Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 08-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

So Now That I've Lost Most of the Weight....

Over the course of the past year, I lost 70 lbs.
I'm happy with where I'm at as of right now, but there's still about 5-10 lbs I still need to lose.

Now that I've lost most of the weight, I would like some help.

The weight loss has slowed down, how can I get it back going at a steady pace?
And I want to start toning up as well, how can I do that?

I attempted over the summer, but I didn't see many results.

I'd like to look a little more fit for my upcoming cosplay of Lavi, since he's pretty fit looking.
(Not manly or anything, but you probably figured that XD)
-Momocon 2014
Upcoming Cosplays:
*Mami Tomoe -Puella Magi Madoka Magica
*Daenerys Targaryen -Game of Thrones
Firefly026 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2010, 02:27 AM   #2
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

Whats your weight at right now? I'm -guessing- that you are getting down into what your body may consider essential fat, and basically your body is going to become more stubborn and try to hang onto some of the fat it has. You'll need to be extra dedicated to shred those extra pounds off.

I can't recall what off hand your regime is like but it boils down to a lot of the same basics but much more attention to detail. Diet, Cardio, and for toning up - weight lifting.

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

What are you currently doing right now for exercise? Do you strictly diet? Do you do cardio/lift/play sports etc.

If you can spell out what you are doing now, it should be easy enough to tell you how to tweek it to continue getting some good results.

But like Samuri said, the last few pounds are always the hardest. Your body has acclimated to whatever you have been doing, so you have to change something.

My guess offhand? Stick to whatever diet you've been using, it seems to be working. Make sure you get enough protein though, as it takes more energy to metabolize and it keeps your muscles healthy.

Lift heavier, and up the intensity of your cardio. Lets say you were hopping on an ellyptical for 30 minutes 3 times a week at a level of 10, bump it up to level 12 for resistance. I'm betting your heart rate is a lot lower now when you exercise than it was 70 pounds ago.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Kasinator
Not quite human

So far your progress is outstanding! I cannot stress that enough in itself. If you lost all your weight via dieting all you have to do is start taking a look into the beginners workout topic here. Im updating part two of it today later this afternoon.

If you have been doing both diet and exercise, then jump to the intermediate workout page. you sound more than ready if you ask me. Just let us know the extra details mentioned above. Again congratulations!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

My weight right now is probably about 137 or so, I haven't weighed in a while >_>
Currently I'm doing cardio 30-45 minutes 4 days a week.
I'm also taking a body conditioning class this semester, and so far we've done all sorts of work outs.

My diet isn't as strict as it should be, seeing as how eating healthy on a college campus is expensive/near impossible, but I don't just eat whatever I want.
I eat every 3-4 hrs and it's small portions of things. I'll probably have a small turkey sub tonight for dinner, lol.

I'm hoping my body conditioning class will kick my body back into gear XD
And I upped the intensity on the ellyptical I used today.

And thanks Kasinator!! I'll definitely check that page out!
-Momocon 2014
Upcoming Cosplays:
*Mami Tomoe -Puella Magi Madoka Magica
*Daenerys Targaryen -Game of Thrones
Firefly026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

The best advice is probably just keep on keeping on. Stick with whats working, but continue to work just a bit harder each week.

It sounds like your diet is good enough, but it always helps to remember its easier to take in fewer calories than it is to burn them off, lol.

So for cardio, up the intensity in some way. Increase your speed/incline/resistance, whatever works for you. Or you can even consider looking into some interval training (which is alternating between sprints/slow jog periods) This takes about half the amount of time, when done correctly, but is far more draining, and trickier to do depending on your equipment.

For the fitness classes, don't be afraid to lift heavier weights. If you can lift it 6-8 times, and can't do any more, than thats a good weight. Stick with it till you can do 10-12 with that weight, then bump it up again. Do this with everything and you should be amazed with your progress after a month or three.

Keeping a journal either of food eaten, or your workouts can be a very useful tool, and a good way to track yourself.

Just keep up the good work and you'll hit those goals.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
Brand
Like that son!?

When weight loss slows down the easiest way to fix it is to change your exercise regiment. Instead of running for a straight 30-45 minutes try HIIT instead. Increasing weight helps yes but for fat burning you need to keep your HR up so in between lifts do other cardio exercises on a different part of your body. Like seal jumps or mountain climbers.
Brand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 02:30 AM   #8
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
My weight right now is probably about 137 or so, I haven't weighed in a while >_>
Currently I'm doing cardio 30-45 minutes 4 days a week.
I'm also taking a body conditioning class this semester, and so far we've done all sorts of work outs.

My diet isn't as strict as it should be, seeing as how eating healthy on a college campus is expensive/near impossible, but I don't just eat whatever I want.
I eat every 3-4 hrs and it's small portions of things. I'll probably have a small turkey sub tonight for dinner, lol.

I'm hoping my body conditioning class will kick my body back into gear XD
And I upped the intensity on the ellyptical I used today.

And thanks Kasinator!! I'll definitely check that page out!

doing 30-45 minutes of cardio 4x times a week will let you get away with not eating perfectly Just as long as your eating sensibly it's alright great progress btw but if you don't mind could you post some before and after pictures for some motivation for others? =)
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote