Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 08-27-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
TOXiiC_CHiiCHii

A cosplayer in need of advice.

Hello everyone,

You can call me Toxiic, and I'm a sixteen year old otaku in search of a healthy solution to slimming down. I'm about 5'11" and 188 pounds... dare I say my weight on the internet >.<;;;
I'm actually attending a con in October, it's Youmacon and I'm pretty pumped for it! I have cosplay plans for the entire time, but there's just a little thing that's getting me down. My weight. I know I've gained an unruly amount of weight, some of it due to the fact I've grown quite taller over the last year and a half, but, I'm not going to lie, I have bad habits.

As of lately I've been cutting down on my sweets, but I'm trying my hardest to cut them out all together. I also have an addiction to pop... but I've cut that also and have been drinking more water. I'm working out at the gym about three times a week and have been trying to get out of the house more often.

I haven't been doing this for long but I feel I need to do more for my sake.

My friend and I are doing the female versions of Mario and Luigi and I really need to slim down for it because it's kind of revealing.

Please, any advice at all is welcome! I need it badly.

Thank you,
Toxiic
OwO
TOXiiC_CHiiCHii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

I think the only thing for you in the short term, at least to reach your date. Is proper, (dare I say strict) diet and lots of cardio.

I don't want to recommend anything very drastic because I don't know your threshold. But obviously, nutritional overhaul, cutting calories, proper foods, and cardio-cardio-cardio. If your school has a fitness center at all with cardio machines use it, join a gym if you can, if not ride your bike or suck it up and start jogging.

It's not the overall best way to go about things, but if you want to reach a target in a short period of time it's what to do I believe and if you can keep up with it, readjust you once the con is over to something more suitable

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
TOXiiC_CHiiCHii

Thanks so much, your advice actually motivated me (:
I actually do have a gym membership so I'll go to it more often and do a ton of cardio there. I can definately afford to eat healthier, I think it'll really help me reach my goal!
TOXiiC_CHiiCHii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOXiiC_CHiiCHii View Post
Thanks so much, your advice actually motivated me (:
I actually do have a gym membership so I'll go to it more often and do a ton of cardio there. I can definately afford to eat healthier, I think it'll really help me reach my goal!
careful about cutting calories and doing lots of cardio at once though. If your used to it, it's fine. But most people cut too much calories, and go into too high of workout making their bodies suffer in the process. I actually recommend not changing your diet, just eating more often in smaller portions. Workout hard and your mindset will naturally ease into a better diet as you progress.

You'll be thinking oh shit this soda will take me 20minutes on the treadmill to burn off! so maybe you'll be likely to pass on that pop =)

Most people just over diet, and workout out at the sametime. Will power easily lingers and cravings go crazy cause the body is starving. People don't often realize that when you workout you need to eat more.

Regular person is suggested to take in about 2,000 calories a day. If you diet and take in 1,500 calories a day you should lose about pound a week. (3,500 calories = 1 pound fat) but when you workout you can still take in 2,000 calories a day and still lose weight without a problem. If you eat only 1,500 calories, and burn more than 300 calories this is very bad for your health, since it's not advised by doctors to take in any less than 1,200 calories a day.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Taigisu
Mafias Eve

I would cut down calories, but mainly cut the pop and salts. Salts make ya retain water so works against you greatly.

Try 5-7 small, healthy meals daily that way your body is able to burn it off faster. keep up with cardio and plenty of water. That should at least help you get off most water weight.

Good luck! ^o^
Taigisu is offline   Reply With Quote