Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 08-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Avisu
KittiofDOOM

Lightbulb Steampunk Archaeologist

For my steampunk outfit it's based on an archaeologist. I have a few ideas floating about and a few designs sketched out which i iwll upload sooner or later, I just wanted to hear what other people would do for designs and accessories. I was thinking steampunking a childs archaeologist set to have in a bag or something?

Any ideas would be much appriciated.
Avisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
FeyMeggan

Accessories: This is an excuse for the MOST awesome collection of tiny brushes imaginable. Maybe on a rotary base so you can have an all-in-one brush. Magnifying lenses, either on goggles or glasses or something, would also be appropriate. If your'e feeling really ambitious a set of screens with gears to 'shake' them between would be a nice touch. Tiny chisels or even a tiny gear powered 'jackhammer' type item...now I want to make my friend who is an archeologist do something like this LOL

Outfit: There's a million things I could suggest, but it really would depend on how masculine or feminine you'd want this archeologist to be.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Avisu
KittiofDOOM

Ooh I'm so gonna make that brush collection hehe. I was planning to have magnifying lenses on glasses. I can bug my dad with help about electrics and making moving parts as well so i could make mini working tools.

In regards to outfit, Clara (character's name) Is rather tom boyish at the best of times. My original design was something like a off white ruffleshirt, light brown waistcoat with a tail coat back, knee high flat boots and brown trousers, fingerless gloves, but left hand has a i think the word is bracer made out of leather where her, well it's not really a weapon as such but can be used as one. A spool of wire that goes down the length of the bracer which can be pulled out. I've been changing the design every few months now haha.
Avisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Ironhill

My first thought on seeing this thread was of the scene from the Mummy where the sachel of tools are unrolled. Maybe a bandoleer or belt with a collection of brushes, shovels, tools. Also, a hand held steam powered chisel gun of some sort.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
Aleiki
Science Lawyer

Notepad? Some sort of backpack?

One of the really cool things with this outfit is that you can have anything historical as a prop. You could have just gone on a dig and come back with something awesome--who knows? Anything from a dinosaur bone to ancient ceramics or jewelry... anything goes. And then you could make it steampunk to fit in with the outfit or not to be a bit more historical.

Also a hat! Don't forget a hat. Wouldn't want the sun to get to you.
Aleiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #6
Mystery221
Unknown species

I know this is very late but a trowel is essential for all archaeologists. We wouldn't be caught dead without ours.
Mystery221 is offline   Reply With Quote