Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #61
belligerent
Viking Metal

Yeah, it was a joke (even though I am healthy and sexy); the difference in titles just made me raise an eyebrow with regards to what women supposedly want in a workout vs. what men supposedly want in a workout. Women don't want to be more muscular and men don't want to be sexy? I'm sure a few do... From the list up there, it seems that the men's book emphasizes strength or practical application of fitness (such as sports) while the women's book is more about looking good in or out of clothes.

I'm sure the books are more or less the same, when you get down to it, it's just interesting to me how different the marketing is.

And if the pictures in the men's book are of buff guys, I am definitely wanting that one.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #62
CardinalWinter

I used to be way underweight, I weighed 104 at Five foot four. I kept trying to gain weight but never could. Then, I gained four pounds due to just growing up in general. Then, I grew an inch taller and also went on a medication that made me gain thirteen pounds in a few months. I went on a diet to tone myself a little bit more, but now I'm glad I'm not so skinny anymore.
CardinalWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #63
myisk

I'm 5'7 and 108lbs but never really thought of myself as underweight. I eat depending on my appetite at any given moment, which can be a lot (went to a buffet a few weeks back and ate approx. 8-10 plates of food, then got hungry an hour later and ate half a cheesecake) or not that much (instant noodles for lunch). With meals I'm more likely to eat a bit, go do something else, then come back and finish it rather than eat it all in one sitting. I'm too lazy to exercise and build muscle, which is probably the reason for my weight. >.<

Do I have any cause for concern about my weight?
myisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #64
facade
wat

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by myisk View Post
I'm 5'7 and 108lbs but never really thought of myself as underweight. I eat depending on my appetite at any given moment, which can be a lot (went to a buffet a few weeks back and ate approx. 8-10 plates of food, then got hungry an hour later and ate half a cheesecake) or not that much (instant noodles for lunch). With meals I'm more likely to eat a bit, go do something else, then come back and finish it rather than eat it all in one sitting. I'm too lazy to exercise and build muscle, which is probably the reason for my weight. >.<

Do I have any cause for concern about my weight?
Yeah, that puts your bmi at 16.9 which is well below healthy. The reason being most likely is your eating habit of not finishing a full meal at once. You don't get nearly as many calories that way. Since your underweight you should be eating until you are full, not until you're bored of eating.
facade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #65
Kelley
Devil of Details

I'm 5'7" and 102lbs.

Talk to your doctor. Mine isn't worried about me and I don't really care. I feel fine and can do everything I want to fine and don't feel easily fatigued or anything.

If you're not having problems - there might not be any problems.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 02:20 AM   #66
Figle
Hentai Cupcake

not sure if anyone has suggested it by have you tried weight gainer supplement like true mass? http://www.supplements101.com/BSN_Tr...sntruemass.htm, is good quality gainer and helps put on healthy weight
Unread 06-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #67
jasiones

enjoy it while it lasts. I was the same way in high school, when I graduated i was 5'6'' 115. as I got older my metabolism slowed a lot and im usually hovering around 165 (the most i ever was, was 185!).

you are genetically predisposed to have a very fast metabolism..others arent so lucky
jasiones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #68
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

I was like that in high school too. But I also had trouble actually eating. Then I got pregnant and had even more trouble eating. But then after I had my son, I could eat and I did. Now I'm like... Upwards of 180 pounds. But I'm fine with it. I look fine. I feel fine. I mean, I could stand to lose some but, I just don't want to be miserable doing it.

I wish I had partially the OP's problem. Not so much that I was 95 pounds, but I'd like to be a nice 120 or so. I just don't want to put work into it. xD

Eat more Southern cooking. And I mean real southern cooking. Butter and fatback in stuff. Biscuits. More carbs than you can possibly think of. Come live with me for a couple of months to a year. You'll gain weight. (:

Yay 400th post!

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!

Last edited by hollowchrist : 06-17-2011 at 08:40 PM.
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #69
Danteisagenius
Opportunity Calls

Obviously I didn't read everyone's postings (that would take way too long) so sorry if I repeat a thing or two. I'm underweight and am seeing a nutritionist; she is really helpful. When it comes time to eat, I have a natural tendency to "wait just one second longer" and distract myself with pointless tasks...I also love to exercise and drink an overabundance of water. While I am by no means am an expert at anything, I do have some experience with the subject. For those of you struggling to gain weight, maybe observe your habits and see if they could be to blame for your inability to pack on the pounds. Also, like I said earlier, seeing a nutritionist could prove useful. Annnd, as a last resort, an army recruiter suggested the peanut butter-banana diet to me when I told him that I was underweight, that sounds like a sinfully yummy way to do it to me. But who knows, I wish all you strugglers luck though!

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects:
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-The Kid Genderbend (???) (Eyeshield 21)
2015 Projects:
- Vergil Genderbend (DMC3)

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
My Webpages:

Facebook
World Cosplay
CosCure
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote