Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 08-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
Alix

Nurse Joy with glasses?

I'm cosplaying as Nurse Joy at an upcoming con, but the main problem I'm having is my glasses. I'm considering just wearing them since they're reddish-pink and generally match the colours of the costume. Plus, they just look good on me. But I want some opinions on whether or not I should sacrifice a bit of accuracy for comfort, or if they just don't match or whatever. Contacts are definitely an option I'd just rather wear my glasses, haha.

Opinions?
Here's a picture of them for reference (please ignore the piece of paper towel stuck on my head. I was trying to make myself look more nursey for the reference picture and uh failed.)
http://i37.tinypic.com/259fqqb.jpg
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Have you ever thought of just taking your glasses off whenever you get stopped for a picture? I have done that before. I mean, seeing IS important so I don't think anyone would get angry at you for wearing glasses.

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

I believe in the anime, there was a Nurse Joy who wore glasses. Forgot what episode though.
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
ZeroEnna
Geocaching Cosplayer

Are glasses really an obstacle? Man how far this szene has got rotten *ironic mode off*

Okay, if you need theses glasses, i mean if you have no sight at all without them, then you need to wear them. As suggested, just take it off for photographs. However, I would say "keep them on", because this could be THE difference between YOUR Nurse Joy and others. I try to keep a personal touch on every cosplay I do, for instance, my archangel Michael Cosplay from Angel Sanctuary. You never find these particular clothes in the Manga, however, I was recognized very often, because of the details. I didn't wear a string vest, but a plain black shirt, and patent leather pants, and some boots, and - of course - goggles. However, everyone knew "Hey, there's Michael", and yeah, it was no cosplay based on a official picture, but my own personal cosplay.
So why not trying a Nurse Joy with glasses?

Kind Regards

ZeroEnna
ZeroEnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
Alix

Thanks for the advice. I just wasn't sure because to a lot of people I've known small details like this are what make a cosplay "bad".

Glasses are staying on.
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
Char350
MOTTO MOTTO!

I cosplay Diamond/Lucas and I usually wear glasses & take them off for pictures. Though for pictures where I take with friends or do inside jokes (in other words, out of character) I'd keep them on for the picture..
Diamond/Lucas - Pokemon Platinum
Cheren - Pokemon Black & White
Ian Vashti - Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Katori Shingo - Bistro SMAP
Ikari Gai - Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Char350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
Bolts

I would advise that you keep your glasses if you need them to see. I'm doing a Nurse Joy as well, and require a cane to walk so I can't just "throw it away for a picture" lest I tip over. I'm not letting this stop me from taking photos though... Not everyone has genetic perfection. :P
Bolts is offline   Reply With Quote