Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 09-29-2003, 03:25 PM   #1
newmyu
Waiiiiiiiii!!!

Question Wig cap and foam head - where to get one..?

I'm needing to find a yellow wig cap and a foam head for the wig I just ordered. I'm thinking the wig cap isn't going to be too difficult - all the pics I've seen so far, they just look like a piece from a pair of pantyhose, so I'm thinking if I can find some yellow ones, perhaps I could make one. o.O;

But the foam head... I'm at a loss. The cheapest I've yet to find one, costs over $10.00, which seems a bit rediculous (that was with shipping) for a piece of styrofoam. :/ So I thought I'd ask on here, since I've got a bit of time before the wig gets to me.

So, anyone have any advice/helpful tidbits?

Molly
newmyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
Gren
Gender Bender

If you have a Sally's beauty supply, they have them for 3 bucks. Any local beauty or wig shop should carry them.
Unread 10-01-2003, 12:49 AM   #3
angel_peach
peachy keen ^.~

Actually, for wig caps, you can get away with using just pantyhose. What I've seen most people do is cut off the legs and use the butt part as the wig cap, usually tying the leg "stubs" together. Another methood that works is to get the "queen" pantyhose and cut off a good section of the leg and put that over your head, then tye a knot at the top.

Usually for the same cost though, you can get a real wig cap. I don't know if they make yellow though, all I've ever seen is brown.
angel_peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2003, 05:10 AM   #4
kitty_neko

well, I've never seen yellow pantyhose (and I'm kinda glad o_O), but you could probably find a yellow swimming cap instead~

for the foam head, just check on ebay and hunt around in some beauty supply stores
kitty_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #5
newmyu
Waiiiiiiiii!!!

I ended up ordering a foam head, since I don't have any place that I know of within a decent drive that sells wigs, much less foam stands.

I've never seen yellow pantyhose, but I HAVE seen yellow tights, which I assume would work just as well. o.o; I don't know. I figure I can try it though, and if it works, great. ^_^;

My next big project is going to be figuring out how to get this wig up. o.o; I ordered from amphigory, the Cleopatra style if I remember correctly, so I can make odango with the hair and attach hair falls that I ordered elsewhere...now it's turned into a waiting game. *sigh*

Oh, and if I found a pair of really light colored pantyhose (white, maybe?) couldn't I just use the same method of making them yellow as people do with sharpies and wigs?
newmyu is offline   Reply With Quote