Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Wig Brand/Shop Review: Classe

Name of Merchant: Classe
Items ordered: Hope Estheim character wig
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: full album here

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed through otamap and took about one week to process even with some restocking issues. Shipping was within Japan.

My partner and I needed wigs for Vanille and Hope and Classe had two character wigs that looked pretty much perfect. I've never gotten a "pre-styled" character wig before, so I wasn't sure quite what to expect... but the colors were spot-on (with two different choices for Vanille to boot) so we went for it through Otamap, our usual cosplay shop portal.

It arrived packed with my Vellsus order (for a Howl wig) and was packed in a carrying case, wrapped in a wig net and stuffed with a good amount of firmly-packed tissue paper with Classe tags attatched. It also came with a free peach wig cap, an extra hairnet and a heavy-duty plastic storage bag.

Pros: All of the difficult bits of cutting and styling have been pre-done. The back is accurate, the bangs are more or less finished and the sides can be cut to frame any face by way of customization. All that really needs doing in terms of cutting is a slight trim to the bangs and cutting the sideburns to fit my own jaw.

The 4,400 yen asking price is about on par with an unstyled wig from prichara or another of the mid-range dealers... and is exactly the same price as Charas' character wig for the same character (which I had also considered) but which seems far too white and a bit long in comparison.

Shipping was free (since it was a combined order through otamap) and the carrying case is a great bonus.

Cons: None really. I dig the wig and it's perfect for the character.

Final Comments: This is my second Classe wig and my first pre-styled from any wig dealer. On the whole I'm quite impressed with it. While it isn't ready-to-wear, the color and cut are spot-on for the character and all of the additional styling is self-explanatory to anyone with even a little experience with wigs. A trim on the sides, bangs and a bit of wax will make this a perfect Hope wig.

Final Grade: 10

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 08-28-2010 at 07:01 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #2
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Items ordered: 100cm in Green06
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: here

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed through otamap and ran into some major trouble which caused a delay of nearly 1 month. Shipping was within Japan.

This was an order from another coscom member which I acted as a middleman for. The order was placed through Otamap, our usual cosplay shop portal.

It was ordered on it's own without any other items, meaning a 525 yen shipping charge was incurred :/ The final cost was 5,725 yen.

After 4 weeks with no word about the order, I emailed Otamap in Japanese to find out what was going down. They, naturally, blamed Classe... but somehow managed to have the wig ~right there~ to pop in the mail only seconds later. To me this reads: Otamap screwed up and forgot about the order until I reminded them ^^;;;

Oh well, they were apologetic enough and the wig was in my hands less than 24 hours after I asked them where the heck it was.

It arrived packed in a neato gift-looking box, wrapped in a wig net and stuffed with a good amount of firmly-packed tissue paper with Classe tags attatched. It also came with a free black wig cap, an extra hairnet and a heavy-duty plastic storage bag. Unlike the shorter style wigs I've gotten from Classe, this wig did not come with a plastic storage/carrying case.

Pros: The wig is well-packed, relatively untangled and exactly the color it was represented as on the website.

Cons: It took far too long (though likely otamap's fault, not Classe's) and doesn't have a super-convenient carrying case :/ Ah well.

Final Comments: This is my fourth Classe wig and the first I've ordered for another coscom customer. As it isn't for me, I can't really get it out and play with it, but it looks pretty consistant in quality with the other wigs I've gotten from them.

Final Grade: 9 for the wig/packaging (case > box), 5 for the service (though I suppose that 5 ought to go to Otamap)

Last edited by kiratsukai : 11-03-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Unread 11-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Items purchased: Hiroto character wig (used)
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: (styled) here

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I walked into the store and bought it

I bought this wig used through Mandarake in Shibuya (Tokyo) just after Tokyo Game Show. It was barely used, still in its original case and came with a black wig net.

It was a total steal paired with an Inazuma Eleven training uniform for 5,800 yen.

Pros: I got it and a costume for slightly over the price of the wig. There isn't much to complain about in that. For a used wig, it held up remarkably well. In fact, I'm skeptical as to if the original owner ever even bothered to cut or style it before wearing it. It was that pristine.

The color is pretty darned close to the character's and oddly enough, the wig looks really natural on with no gapping or strange lines around the ears or neck. I had a few people ask me if it was my real hair. It photographs great with the white and blue in the Inazuma Japan uniforms, too. The choice of black for the wig-cap actually gives a little bit of a dark gradient effect at the roots when styled in certain ways.

