Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 02-25-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
Kilala_Calico
having fun

Ichigo from Bleach pattern needed

I was wondering if someone can help me find a pattern for Ichigo's outfit?images (6).jpg
What matterial should I use that is not too expensive?

Last edited by Kilala_Calico : 02-25-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Kilala_Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Those are basic kimono and hakama, with some modifications on the kimono sleeves and the hakama's normal himo either replaced or covered with white ones. Bleach costumes have been addressed extensively in this thread; I suggest starting there and then coming back if you've got specific questions.

ETA: you can also search the massive cosplay discussion thread for Bleach by character. There's a lot of good information there -- and really, no sense in reinventing the wheel. (The forum may have more if you display every thread from the beginning instead of the default 'last year' option.)
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab

Last edited by myalchod : 02-25-2015 at 02:10 PM.
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
Kilala_Calico
having fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalchod View Post
Those are basic kimono and hakama, with some modifications on the kimono sleeves and the hakama's normal himo either replaced or covered with white ones. Bleach costumes have been addressed extensively in this thread; I suggest starting there and then coming back if you've got specific questions.

ETA: you can also search the massive cosplay discussion thread for Bleach by character. There's a lot of good information there -- and really, no sense in reinventing the wheel. (The forum may have more if you display every thread from the beginning instead of the default 'last year' option.)
thank you for the info. I will check those pages out. I just checked those pages out and they are not helpful at all. All the links do not work at all!!!

Last edited by Kilala_Calico : 02-25-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Kilala_Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
o01101011
Just call me Digit

For hakama its probably going to be cheaper to buy a pair than make them.
Heres a pattern and tutorials.

http://www.folkwear.com/asian.html
http://sarcasm-hime.net/hakamapattern.html
http://taeliac.deviantart.com/art/Tu...kama-111051613

The tops pretty simple. Either a black gi or an altered robe pattern would work. You're going to want to use a mid-weight fabric and not cheapy cotton.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
myalchod
reflections and dreams

I haven't looked at that thread in ages, so I wasn't aware the links were defunct -- but my point about there being a lot of information on that subforum still stands, if you go digging through the main thread.

Anyway.

There are patterns you can alter for the juuban and kosode; a robe will work, but several of the manufacturers out there make basic kimono or kimono-riff patterns that can easily be changed as well. If all else fails, look for Jedi knockoffs. You'll want to shorten the hems so they don't bunch up inside the hakama (knee-length or a little shorter is usually good). The white is seamed at the underarm, the black is open so the white shows through. It's supposed to be two layers, but I've seen people cheat with a white t-shirt and a false collar or similar things.

The juuban can be made out of white muslin -- you don't see much of it so it's not critical, and muslin is cheap and washes easily. For the black kosode over it, I've seen people use lighter twills, heavier good-quality broadcloths, and similar things; I used a raw silk because I got it cheap, but that was personal preference. The hakama is best made out of a medium-weight fabric that'll hold a nice crisp pleat; a lot of the commercial ones are poly-cotton blends. You can usually find a nice midweight poly-cotton twill for that -- black for everything except the himo, which should be white. Several layers of heavyweight fusible can be built up for the backboard.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #6
Kilala_Calico
having fun

thank you for the help