Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
cujo

Angry Review: Anthony Le / MasterLe247

As the title suggests this is about Anthony Le (aka masterle247) he doesn't want to man up about ripping a bunch of people off on IM helmets (me being one of them) and doesn't want to make it right so I'm just letting everyone over here know DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY!

Any mods who reads this should consider banning this jerk because of his business practices from ripping people off or selling them CRAP. If I seem a little ANGRY well I am because I am one of his victims.

So Anthony if you read this I'll see you at DC in a few weeks with a few of your other victims, and we will get this straightened out..
cujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

Internet libel mixed with e-threats. I just came!

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Creative Genius
feelin' nerdy

ummm......ok then.
this place is not here for you to post your ranting and ravings....or threats.

NDK Cosplay list:
Sailor Cosmos - sailor moon
Secret WCS cosplay <3
season one sailor moon (husband as Tuxedo Mask <3)
and maaaaybe FEM!Lucifer from supernatural
Creative Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
EksDee-Alucard
Maybe i'm no-one...

Perhaps you should attempt to calmly explain, with links to images and copies of any conversations, exactly what has been offered, said and recieved. This may help people actually work out if this person is a crook for themselves, or if you're just disgruntled about a service that has in fact been completed to it's word.
EksDee-Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
Chocolahime

Vague post is vague...
Chocolahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Goosebot 5000

hes helping spread the word. Master Le has completely cut off communications and even blocked some of the people trying to contact him after not receiving his products, or after he fails to complete a business transaction. Le has been banned on several boards for his general attitude towards his fellow posters and the community, and also for his shady business practices. i can provide references from the banning mods if need be. the link below is the most recent thread trying to find out how to solve all of the business related problems with Le. I am one of the many who he has faulted and ignored. After messaging MANY MANY times thru email and thru every prop / costuming board to both his and his friends, my issue still hasnt been resolved, nor have i gotten a reply. my transaction with him has lasted right at 6 months now, and still isnt anywhere close to being completed. A good deal of money was spent with this, and now hes trying to cut and run. he placed the blame on one of his other business partners, and the partner actually tried to cover for him for a little bit, but now even his associates are hiding due to the chain of mistakes hes made.

if more threads similar to the ones below need to be linked, i can provid the links if anyone would like to review the material just in case they had thought about conducting business with him.

as far as threats go, we will definitely be looking for him at dragoncon, but not for any sort of violence. we will be trying to get an answer out of him if anything for our problems. more than likely it will just be another excuse if anything. there are too many people involved in this, and we are all just trying to get our products or $$, and to save others from falling for any of his business tricks.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/another-mas...ml#post1334904
Goosebot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
Chocolahime

You obviously sent the wrong person to spread the word. Someone just coming in and shouting fraud fraud! doesn't really tell anyone anything. I hope you are able to get some answers soon.

Also "cosplay.com is mostly anime inspired.. for the most part, costumes more simple, less serious. "
I know which forum I won't be joining.
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
EksDee-Alucard
Maybe i'm no-one...

Certainly post any more information you have, links to other places he has been doing this and any correspondance between the two of you, if not the other people he has been dealing with too.
At the very least, you'll have evidence that may cause people in the future to reconsider dealing with this person.
Please also do include information on what service was offered - with images if applicable.
Oftentimes, people who 'cut and run' in communities will change their e-mail address, alias and suchlike, but use the same images and posting format - by keeping as much information on this person as possible, you can begin to build up a blacklist that follows them even if this happens.
EksDee-Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

I have no problems with the guy. I just take his picture.

But yeah, this should be closed or deleted since this isn't the place for it. Rant on an LJ or DA somewhere, but not here.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
Chocolahime

I think that this sort of thing is important to be on here. It's not really a 'rant' if people have actually spent money and not received their products. The first post just really needs to be remade. Pictures of the samples he gives? Has anyone actually got their order from him? If so what was the condition? Pictures of that? Proof that he ordered from that guy?
Concrete evidence would really help. If you want to get someone banned you need to show instead of only tell.

Of course until such proof is shown it is ranting...

Last edited by Chocolahime : 08-18-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
TR Rose
Meowing About

You should write up a review and post it here:

http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=246

That's why there's a review board on here!
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
Thelchterya
Loves Watanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
You should write up a review and post it here:

http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=246

That's why there's a review board on here!
This!!

To Repair:
Zero Suit Samus
Princess Jasmine
Nabooru
Shinobu

To Revamp:
Yuuko Ichihara

To Complete:
STR

Next con: Ichibancon 3!
Thelchterya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
Chocolahime

I should also say that I don't think anyone is being a 'little kid' about this issue on here.
There isn't even any proof on that thread you linked to. I for one have absolutely no idea who this person is, so how can I take the word of some random on the internet?
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
SushiKai
Der Kommissars in Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolahime View Post
You obviously sent the wrong person to spread the word. Someone just coming in and shouting fraud fraud! doesn't really tell anyone anything. I hope you are able to get some answers soon.

Also "cosplay.com is mostly anime inspired.. for the most part, costumes more simple, less serious. "
I know which forum I won't be joining.
are you willing and capable of sinking over $1000 into a costume to make it as accurate as possible?
most people on coscom aren't, most people here work on a serious budget,
the replica community in comparison are people who want 100% accurate props, costumes ect, either for wearing or for personal display/collection purposes, often they will spend that kind of cash to get things of a level of quality that 99% of coscom are not interested or capable of making.
most costumes made from anime have less detail than a live action movie for example, because it's easier to animate simpler designs on screen.. anime cosplayers emulate that simpler design, hence... simple costumes.
it's not an insult.

wanna make a Bolt pistol Prop? check out www.bolter.blog.com
SushiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #15
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

TR Rose is correct in that the Review Board is the best place for this.

The General Chat section isn't the section for people to post "Don't trust this cosplayer!" "This cosplayer ripped me off!" "Boycott this cosplayer's commissions!" Seen it too many times, and the threads either get closed/deleted or moved. This one is no different..

Also the fact that the OP signed-up JUST to rant about that cosplayer?
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 08-18-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote