Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 08-24-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
ILuvShikamaru
*insert epic title here*

Any suggestions?

I have a disease known as hypothyroidism (my dostor told me about a year ago). It makes me tired and worn out even when I get a lot of sleep, so working out is really difficult for me. Last time I went to a guy, I worked out for about an hour too an hour and a half and I ended up sleeping for nearly 17 hours! But my main problem is my metabolism. It is so slow that it is close to impossible for me to lose weight, because I am ALWAYS hungry. No joke. I can be totally full then be hungry less that an hour later.

The point is, does anyone know how I can NOT be hungry? If not, does anyone at least know of some healthy, filling snacks?

As a side note, if anyone knows any excercises that I can do that wont KO me, it would be appreciated
ILuvShikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Jooo-chan

In your profile avi you don't look like you'd need to lose any weight! If possible provide a better picture?

Anyways, Mac and cheese is usually something that fills me up for some reason. Also, another thing is if you eat slowly it might help (I read somewhere that it makes you full faster)
Jooo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
hongkongchick
Noobie

yea u dont look like u need to lose any weight!!!!!!!!!

but milk fills me up. if i drink my coffee with milk, i am full for a while! for snacks, eat fruit. apple, bananas fill me up, esp the bananas!

oh btw. do not do P90X, that will def KO you! it almost KO'ed me! lol
hongkongchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
distantarray

there's been quite a few people with hypothyroidism on the boards, you have to watch what you eat, and you can easily over train.

For those who don't know what Hypothyroidism is.

"Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the body lacks sufficient thyroid hormone. Since the main purpose of thyroid hormone is to "run the body's metabolism," it is understandable that people with this condition will have symptoms associated with a slow metabolism. The estimates vary, but approximately 10 million Americans have this common medical condition. In fact, as many as 10% of women may have some degree of thyroid hormone deficiency. Hypothyroidism is more common than you would believe, and millions of people are currently hypothyroid and don't know it. For an overview of how thyroid hormone is produced and how its production is regulated."

Also stuff to watch out for

"people with hypothyroidism are often told to avoid goitrogenic foods. Goitrogenic refers to the fact that these foods can increase your likelihood of developing a goiter by decreasing thyroid hormone production. Remember, a goiter is a lump in your neck, caused by an inflammation of the thyroid. It’s not pretty.

The funny thing about these foods is that the majority of them are very healthy, in general. The incidence of their consumption causing a goiter is gone if you take specific measures, most notably – cooking them.

Regardless, the following foods are considered goitrogenic: cabbage, broccoli, turnips, rutabaga, mustard greens, kale, spinach, Brussels sprouts, peaches, pears, strawberries, and radishes cauliflower, millet, and African cassava.

These foods should not be eaten in large quantities and generally not raw especially if you are on thyroid replacement hormones and still have a thyroid because they can negatively interact with your medication, nullifying its effects. Cooking seems to break down the enzymes enough to make the anti-thyroid effect a non-factor.

Other foods that fall on this list are potatoes and corn. These starchy vegetables may also have a goitrogenic effect, although we, in the Western world, are less likely to consume either of these raw anyway. Therefore, they may not be as much of a factor for us."
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

Last edited by distantarray : 08-31-2010 at 08:17 PM.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote