Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 08-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
pocketotter

Cosplay N00b

Hello amazing cosplayers,

I'm a journalist who was lucky enough to be sent to the Nova con in Sydney earlier this year. I had never seen cosplay before, though I've long been involved in vaguely related stuff (I.E. Online, text-based roleplaying games--MUDs) so I was immediately drawn in by it all.

What a brilliant artform.

My editor has received a number of enquiries from our readers about cosplay, and what the real deal is, and so fortunately I've been given the story.

I'm trying to get as much accurate background information on the "scene" as possible, so that I can then interview any cosplayers who are interested in talking without wasting their time or inflicting ignorance on them.

I wondered if anyone here could recommend any reading/resources that would help me get a proper grasp on things.

I really want to portray cosplaying as accurately as possible, so I'm putting in a lot of research time to make sure it all comes together. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time,

Meg.
pocketotter is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

I think there are a lot of threads that address the origination of cosplay in the General Cosplay board here... but, of course, it is mainly US information.

You're welcome to "inflict ignorance" on me, if you like! I've been in the scene for 9 years, so I hope I'd be able to answer any specific questions you have. Just send me a PM.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
emerald.line

A good idea would be to arrange to meet a few seasoned cosplayers and allot a time slot at a convention, then next convention coming up is Animania at the Redfern Technology Park, Sydney. I only started cosplaying a year or so ago, but I think I have a reasonable knowledge of cosplay and I would be happy to answer any questions
emerald.line is offline   Reply With Quote