Cons: The ultra-bright color is SUPREMELY unflattering to just about all human beings. It took a lot of makeup to make this even remotely work for me and even then I look a bit pale, haggard and melty unless the light is very good.

It's a wee bit thin in the back, though it seems to be intentional and gives the back some natural lift. Just be careful trimming it any shorter than it already is since it will probably show the netting.

Final Comments: I dig classe. They have very reasonable and versatile mid-range wigs and the best color choices out there.

Final Grade: 10. I couldn't really ask more in a used wig. It isn't it's fault that it looks crap on me :P

Last edited by kiratsukai : 11-05-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Unread 03-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
plumvs
manjushaka.com

Since I have a few Classe wigs, I thought I'd add some photos and my viewpoints on them:

I used my credit card and forwarding service to order from their website. Shipping within Japan was free and very fast. My forwarding address got the package literally the next day.

I love how the fiber quality is very high. You get what you paid for~ The heat-resistant fiber is same as Cyperous (I do own a Cyperous wig). Compared to other wigs I own, Classe's fiber is more strong and silky, and it holds curls very well even after brushing. One big advantage of this fiber over other types is that it has virtually no shine under flash! (other types of fiber fails in comparison *nodnod*) Even under artificial light which makes most fiber looks like plastic, Classe's fiber looks like real hair. Fiber volume is very high which makes their wigs quiet heavy.

Cosmode review says that Classe's base cap is large compared to other Japanese brands, and I have no problem putting it on. However, it's not as elastic as some of my other crappy wigs. It's more...rigid. One sign of the high base cap quality is the added reinforcement net on the side, which keeps your own hair from appearing like odd bumps under the wig. Cheap wigs usually don't have this feature.

On to the pictures:

Classe's Packaging

Details of wig cap

80cm curly hair in BK02: me wearing it front and back view

45cm straight hair and 110cm jaw clip in YB05: styled as Nanoha and me wearing it

character wig for Lelouch: how it looks like under natural light
- Zhang Chunhua (Dynasty Warriors 8)
- Soujirou (Log Horizon)

Last edited by plumvs : 05-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.
plumvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I don't suppose there's anyway I could get one of these wigs in America, can I? I reeeeaaally like their Sailor Moon wigs!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
I don't suppose there's anyway I could get one of these wigs in America, can I? I reeeeaaally like their Sailor Moon wigs!
You'd need to go through a buyer for Classe.

Unread 03-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
You'd need to go through a buyer for Classe.
Which would be.....?
------------------
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Which would be.....?
She means a Shopping Service, someone who is able to order from the shop (ie, they're in Japan) who will act as a middleman and buy the items for you and then mail them to you, usually for a service fee in addition to the shipping and item costs.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Oh. Does anyone know the name of one of these places?
------------------
Unread 03-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Oh. Does anyone know the name of one of these places?
I believe kiratsukai herself provides a shopping service

Others I know of are Japonica and Celga though I am not 100% certain whether either of them specifically can buy from Classe, but you can send them an email to ask.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
usuyukisou

I added 2 reviews for this brand in the Commissioner Review Thread.

One from the Classe site itself:
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...postcount=2394

One from the authorised dealer Lovepop-Studio:
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...postcount=2395

I went through a shopping service (Celga... ouch, my wallet hurts) and so I can only comment on the wigs' quality and how fast it took the wigs to go from the merchants to Celga's warehouse.

In short, I really like Classe. The Pro line is well-mixed and they turned out great character wigs before the cease-and-desist order. I've been stalking their authorised dealers for leftover stock of the character wigs XD
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #12
usuyukisou

Just thought I'd point out: Classe just entered the 3rd week of a 9-week sale promotion.

Every week on Wednesday at 3 PM JST, the week restarts. Every week, several colours each from the Pro and SARA lines are put on sale (20% off for wigs, 10% off for vances/extensions/etc). Sale items don't accumulate points (but then, the SARA line doesn't yield points anyway).

Even if you don't live in Japan (and thus don't get points, since it's extra work for services to keep track of customers' points), watching this and other shops' sales is a pretty decent way to reduce the burden of shopping service fees and pricey shipping. Every little bit helps.

The week that just began 40 minutes ago is promoting Pro line's Redbrown, Orange, and Red, and SARA line's Brown, Greybrown, and Yellowbrown.