Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 08-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Badass_Badger

Sucker Punch

I predict this movie will be something that will have TONS of interesting cosplay ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ttgQCgY7w
Badass_Badger is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Luxuria85

I'm actually already starting my Blondie cosplay.
Original Steampunk~~50% Complete
Luxuria85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

I've started a Babydoll already and have a group of pretty much everyone ^__^ lol
So yup, defiantly going to be a cosplay "thing" next year if the movie is good I think. Cute outfits, steampunk vibe with mechas and dragons? what more could you want lol
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
EternalMoon19
Sailor Moon

I'm already mostly finished with my Rocket costume and have started on Blondie. A group of friends and I are planning it for Dragon Con. It looks bad ass.

2011 Conventions

✭ MegaCon ✭
✭ MomoCon ✭
✭ San Diego Comic Con ✭
✭ Dragon*Con ✭
✭ Anime Weekend Atlanta ✭
✭ New York Comic Con ✭

Tumblr Twitter Facebook Commissions
EternalMoon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
xShiningNightx

I'm trying to work on my Blondie costume, too! I'm having trouble getting decent reference pictures, though. I'm taken caps from the trailer and I'm trying to use her Comic-con poster, but the colors on all of those don't seem to be right; it looks like she's just wearing all black. How are you guys going about this?

Last edited by xShiningNightx : 10-30-2010 at 01:17 PM.
xShiningNightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
EternalMoon19
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShiningNightx View Post
I'm trying to work on my Blondie costume, too! I'm having trouble getting decent reference pictures, though. I'm taken caps from the trailer and I'm trying to use her Comic-con poster, but the colors on all of those don't seem to be right; it looks like she's just wearing all black. How are you guys going about this?
Her outfit is actually a really dark denim

2011 Conventions

✭ MegaCon ✭
✭ MomoCon ✭
✭ San Diego Comic Con ✭
✭ Dragon*Con ✭
✭ New York Comic Con ✭

Unread 11-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
xShiningNightx

Oh... I thought her bodysuit was leather. Oh well, too late now. I'm just gonna with that and if anyone asks, it's my personal take on it. XD
Unread 11-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

I've been gathering image reference in case I decide to do one of the characters, but I want to see the movie first. I don't like to cosplay a character unless I've at least somewhat familiar with the material. Otherwise I risk spending dozens of hours on something just because it has cool style, only to later discover the character is a total twit that I would never want to identify with.

From the trailer it looks like a great visual spectacle and I don't doubt it's going to be the next big trend for cosplay. However, it looks like the film could also be one of those movies that's really a T&A fest masquerading as some girl power crap. Basically an excuse put a bunch of young women in tight scanty clothing, then call it empowering because they shoot guns. More of the male fantasy idea of what female fantasy is -- where no matter how poor and abused the women are they somehow always find resources to have immaculately styled hair and tons of eye makeup while scrubbing the floor.

I really hope it's a good, fun movie and not something like Tomb Raider with better special effects.

edit: doh! forgot to add... from the image references I've seen the Sucker Punch characters are definitely ADVANCED costumes. Like very expensive materials, lots of leather work and vintage materials required, lots and lots of time. In other words, with the exception of Baby Doll I don't think the movie is going to be accessible to most cosplayers due to the time, materials and skill level. So we're probably going to see a lot of very bad closet cosplay for Sucker Punch, with a few advanced people really doing it justice. My prediction.

Last edited by glitter bomb : 11-03-2010 at 10:08 PM.
glitter bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
EternalMoon19
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShiningNightx View Post
Oh... I thought her bodysuit was leather. Oh well, too late now. I'm just gonna with that and if anyone asks, it's my personal take on it. XD

And by Blondie, I thought you said baby doll. I apparently cannot read. lol. It's Baby Doll's that's denim. Blondie's suit looks like a mix of lycra and leatherette

2011 Conventions

✭ MegaCon ✭
✭ MomoCon ✭
✭ San Diego Comic Con ✭
✭ Dragon*Con ✭
✭ New York Comic Con ✭

Unread 11-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #10
xShiningNightx

Woooaaahhhh, the second trailer came out! I haven't watched it yet, but hopefully there are some better shots of their outfits! Google it, guys!
Unread 11-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #11
xShiningNightx

Here are some stills from the new trailer that I'm not sure I'm allowed to link to:

walktrail2.jpg

Yeeeahhh! Work it!

outfit inspire.jpg

I think this still is from a scene where the girls are rehearsing their burlesque dance or whatever it is that they do. Clearly, Babydoll was inspired by at least Blondie's rehearsal dance outfit when she dreamt up their fantasy soldier versions. ^_^

Blondie wasn't in as many scenes as I would've liked, but at least I got some clearer shots of her boots, a half-shot of her back, and a shot of her axe, but I still don't have a good feel for what color her boots or gauntlets are supposed to be.
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #12
Lucifer

Zack Snyder is great with visual movies, regardless of content. So this will likely be one big eye-feast of candy goodness.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #13
moonflower.

I ordered my wig for my Sweet Pea costume, and I can't wait to get started on it! So far our group has a Babydoll and Rocket, so that's exciting.
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #14
Limeyaku
First-Mate

lurking this thread for a while... can't decide between Sweet Pea or Baby Doll myself... but I HAVE to say, Moonflower, you are going to make a freakin' SWEET sweet pea!!! you definitely have a resemblance! Have you been told this or do you just happen to like her character and style the best??

I'm torn 'cause I like her style the best but she seems super tough in the trailer... I'm more of a Baby Doll personality I think... and I love the girliness of her outfit...but the leather on SP is fantastic.. AH... can't decide! D:

Can't wait to see some progress start popping up!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #15
moonflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeyaku View Post
lurking this thread for a while... can't decide between Sweet Pea or Baby Doll myself... but I HAVE to say, Moonflower, you are going to make a freakin' SWEET sweet pea!!! you definitely have a resemblance! Have you been told this or do you just happen to like her character and style the best??

I'm torn 'cause I like her style the best but she seems super tough in the trailer... I'm more of a Baby Doll personality I think... and I love the girliness of her outfit...but the leather on SP is fantastic.. AH... can't decide! D:

Can't wait to see some progress start popping up!

Aw, thank you! I was originally torn between her and Baby Doll (because I love both of their outfits), but based on the trailers Sweet Pea and I seem to have a pretty similar personality, and I love her outfit! Plus, I agree that my face shape is better for her, so I'm excited. My wig shipped today, so i'll post pics once I get it!

Last edited by moonflower. : 11-10-2010 at 08:07 PM.
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote