Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Warriors Orochi

Time to spread out in the DW board~! *gets comfortable*

Later this afternoon, I'm planning to start work on my Yoshitsune costume! So excited... that armour is going to cause so much pain, but be so worth it in the end!

So yeah, I thought some discussion on the Orochi-exclusive characters would be nice to have here!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2010, 04:23 AM   #2
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

<3
I want to see progress pics as always ^^

And I really am giving 'black Taiga' as we renamed the alternate Taigong Wang's form serious thoughts.
I already know how to make the other version and know now what I'd do differently, so it should turn out even better, I think
Unread 08-27-2010, 04:59 AM   #3
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

I'll probably put progress shots up on my LJ, and when he's *almost* done, I'll post a pic here. XD I've just got to find somewhere that is willing to sell me a LOT of cord for cheap!

I have the most gorgeous golds for the armour, so it's really exciting!!!

And I'll be looking forward to seeing your Black Taiga, if you do him!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

It's been decided :3
'Black Taiga' will happen. With a small modification.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...051 697_n.jpg

This is my reference artwork that I'm going to use. I MUST make the hat including the tourquise stuff.

Yesterday I bought all fabric. The only one I couldn't find - of course - was the dark purple one. They were all to ... light.
It's almost black-purple, so I'm having trouble finding a purple going that dark, but I won't give up! :3
Also haven't found golden frog buttons and can't figure out if the ones on the white design are purple or white. On the front view they look dark, but on the back view they could also be white or a light grey or silver. *scratches head*
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

I need some help on my Taigong Wang. I procrastinated on him long enough and want to finish up his costume.

How would you suggest constructing the dragon head at the end of his fishing rod? I'm horribly afraid of sculpting T_T

Another thing would be the gold details on his pants. I already had them made from jersey for it to be stretchy and realize i have not add on the patterns!
Sin Kiske (Guilty Gear) - planning

2014 events: TGS 2014, STGCC '14, AFA '14

moonlit-sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlit-sky View Post
How would you suggest constructing the dragon head at the end of his fishing rod? I'm horribly afraid of sculpting T_T
There are various options. An aquantice of mine searched for a dragon head on flea markets and also looked for toys until she found one in a good size.

Since I didn't think I was that good of sculping either, I sketched out the SIDE of a dragon head - just google a good picture of a dragon - of if you get a big enough scan of the original of taiga - and trace it on the pc and put it into the correct size.

Cut it out and put it on carton two times. Cut those out and put something between them - like craft foam or stuff like that.
That's the base, you can work with. I used paper machee to do the details next, but I'm certain there are other creative ways (wonderflex and stuff like that) to work on the remaining details.
Make the bottom side of the dragon flat if you can't put the thing straight onto the rod - or something of similar size.

If you got any detailed question, just ask again :3 I'm stalking this thread at least once a week.

Quote:
Another thing would be the gold details on his pants. I already had them made from jersey for it to be stretchy and realize i have not add on the patterns!
?
do you mean the black thing? (Those are pants? ^^° I made them sort of stockings)

If so, I can't guarantee 100 % that this is all there is to it, since I made part of it up (no matter how I tried, I couldn't get a full view of it), but if you want to use it, go ahead:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9...attern2nn0.jpg
Unread 01-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #7
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

His bottoms are leggings i think? =/
Thank you so much for the pattern sketch! I was worried i need to stare at my game screen for hours to get a clear view. I'll see how much i can stretch the leggings out so i can trace them onto it.

Thanks for the tip for the dragon too. I'll look into making it from scratch using your tips coz i'm already forced to do the similar thing for my DW6 Sun Quan's sword hilt.................

Unread 01-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

No prob. I think I even should have a 'Diary' on how I made my old Taiga cosplay on KW board.

*checking*

Okay, you need to have an account on the board to be able to access it, but here you go.
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarrio...1/#post8122162

I recommend reading it all the way, since I sometimes realized that my plans weren't going the way I wanted them too and thus had do do something else.

Also, I haven't made the ball (yet) so I don't recommend using my part of that, since I can't guarantee it will work :3
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #9
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

Your manual definitely helped

My robe was finished a year and a half ago, it's been sitting in my cupboard all this while .___.

I'm left with his rod, accessories, styling the wig and making his hair bun. Aiming to complete him for a con in April!

Unread 01-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #10
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Glad to read that -^^- that was the purpose when I typed it up :3

I dunno if I wrote it, but I cheated on the hair bun. I ended up using some craft foam where I pulled the fabric of the bun-cloth over it and then attatched it to the wig-net. I used pins, but you can also sew it on with white sewing thread - make it loose, than you can undo and take it off whenever you want :3 - and use the wig otherwise if you want

Good luck with it! <3
Feel free to show off what you did so far! I'm curious to see another Taigong <3
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

The only completed item is his pendant.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4397/tgwpendant.jpg

The robe was a commission so credits go to my seamstress ><

Unread 01-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Ooooooooooh <3 Nice.

Well :3 I'd like to see it anyway if you are willing to share it.

I gave up on trying to get a purple fabric for Taiga (as my friends and I started calling him XD) for the time being. I bought white fabric today since I found a dye that supposedly has the perfect color (aubergine) :3 Will see what the results say or if I need a little bit of black to the mix.
Unread 01-29-2011, 03:33 AM   #13
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

I know how it feels not being able to find that EXACT shade of fabric, especially purple, my woe was for DW5 Sima Yi. (4 shades of purple ARGH)

Good luck with the dye job, i'm sure it will turn out nicely.

Robe front
Robe back

I love my seamstress for getting the clouds done so accurately! I did provide her the patterns but still! The sleeve's designs will go on at a much later date.

The design on his chestpiece was cut out from gold paper and stuck onto purple craft foam. Mod podge was added to seal everything. After that's done, i'm cutting out the bordering lines out of more gold paper to finish everything up. I have not gone into working out a way to fix it on :x

I could not find anything close to use for his scroll so they have to be made. Strips of cardboard painted brown and glued onto some string worked. After the glue dries, roll it up and secure with more string and viola! It's done!

I worked around a long wooden dowel for his fishing rod using foamcore to make room for the symbol to go on and then i will use paper clay to form all the little parts. This will be put on hold for a while until i finish my DW costume.

I need to start so i can feel the urge to complete it and not look at it telling myself "You already started, SO FINISH IT!"

Delaying Tai Gong Wang for reaching 2 years was bad enough D:

Unread 01-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #14
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlit-sky View Post
The design on his chestpiece was cut out from gold paper and stuck onto purple craft foam. Mod podge was added to seal everything. After that's done, i'm cutting out the bordering lines out of more gold paper to finish everything up. I have not gone into working out a way to fix it on :x
I bought the needle-pin-thingy used for brooches from a craft store. In my case I made two tiny holes in the loopy design on top of the 'talisman' (as I call it) but you could just stick it to the back with hot glue :3

Quote:
I could not find anything close to use for his scroll so they have to be made. Strips of cardboard painted brown and glued onto some string worked. After the glue dries, roll it up and secure with more string and viola! It's done!
Oh, it looks good!
You could paint his name on the inside in chinese letters for fun XD

Quote:
I worked around a long wooden dowel for his fishing rod using foamcore to make room for the symbol to go on and then i will use paper clay to form all the little parts. This will be put on hold for a while until i finish my DW costume.
I wish good look with that. I do remember it being quite a difficoult part for me to work with.

And about right shade: I just had to color something pink for another cosplay and almost got driven up the wall.
I've dyed quite a lot in the past two years with no grave errors. This time thought... *groans*
Pink is the ultimate evil for me, it would seem.
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
moonlit-sky
call me TJ

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2844368/

TGW's tailsman and scroll are completed!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2844369/

The rod had SOME progress but you are right about it being the difficult part. The sections around the symbol are a horror to shape, i'm quite tempted to pry that part off and re-do it x_o