Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gurren Lagann

Unread 08-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Dreamlikethesun
Butterfly Bandit

Gurren Lagann Cosplay HELP? =3

Sup guys? 8'D

Alright soooo, for EXPcon this year, I plan to cosplay this version of Viral from the EPIC anime Gurren Lagann:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...l_by_piote.jpg

I've already figured out that (since I'm a girl and have boobies) I'm going to wear a flesh colored leotard and try to airbrush all the muscles on like that one video on youtube..@_e Wish me luck!!

But, what I need help with is the pants..Now, if you take a close look, can you see how AMAZINGLY TIGHT they are?? xDD

I'm wondering if I should try to find a pair of tight, brown, skinny jeans..or better yet maybe look for a pair of brown zentai suit-type bottoms?? I've been looking around the internet, but it's been no help =_=

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated!!8D

<33

Last edited by Dreamlikethesun : 08-16-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Dreamlikethesun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
o01101011
Just call me Digit

...Faggishly seems a bit insulting of a term, just fyi.

If you go for spandex, look for brown leggings, not some dance unitard lol.

Also, for the top, why not just bind with a Ace bandage and expose your own mid-driff? it seems like a lot of extra work to do the leotard for something that doesn't need to be done since the cloak covers most of the upper torso.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
Dreamlikethesun
Butterfly Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by o01101011 View Post
...Faggishly seems a bit insulting of a term, just fyi.

If you go for spandex, look for brown leggings, not some dance unitard lol.

Also, for the top, why not just bind with a Ace bandage and expose your own mid-driff? it seems like a lot of extra work to do the leotard for something that doesn't need to be done since the cloak covers most of the upper torso.
Oi..I knew someone would comment on my term @_@

FYI EVERYONE: When I say faggishly, it's not meant to be insulting or to cut down anyone..I'm bi myself..I consider myself faggish..so don't take it literal<3 but since I already got a complaint about it, I'll go ahead and change my wording for sensitive peeps ^_^ yayy..now that we got that covered..

Well, since I'll be naked up top and I have a feeling that the cape isn't going to be covering EVERYTHING the whole time since I'll be moving around, I really don't want people to see random Ace bandage on my chest. It would look silly @_@ So, thanks for the advice, but I'm sticking with the leotard because it IS something I think needs to be done if I want this cosplay to be as professional and detailed as possible ^_^ Plus I might want to take pics without the cape, so it'll be more epic with a manly chest instead of Ace bandage.

But anywho, back on topic, yes I figured brown leggings would work, I was more asking where I could actually GET them. Target? Walmart? A store online?

Some really good cosplayers on here know where to get all the good stuff, and usually for a good price. And sometimes something more than simple leggings will look better and more professional.

But thanks for the advice! 8D
Unread 08-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I'd suggest buying dark brown leggings... i see those sorts of things all the time at places like Wet Seal... and i think Gap specifically carries them.

As for binding, his cloak thing usually covers his chest anyways... so i don't think you need to worry too much. it's loose. If you're a B or A, you probably won't need to bind. Just make the cloak a little fuller in the front, you know? But if you really are intent on binding and such, i must really recommend NOT using ace bandages. They slip easily, and can really hurt you if you do it too tight... but if you don't do it that tight, your boobs fall out. Trust me on this. Don't use Ace Bandages. A skin-tone leotard would probably be fine, though i'm not a fan of airbrush abs (hahaha).

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Dreamlikethesun
Butterfly Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
I'd suggest buying dark brown leggings... i see those sorts of things all the time at places like Wet Seal... and i think Gap specifically carries them.

As for binding, his cloak thing usually covers his chest anyways... so i don't think you need to worry too much. it's loose. If you're a B or A, you probably won't need to bind. Just make the cloak a little fuller in the front, you know? But if you really are intent on binding and such, i must really recommend NOT using ace bandages. They slip easily, and can really hurt you if you do it too tight... but if you don't do it that tight, your boobs fall out. Trust me on this. Don't use Ace Bandages. A skin-tone leotard would probably be fine, though i'm not a fan of airbrush abs (hahaha).
Wet Seal?? Awesomeee thanks the suggestions!! I'll head out to both those stores tomorrow!! 8D

Andddd to everyone, thanks for the suggestions about the whole binding thing and leotard and such, but I've already decided that I AM doing the airbrush abs and I'm an expert on binding so I don't need any advice on that subject, just the leggings!! But thanks for trying anyways! I appreciate it ^__^ Like I said, I plan on taking pics without the cloak, so manly airbrushed chest is required ;D
Unread 08-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamlikethesun View Post
Wet Seal?? Awesomeee thanks the suggestions!! I'll head out to both those stores tomorrow!! 8D

Andddd to everyone, thanks for the suggestions about the whole binding thing and leotard and such, but I've already decided that I AM doing the airbrush abs and I'm an expert on binding so I don't need any advice on that subject, just the leggings!! But thanks for trying anyways! I appreciate it ^__^ Like I said, I plan on taking pics without the cloak, so manly airbrushed chest is required ;D

Okay, well, i hope it works out for you, haha. I was just stating my opinion (since airbrush abs are something i am not a fan of). Hope you do a good job :'P

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
Dreamlikethesun
Butterfly Bandit

Gotcha!! THankyou Thankyou!! 8D