Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 10-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
Chibi_Kimu<3

I had my boots commissioned by a cosplay.com member named ytka. I sent her the money on Oct 1, after I put a ad in the marketplace. I told her the due date was on the 28th. Weeks go by and I have sent her a email asking what the status of my boots are. And I have yet to hear from this person. I feel like I got ripped off. I paid money for this and I do have a right to know what's going on with my item. Youmacon is next week and it got to the point where I had to purchase boots and make them myself. If you send money to someone to do the work you deserve a answer.

Last edited by Chibi_Kimu<3 : 10-22-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Chibi_Kimu<3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #17
angst_and_smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Kimu<3 View Post
I had my boots commissioned by a cosplay.com member named ytka. I sent her the money on Oct 1, after I put a ad in the marketplace. I told her the due date was on the 28th. Weeks go by and I have sent her a email asking what the status of my boots are. And I have yet to hear from this person. I feel like I got ripped off. I paid money for this and I do have a right to know what's going on with my item. Youmacon is next week and it got to the point where I had to purchase boots and make them myself. If you send money to someone to do the work you deserve a answer.
I believe I've been screwed by this person as well. After not getting my wig by Halloween, I looked them up and I think they're just a copycat scammer using "YtkaMatilda"'s likeness. This is pretty damn bogus.

Fanime 2010 - Dib (Invader Zim), Johnny (JTHM), Misa (Death Note)
INVADERCON 2011 - Dib

www.livejournal.com/~angels_burn
some cosplay photos are here: http://bleed-the-wall.deviantart.com/
angst_and_smut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #18
javachip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Well, this is something thats starting to annoy me... and i was wondering if its normal, or people just don't like me on this site :\

So i decide i'd like to commission something, and i send a few emails out. Lets say, i ask about three or four commissioners for a price quote, as i plan on picking whoever seems most qualified with the best price.

I wait. And wait. And wait. Eventually, maybe one or two of them will respond.

Soooo what happened to the other people?

Sometimes, i'll get a response that says they're full and not accepting more commissions. Sometimes i'll get a response that says they don't think they can make it. But the vast majority of the time, i don't even get a response.

Is this normal? I thought it was just courtesy to say "Sorry, i can't" or something. Otherwise, i keep checking my email for nothing, waiting for a response that will never come. Its so stupid. I even had one guy say he could make the item, agree to it, then he said he'd give me a quote when he checked the price of materials. Then he never replied again. Its like... if its too expensive, at least TELL ME that! Don't just drop off the face of the earth...
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I've probably emailed about 5-6 people asking for price quotes on some costumes that I want to cosplay as. Out of those 6 people, only one person actually responded back to me with a quote. Very professional I might add. It's been almost 3 weeks and still no reply from others. I saw their work and it looked really good and really wanted them to do commission for me.

I guess I can email them again as long as they don't think I'm being annoying or something. All I'm asking is a short reply of telling me if they could do it or not or if they can still do it but it would have to cost more (which is understandable) then just tell me, especially if they are doing this as a business.
javachip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #19
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Just a few months ago there was this person who said she would love me to make a Kurenai costume for her. We've talked about it and I agreed to make it but now suddenly she's taken over two months to 'find measuring tape around'. It's kind of strange when it happens this way.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #20
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

I'm currently having this problem with a commissioner. I think I just need to stop using commissioners at this point. :/

I asked for two boot covers in early December and she said she just needed two weeks. I needed them by January 5th at the latest since I wanted to use them for AnimeLA. After discussing everything, I paid her and let her work.

....it's now January 19th and I've YET to get my boot covers OR hear an excuse why they aren't here yet. I've e-mailed AND messaged her here on cosplay.com about ten times now. I've seen on her profile that she's been on, but I've no reply to ANY of my messages. I've resorted to contacting a friend of hers to try to get a hold of her. If she won't reply, the friend has agreed to give me her phone number. If that doesn't work, I'm filing a Paypal dispute. I paid almost $90 for them, I'm not letting her just take that amount and go.

