
excitingemu

You should use the second wig and either of the pants will work.
excitingemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #12
animereader29

Talking

Quote:
Are you okay with doing a little wig styling? I'm having a hard time finding any wigs in a color and style that both work.
wig styling doesn't bother me so much. ^^ I don't mind if I have to cut or straighten it as long as it's doable.
Unread 08-28-2010, 02:25 AM   #13
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

Someone I know is getting a Maxine in 24B for her pre-scar Mello cosplay. If it works for her, then it might work for post-scar Mello too, with some more styling. The con she's wearing it to for the first time is in a week, so I'll let you know what she thinks of it or show her this thread.
I'm still looking at wigs for Mello too, so if I see anything I'll let you know about it.

planned cosplays
mello, death note
Unread 08-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #14
animereader29

Quote:
Someone I know is getting a Maxine in 24B for her pre-scar Mello cosplay. If it works for her, then it might work for post-scar Mello too, with some more styling. The con she's wearing it to for the first time is in a week, so I'll let you know what she thinks of it or show her this thread.
I'm still looking at wigs for Mello too, so if I see anything I'll let you know about it.
And I'll do the same for you. If i find a good Mello wig then I'll post it up here.
Unread 09-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #15
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

My friend did end up getting the Maxine for her Mello cosplay. I think she likes it, and she's probably wearing it at the con right now! I'll show her this thread later so she can give her opinion.

planned cosplays
mello, death note