Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 08-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Exercising on a Rainy Day?

So, my plan last night, as I was laying in bed, listening to the rain, was to do my cardio today since I did a LOT of weightlifting this weekend (helped my dad install our new drier and lugged musical instruments back and forth between mine and my geek's house) and I wake up to the same sound of domesticated animals falling from the sky (not just cats and dogs but ALL of the domesticated animals!) Is there any exercises that I can do indoors that either won't strain the muscles I've already worked over the weekend (mostly arms, legs, and back, I think, based on where I'm feeling most soar) or will be good cardio?

For the record, before anyone says jump rope, there is not really that much room in the house and I don't know where my dad has hidden that thing.

Now, I know that, this being Florida, waiting two minutes would help, but I've been doing that for an hour and the only change the weather has had has been 'raining hard' and 'raining harder.'

Completed:
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep)

In Progress:
Princess Katia- Lost Kingdoms/Rune (making the mock-ups)
DevTehFiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2010, 02:41 AM   #2
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevTehFiend View Post
So, my plan last night, as I was laying in bed, listening to the rain, was to do my cardio today since I did a LOT of weightlifting this weekend (helped my dad install our new drier and lugged musical instruments back and forth between mine and my geek's house) and I wake up to the same sound of domesticated animals falling from the sky (not just cats and dogs but ALL of the domesticated animals!) Is there any exercises that I can do indoors that either won't strain the muscles I've already worked over the weekend (mostly arms, legs, and back, I think, based on where I'm feeling most soar) or will be good cardio?

For the record, before anyone says jump rope, there is not really that much room in the house and I don't know where my dad has hidden that thing.

Now, I know that, this being Florida, waiting two minutes would help, but I've been doing that for an hour and the only change the weather has had has been 'raining hard' and 'raining harder.'
I live in Florida too and it sucks it's been raining for a while .... but anyways DDR, lunges, squats, push ups, in a constant motion repeating will work as cardio. If you follow most things that Zuzana does on http://www.bodyrock.tv you can do almost everything in doors and I guarenttee you'll get an awesome workout.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:53 AM   #3
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

You said no one mention jump rope...but I honestly don't own a jump rope or a DIY jump rope, so I just fake it! Haha I even double jump. Same exact workout, just less falling and slapping yourself in the leg.

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
Kasinator
Not quite human

I second miming jump rope. There is also prison cell pushups as an option!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw3EFYP-gYY&fmt=34

listen to the tv when it explains what pam is doing differently for the sake of modifying.

I also recommend bodyrock.tv for in home no equipment exercises as distantarray had already mentioned.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD

Last edited by Kasinator : 08-25-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
distantarray

you know you realized if you take out arms legs and back, all you have left is chest and abs right? :P since you can't workout your chest without arms, I guess doing as many crunches as fast as you can will do

oh a fun cardio you can do is get tennis balls and put them in long tube socks, and do poi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpCZkSVLfGo

then after a while you work upto fire poi =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilfvH6souuQ
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

My running days are behind me, but unless there was a hurricane warning, i just ran in the rain. A baseball cap (worn frontwards!) will keep most of the water off your face.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
My running days are behind me, but unless there was a hurricane warning, i just ran in the rain. A baseball cap (worn frontwards!) will keep most of the water off your face.
so you don't run anymore unless there's a hurricane coming? are you running away from it or towards it? -_-;
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #8
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

LOL! I think you misunderstood my post. I don't run anymore at all (at least, not outside, I'll still do a little on treadmills) due to being old and having issues with my joints. When I did run, I didn't mind running in the rain unless it was really storming (i.e. lightning, torrential downpour). When I was a kid, my mother used to say, "You're not made out of sugar. You won't melt." I took her advice to heart!

Last edited by The Hag : 08-25-2010 at 09:02 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #9
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
LOL! I think you misunderstood my post. I don't run anymore at all (at least, not outside, I'll still do a little on treadmills) due to being old and having issues with my joints. When I did run, I didn't mind running in the rain unless it was really storming (i.e. lightning, torrential downpour). When I was a kid, my mother used to say, "You're not made out of sugar. You won't melt." I took her advice to heart!
since your name and melting kinda pushes me to make the connection to the wicked witch :P

I'm just teasin about the running part, I knew what you were saying, I'm just bored so I thought I'd be a smart ass =)
Unread 08-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Thanks for the tips. ^^ Now that it's sunny though I'm gonna go outside and mow the yard before it starts raining again.

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
I live in Florida too and it sucks it's been raining for a while .... but anyways DDR, lunges, squats, push ups, in a constant motion repeating will work as cardio. If you follow most things that Zuzana does on http://www.bodyrock.tv you can do almost everything in doors and I guarenttee you'll get an awesome workout.
That's awesome, about where in Florida do you live (if you don't mind my asking. ^^) and thanks for the link ^^ I'll look into that and try and find my DDR mats.

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 08-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
distantarray

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. ^^ Now that it's sunny though I'm gonna go outside and mow the yard before it starts raining again.
well there's a form of cardio pushing a damn lawn mower around wet grass :P

Quote:
That's awesome, about where in Florida do you live (if you don't mind my asking. ^^) and thanks for the link ^^ I'll look into that and try and find my DDR mats.

Sarasota, hour south of Tampa u?
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #13
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
well there's a form of cardio pushing a damn lawn mower around wet grass :P

Sarasota, hour south of Tampa u?
Seffener/Mango, bout half an hour away from Tampa when traffic's good.

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
distantarray

Quote:
Seffener/Mango, bout half an hour away from Tampa when traffic's good.
wow I drive by mango all the time in the way to Orlando no wonder you went to Metrocon XD
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
wow I drive by mango all the time in the way to Orlando no wonder you went to Metrocon XD
Cool! ^^ What are you doing in Orlando?

Completed:

In Progress: