Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 12-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
FauxShot

Cosplay Help - Male!Ibuki Mioda (Danganronpa)

So, the title says it all! Looking to cosplay a genderbent Ibuki Mioda (Danganronpa) in the future (one day I'll finish up Junko, if I can ever find the right pants for it... Dx ).

I just thought I'd ask for some general opinions, and also would see if anyone had resources for specific parts of the cosplay. Below is a picture of Ibuki, and two different versions of the genderbend:

Ibuki: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../Ibuki_(1).png

GB #1: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...22-800-800.png

GB #2: https://40.media.tumblr.com/4fc9511c...66y8o1_500.png

So for right now, there's a few questions that I have which I'd like second opinions on.

1. Wig: Should I buy the long on and just trim it down (admittedly, never styled one before, but it does come with the cone things), or buy the short version?

Long: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danganronpa-... em338d296d5d

Short: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dangan-Ronpa...em339718 f30c

I could make the cones, but I'm not sure how those would fare on a headband or clipped on the wig since they're so big.

2. Short with the socks, or long black slacks?

3. Anyone know where to get an arm-warmer of the appropriate colors? I looked on Ebay, but they don't quite have that shade of purple.

4. I found some fake piercings on Amazon (rings), but I'd like to be able to find the pointed ones for her ears, as well as the small circular beads for her mouth (not sure if those would be practical, though).

I think everything else is relatively straightforward.

Thanks in advance! ^^

NEED TO FINISH: Basically everything. Dx

WANT TO COSPLAY: GB Yuki Nagato and also Fuyuhiko. .3.
FauxShot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
AnimeViolinist

I'm not sure if I can help with the rest of the costume but for the wig I'd definitely go with the short one. In my opinion cutting down female styled wigs to a short male cut just results in an overly fluffy wig- not really the look you're going for
Ryouma - 30%
Valentines!Koujaku - 30%
Fenris - 30%
AnimeViolinist is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
FauxShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeViolinist View Post
I'm not sure if I can help with the rest of the costume but for the wig I'd definitely go with the short one. In my opinion cutting down female styled wigs to a short male cut just results in an overly fluffy wig- not really the look you're going for
Ok, I'll keep that in mind, then! I'll probably need to look up a tutorial for the head cone/drill things.

Oh and nice Junko cosplay!

Unread 12-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
el3phantbird

1. Seconding getting the shorter wig. The cones on the premade longer wig don't look that nice anyway, you could probably make them better yourself.
2. Your preference.
3. Have you tried We Love Colors? You can get tights and make them into arm warmers if they don't sell actual arm warmers.
4. Try Claire's or Hot Topic for the fake piercings, I think I remember cosplayers saying they got them at Claire's and HT just seems like it'd have that kind of stuff.

Also hey I see your sig where do you live I'm a Peko in need of a Fuyuhiko hmu.

Working on:
Mami Tomoe (0%)
Despair!Peko Pekoyama (0%)

Upcoming cons: Katsucon, Anime Boston (tentatively)

Facebook | Tumblr
el3phantbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #5
FauxShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by el3phantbird View Post
1. Seconding getting the shorter wig. The cones on the premade longer wig don't look that nice anyway, you could probably make them better yourself.
2. Your preference.
3. Have you tried We Love Colors? You can get tights and make them into arm warmers if they don't sell actual arm warmers.
4. Try Claire's or Hot Topic for the fake piercings, I think I remember cosplayers saying they got them at Claire's and HT just seems like it'd have that kind of stuff.

Also hey I see your sig where do you live I'm a Peko in need of a Fuyuhiko hmu.
Thanks for the input! ^.^

I forgot about WLC, I'll have to see if they have the socks in proper colors, too.

Hmm, I'll look and see if they have an online store. We used to have a Hot Topic close to where I live, but now I think the closest one is a 45 minute drive. Not bad though, I could probably find other excuses to go there. xD

I live in Indiana lol, pretty far away from Connecticut unfortunately. xP Which reminds me, I need to update my signature. xD

Thanks again for your help! I'll probably end up ordering the short wig soon since the shipping will take a few weeks, then just work on getting things together a little bit at a time.