Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Unread 09-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Letiigera

Exclamation Having issues.. need some major help.

I need to help contructing a few pieces of armor for my costume this year for blizzcon. I'm having some major difficulties making a breast piece for my character. I was trying to figure out a way I could make the piece out of the same material i made the shoulder pieces out of, but I've spoken to several other people about it and I believe it would be extremely hard to make it out of carved foam and paper clay. I've read a few forums of people using wonderflex, but to be honest.. I would LOVE to use it but it's extremely out of my budget (poor college girl). I have a very SMALL picture of the breast piece I would like to have made and would look some suggestions and some possible solutions, I will take whatever I can get! I'm just running out of time!! If you post a comment about what I could possibly do, Please as well post the price you think it would be to make that particular piece (ballpark). Thank you for reading and possibly helping a great deal. (I have attached the picture=])
Attached Images
File Type: jpg breast.jpg (6.1 KB, 0 views)
Letiigera is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
nyokun
Difficult? I'll do it!

The cheapest solution is to butcher a bra, then cover with the material of your choice (I assume that you have some of that material all ready, as it would have been on other parts of the matching armor)

You will likely have to have clear straps on it, or use double-sided tape to keep it up, but it could work.

Might cost you about $15-20 for a cheap bra, if you don't decide to butcher one that you all ready have.

If its Good and Cheap, it wont be Fast
If its Fast and Cheap, it wont be Good
If its Fast and Good it wont be Cheap
nyokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Etrina
Banshee Queen

you could easily make it out of foamies and paperclay - i dont see why you would have any issue doing that. and purchase clear bra straps to attach to it - they sell all the items you would need at a local fabric shop/joann fabric.

Foamies (the bendy foam board stuff) is cheap, usually less than $1 per sheet and can be molded with heat (hair dryer). It also comes in a million different colors - so you can even pick the same color as the breastplate in case any of it shows through.
looks like this if youre not sure what i'm talking about
http://www.createforless.com/Darice+...utm_medium=cse

and there's a fabulous tutorial for the stuff here:
http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/cos...helmsdeep.html

The other thing about doing this is if your shoulders are already covered in paper clay - it will be more uniform than having a fabric "breastplate"

Upcoming Events:
Blizzcon 2010

Upcoming Cosplays
Codex of The Guild - 40% || Lady Sylvanas Windrunner - 8% (patterning) || Vanille FFXIII

Dreamscape my blog
Follow me on Twitter!
Etrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Etrina
Banshee Queen

this tutorial is even better
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_intro.html

Upcoming Events:
Blizzcon 2010

Upcoming Cosplays
Codex of The Guild - 40% || Lady Sylvanas Windrunner - 8% (patterning) || Vanille FFXIII

Dreamscape my blog
Follow me on Twitter!
Etrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
catfetus

From experience I have had with an open chest costume, it kind of depends on how nice your boobs are naturally and how you want them to look in the costume.

If they are already nice like you want them without any extra support then you could use body tape to stick on the cups made of Foamies (aka craft foam).
If you want extra boob support then you should try to make a bra with clear straps, you could use/destroy a pre-made bra or make the cups yourself.
As people have mentioned, craft foam and paperclay (for the details) sound pretty good to make it out of. I've never worked with paperclay before so I'm not sure how strong or brittle it is.

Good luck! I hope to see you at Blizzcon <3
catfetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #6
LalaFTL
Red

Femarthas! Prepare For A Duel At Blizzcon!

Past:
Blizzcon 2009 -- Blood elf in Lovely Black Dress (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2010 -- Illidan Stormrage, post-op (WoW)
Blizzcon 2011 - Day 2 -- Female barbarian, medium armor/concept art (Diablo III)
Phoenix Comic Con 2012-2013 -- Eldon Ax (Star Wars: Fatal Alliance)
Present:
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 1 -- Elitist Nostalgia Brigade (World of Warcraft)
Blizzcon 2013 - Day 2 -- Darkmoon Rabbit (World of Warcraft)
LalaFTL is offline   Reply With Quote