Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
DavinDaLilAzn

Star Trek

I didn't see a threat for Star Trek, so I figured I'd start one.

First off, there's gonna be a World Record Attempt for Star Trek characters as well.
http://worldrecords.dragoncon.org/star-trek-info/

Second, a group of my friends'll be "cosplaying"/dressed up based on the 2009 Film. We have a Kirk, Uhura, Sulu (me), and two other Starfleet personel.

This'll be happening on Sat.

MegaCon 2013
Dragon*Con 2013
DavinDaLilAzn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

I'll be a Klingon on Saturday. Maybe I'll see you there!
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

I'm pretty sure my group will be wearing ours pretty much every night except Sunday. We have 2009 versions of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. I know we'll be at the world record attempt as well.
Clive-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
Arlette
Let it Go

Not sure exactly what night we're wearing them, but two of my friends and I are dressing up as different versions of Wesley Crusher for the lulz. They're our drinking costumes! I'm doing his gray spacesuit version, and we'll also have Rainbow Sweater and possibly Ugly Orange Sweater. XD

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #5
Richness
More costume than cosplay

I'll be at the record attempt in my command red TNG Starfleet uniform. 543 is the record that was set earlier this month in Las Vegas. They nearly failed because of scheduling it at 9 AM on Saturday morning. Therefore, we can do it.

I also have 3 spare STARFLEET uniform tops that I'd be willing to let others wear for the record attempt. The gold TNG top fits a men's size medium t-shirt build. The red DS9 and gold TOS top will fit a men's size large t-shirt build. You'd need to provide your own black slacks, boots, and comm badge. Message me privately as I may miss it on here.

Since we're sharing links, here's the Facebook Event Page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129663100409949

Boldly go DragonCon!!!
Richness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

I'm so excited to see people here interested in the World Record Attempt! I'll be there in a DS9 jumpsuit. Thanks, Richness, for helping to bump our numbers up by offering people tops to wear. ^_^ This is gonna be awesome!

LLAP!

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
DavinDaLilAzn

Gonna ask here since other Trekkies might know, but any ideas for a boot suggestion for the 09 Star Trek Film? I know they're the DKNY Rebel, which isn't sold/made anymore, so I'm trying to find a similar boot. Anyone?

MegaCon 2013
Dragon*Con 2013
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

I'm looking still right now, if I find something that comes in a mens size I'll let you know (since I have chick feet...>.>). I know my Spock and McCoy aren't using the official looking ones because you don't really see their shoes as much.

Also I'd like to add that my little group has grown by 2 redshirts...how long they'll last is questionable (seeing as our McCoy now has a sound clip going "He's dead, Jim") but thankfully they regenerate pretty quickly.
Unread 08-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
DavinDaLilAzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive-kun View Post
I'm looking still right now, if I find something that comes in a mens size I'll let you know (since I have chick feet...>.>).
Women's boots will work for me as long as they don't look like women's boots. I only wear a 7 1/2 - 8 mens...

MegaCon 2013
Dragon*Con 2013
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

Ok so what I've found for shoes is these:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...13000P?prdNo=1
From Sears, the style and the buckles look nice and there's no zipper on them.

Sears also has a few in the men's section, but for the most part those are all over $100

I've yet to check if they're in stores or not (I don't know if I trust shipping them this close to convention time) but I might go do that today or tomorrow.
Unread 08-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
jackwabbit

I'll be at the record attempt in red DS9/Voyager full uniform.

I also have a spare yellow 2009 top someone could wear. It's short-sleeved, but it has the logo and is the correct material, etc. You would need pants, etc. It's a men's medium.

As for boots, I can't speak for screen accuracy, but my local Wal-Mart has some super basic women's black knee high boots that look the part just fine on sale for $11. They have a silver buckle with a strap over the top of the ankle, like a pirate boot (that's what I originally bought them for - with modifications they can pull many jobs), but that can easily be removed. Cuz really, they were $11. They're comfortable enough for cosplay, but most likely not for lots of walking, etc. Women's sizes. They had, oh, size 7-10ish, I think?

Recent/Completed Costumes:
Hit Girl, Jedi/Jedi Chef, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Ravenclaw on a Budget, Baby Bowler, SGA, Star Trek Voyager.

Current Costume Projects:
Galaxy Quest
Defiance (Irisa)

Oh, and thanks to Kelldar for the avatar photo!
(Dragon*Con Disney Photoshoot, 2009)
jackwabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

I went to Walmart and I didn't find those that Jackwabbit was talking about, BUT I found a pair of Faded Glory boots for $18 that have an ankle buckle and a top buckle. The top needs a little adjustment to be a little tighter, but other than that they feel amazing on, even with the pants tucked into them. And they had all sizes (I got 8s in womens).

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...778371 _n.jpg
(Let me know if you guys can't see that picture and want to)
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #13
jackwabbit

Those are pretty similar to the ones I found. Maybe they sold out/regional/it has been a little while ago. Mine seem comfy, too, but I haven't tried them out long distance, is all.

Now, I still need a grey mock turtleneck. Off I go tomorrow!

Recent/Completed Costumes:
Hit Girl, Jedi/Jedi Chef, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Ravenclaw on a Budget, Baby Bowler, SGA, Star Trek Voyager.

Current Costume Projects:
Galaxy Quest
Defiance (Irisa)

Oh, and thanks to Kelldar for the avatar photo!
(Dragon*Con Disney Photoshoot, 2009)
jackwabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
DavinDaLilAzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive-kun View Post
I went to Walmart and I didn't find those that Jackwabbit was talking about, BUT I found a pair of Faded Glory boots for $18 that have an ankle buckle and a top buckle. The top needs a little adjustment to be a little tighter, but other than that they feel amazing on, even with the pants tucked into them. And they had all sizes (I got 8s in womens).

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...778371 _n.jpg
(Let me know if you guys can't see that picture and want to)
I didn't see those boots at the Walmart I went to... I found a boot similar to that w/ a side zipper (Skechers brand) at Sears for $60 tho... It was a guy's boot also. I'll look again and see if I can find the Faded Glory before I buy the Skechers (even though I love Skechers)

MegaCon 2013
Dragon*Con 2013
Unread 08-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

Ok, this isn't going to help anyone with big feet, buuuut yeah. At payless shoes they have these:

http://www.payless.com/store/product...layName=Girls+

They're little girls and they're really comfortable. I wear a 7-8 in womens normally and a 4 1/2 in those fits me. (I ended up exchanging the ones I had because I realized that my McCoy was taller than me...>.> so I got those instead).