Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
KradsLover
The Cloaked Scheamer

Hair Product Review: Got2B Defiant Shine + Pomade

Disclaimer: I am not a professional stylist, I do not attend cosmetology school, I am self taught with all hair styling. My opinion is not that of a trusted and paid professional. I am not advertising these products, not truly. I just happened to buy them and I'm giving you my OPINION (which is always up for debate) on them. You don't have to go out and buy these if you do not want them. If you already own said products please leave me your comments on them, I'd like to know how they work for others.

http://www.buzzillions.com/image.dox...989&wide=false

Name of Product: Got2b Defiant Shine + Pomade

Where Purchased: Walmart

Product Description: 'For hair that won't talk back. Define it and shine it... make it style your way! The ultimate pomade to spike it high or slick it down. Delivers firm hold and super shine. You are in control to define the defiant!' (From the package)

Pros:
Easy to use
Strong hold
Doesn't flake
Works on (some) wigs
Lightweight
Controls frizz
Inexpensive

Cons:
Strong Odor
Greasy
Heavy
Easy to use too much

Overall Rating: 7

Detailed Review
This was actually one of the first Got2B products I ever bought. I think I purchased this around December of 2009. I bought it for my friend's Demyx wig, to slick down the sides a little to give it more of that 'fauxhawke' look (Sorry, I have no pictures). It was around $3-4, which was a lot cheaper than any other similar products by well known brand names.

The orange box was really eye catching on the shelf and so was the blue label. I swear, Got2B just screams 'Pick me up betches!' The container is small and easy to hold. I was worried it'd be hard to open it up but it wasn't, unlike other containers of this type. It's like a mini-jar! I was shocked to see the actual product though. It was like a very bright burnt orange, and smelled heavily of orange medicine/jello. I was a little afraid to use it because of that.

On my friend's wig (which was a fairly cheap, yet better quality, Halloween wig. Yes, we've made it work) it easily slicked down the parts we needed. It dried without leaving any discoloration or flakes, and the wig stayed like it should during the whole day. We DID have to reapply more the next morning, but that's kinda expected since it stretched between her head and the wig head sizes.

On my OWN hair was a little more difficult. The first time I tested it out for myself, I used to much and it came out REALLY greasy and dirty looking, even though I had just washed my hair. I washed my hair again and used a lot less and discovered that like watercolor paint, a little goes a long way. It held it's shape and not a single hair came out of place. My hair still felt greasy and heavy though, but I think that's to be expected with pomade.

Washing this product out is very easy, but like anything you really do need to use shampoo and 'scrub' in a way to make sure it's all out.

The only issues I have with this product is the smell (can be covered up though) and that whenever the container has been tipped over for even a milisecond, it all starts to cling to wherever gravity pushes it. It's a bad idea to open the jar if it's been upside down for a while. Very bad idea.

This product seems like it's more for slicking back your hair but it works for small messy spikes too, especially for those with SHORT hair. I would recommend a small blast of hair spray though, just to make sure they stay. But with the hair spray, your hair may become crunchy. Without it, your hair won't be crunchy once the pomade dries. As for big thick spikes, I don't really advise it. You may end up using an entire jar withing a few weeks if it's your usual style. I still have 3/4 of a jar left to this day, and I've known others to say that they've made it last for months for what they use it for.

All in all, this is a great product and I recommend it to anyone, cosplayer or not.

Cosplays for 2011
Riku Replica- Kingdom Hearts (Re: ) Chain of Memories 15% done
Len Kagamine - Story of Evil Arc - Vocaloids 0.5% done
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler 0% done
Autumn themed Lolita - 0% done
South Italy - Hetalia - 0% done
KradsLover is offline   Reply With Quote