And if you're REALLY bored, my YouTube channel (beware, some boy love videos)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TamerKatsuya
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #21
mosaicera

I'm a tad bit worried myself as my current commissioner completed the item, has a photo of it in her gallery, has a video of it up, and all that jazz, but since the final payment back in February, she hasn't replied to my PM's >__<; Everything was PERFECTO up until this point and the photo shoot date got bumped up by a week and a half @__@; Now I'm biting my nails worried to death >__<; I, too, have seen her profile since then and she has been on almost every day since the final payment so ... ack D:!!
mosaicera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #22
Tabby-chan
Aka: Natsuno Yuuki

this is my first time commisioning anyone for anything and to be honest im trying so hard not to pester the 2 people ive comisioned lol. its only been 3 days since i emailed one and im forcing myself to not send another email haha XD im so scared of getting scammed but i dont want to be a bother because i worry too much lol
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:42 AM   #23
mosaicera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby-chan View Post
this is my first time commisioning anyone for anything and to be honest im trying so hard not to pester the 2 people ive comisioned lol. its only been 3 days since i emailed one and im forcing myself to not send another email haha XD im so scared of getting scammed but i dont want to be a bother because i worry too much lol
I fear I have the same mind set as you do. I often end up being quite a bothersome and pestering little fellow who keeps on sending messages poking and prodding to find out whether (a) has been done, whether (b) has been shipped out yet, to reconfirm whether (c) is right, etc., etc. Perhaps that's the reason the commissioner isn't answering me anymore (perhaps I scared her away T___T ...).

Whatever the case, I hope I hear from one of my two commissioners soon about when the item will be shipped out and I hope you receive your reply soon
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #24
Tabby-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosaicera View Post
I fear I have the same mind set as you do. I often end up being quite a bothersome and pestering little fellow who keeps on sending messages poking and prodding to find out whether (a) has been done, whether (b) has been shipped out yet, to reconfirm whether (c) is right, etc., etc. Perhaps that's the reason the commissioner isn't answering me anymore (perhaps I scared her away T___T ...).

Whatever the case, I hope I hear from one of my two commissioners soon about when the item will be shipped out and I hope you receive your reply soon
good to know im not alone on this lol. but both comisioners have been more than nice for me thats y im forcing myself not to email them any sooner than a week apart lol
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #25
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Do you two know if your commissioners have good reviews anywhere? Sometimes, good reviews are misleading...there's always a chance of a mishap, but they can be a pretty good source to see about arrival of garments and such.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:20 AM   #26
Tabby-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Do you two know if your commissioners have good reviews anywhere? Sometimes, good reviews are misleading...there's always a chance of a mishap, but they can be a pretty good source to see about arrival of garments and such.
um i think the one who is doing my wig is new, so no reviews yet but shes doing it for the price of the base wig and ive had great communication with her. the one thats making my costume is actually going to the same con as me and ive seen her at the con previous years. also i paid for half of it, and she will recieve the other half of the payment when we meet up at the con. so im pretty sure i am in good hands with these i think i just got myself all nervous over nothing haha
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #27
mosaicera

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
The one I commissioned from for the item has a single superb review, with the actual commissioner's gallery showing a lot more commissions that looked simply beautiful and stunning. From those two factors alone, I decided to commission my item from her. I pray it does indeed get here soon :/
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:41 AM   #28
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosaicera View Post
The one I commissioned from for the item has a single superb review, with the actual commissioner's gallery showing a lot more commissions that looked simply beautiful and stunning. From those two factors alone, I decided to commission my item from her. I pray it does indeed get here soon :/
I'm quite curious who your commissioner is, lol.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:43 AM   #29
Tabby-chan

edit: oops wrong thing haha
Unread 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #30
mosaicera

Sigh ... Still nothing. And I know she's been on. Aiya aiya aiya >__<~ Photoshoot date is fast approaching too. ACK!