Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
o01101011
Just call me Digit

Epic Cosplay...wigs in use?

Does anyone have examples of their wigs being worn?

The epic cosplay gallery is a little "meh" hit or miss because they have all their convention pictures there, not just ones of their wigs.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

If you do a search in this topic there are a few cos.com reviews.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=204516

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
caisse
the sugoi princess

Though Ani_BEE mentioned the thread above, I'll just give you my own personal review anyway. :]

I have bought two wigs from EpicCosplay - this wig for my Kallen Kouzuki cosplay and this wig + some extensions from a friend as the base for my Princess Tutu cosplay.

Kallen wig:
- The color is a rich and absolutely BEAUTIFUL red!
- All of EpicCosplay's wigs are heat-resistant, so while I still used relatively low heat, I was able to straighten the front bangs and eliminate the little "flip" it came with.
- It is soft, thick and very very nice quality.

PTutu wig:
- It took to my hand sharpie-dyeing very well! It began pink and became a lovely red-orange.
- This wig was also very thick and great quality.
- Even after sharpie-dyeing the wig it was still soft to the touch and wonderful.

Both wigs came in under 5 days and both cost me only 30 dollars. I highly, HIGHLY recommend EpicCosplay! Right now it is the FIRST (and usually only) go-to wig company for me and my friends.

katsucon 2012
friday;; feferi peixes [homestuck] | ramona flowers [scott pilgrim]
saturday;; stocking anarchy [pswg] | catherine [catherine]
sunday meenah peixes [homestuck]

caisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
HeartHetalia
Handmade Cosplay

I got three wigs from them for Russia, Bankotsu, and Jakotsu cosplays.

Russia: 12" Natural Blonde Straight Short Cosplay Wig
http://demyxigbar.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2xfp1b
+ VERY good quality. Thick, nice color, and soooo soft!
+ No given part so you can style it in a ton of different ways!
- It took a while to ship to me. All three of them did (ordered at same time). Not a huge deal but when I had a deadline, it mattered.

Bankotsu: 40" Black Straight Long Cosplay Wig
http://demyxigbar.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2x1e6i
+ Once again, soft and thick, styles really easily. That braid took all of five minutes.
- It tangles easily and has a few shorter hairs that like to poke out of the braid. Easily fixed with hairspray though ^^

Jakotsu: 18" Black Long Cosplay Wig
No picture, sorry.
+ Styles insanely easy again. I needed a high bun in it and also wanted this wig to be reusable. So all I had to do was hold it upside down, do the bun and strategically place a few hairs. The net doesn't show and it looks very natural when put on.
- The adjustable straps love to come undone. I can't tell a lot once it's on but I'll take it off and see that they unhooked themselves. Sneaky little devils. xD

Finished:
Russia (Hetalia: Axis Powers)
Alucard (Hellsing)

Future:
Something Final Fantasy
Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
Kuronue (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Last edited by HeartHetalia : 09-02-2010 at 10:11 PM.
HeartHetalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
songbirdblues
let's sing to the sky

Here's my review of them at the Commissioner Review thread: LINK.

I would definitely say it's my go-to wig company too. My first experience with them went by great v
songbirdblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
o01101011
Just call me Digit

Thanks guys.
I ordered my wig yesterday and I am hoping that I have it in time for my con in 2 weeks. Apparently EpicCosplay is doing a move of some sort, and as such is having cosworx ship their orders (or at least the style/wig i bought, and likely others). Cosworx of course hasn't been the most..reliable..time wise lately, so I'm a bit concerned.
Unread 09-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by o01101011 View Post
Thanks guys.
I ordered my wig yesterday and I am hoping that I have it in time for my con in 2 weeks. Apparently EpicCosplay is doing a move of some sort, and as such is having cosworx ship their orders (or at least the style/wig i bought, and likely others). Cosworx of course hasn't been the most..reliable..time wise lately, so I'm a bit concerned.
The vast majority of our recent shipping issues have been from Japan wigs taking longer than expected and Japan wigs going out of stock between the time we receive the stock list and the time we place the order, a matter of a few days sometimes.

Epic Cosplay wigs are now housed at our location and ship out immediately, like the old CosWorx line used to do. We'll have a larger announcement up by Tuesday evening about the full changeover and partnership, but your order will definitely go out this weekend as we're getting all of their orders out in the morning (the full shipment came in today). In all cases where something is already sitting in our warehouse (i.e. all CosWorx and Epic Cosplay wigs) the order always ships out within one business day. We're building things back in that direction now.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
o01101011
Just call me Digit

I'm glad to hear cosworx is working to regain its quick shipping times. That is certainly one of the main reasons I always ordered from you guys.
Unread 09-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #9
kiratsukai
culture shocked

I actually really like the look of these and their price is better than anything we've got going for us domestically in Japan ~ does anyone know their original supplier/factory name? They're unavailable under the "Epic Cosplay" label in Japan, but if the origin is Chinese or Korean wholesale factories like most other wigs, they may be available directly or through another storefront, yahoo auctions or rakuten.

Any info?

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #10
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Epic Cosplay wigs are only manufactured specifically for Epic Cosplay and are not available under any other brand name elsewhere.

Starting next week the wigs are being re-branded as the official Cosplay.com wig line. We will be posting more information Tuesday, but it's an absolutely huge development which has been in the works for a while now. By December, we should have around 3-4 times the inventory we ever had with the CosWorx line, and we are working with Epic to add more styles right away, expand the number of colors (might hit close to 45 colors on some wigs) and even bring back a few styles like the Scruffy.

Cosplay.com is housing all of the inventory and orders placed by 10am on Cosplay.com Shopping will typically ship out that very same day. We should have them ready for purchase on our site by Wednesday, until then Epic is still taking sales and we are just shipping them out in the interim. Everything arrived today, and Epic will be with us Saturday getting their current orders caught up from the 2-day period the wigs were in transit.
Unread 09-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #11
kiratsukai
culture shocked

This begs a second question: will we ever get shipping to Japan?

Unread 09-04-2010, 01:20 AM   #12
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Yes, but we cannot currently ship the Japan wig lines back to Japan, so our current setup presents a problem without adding a location-based filter to the store first. We'll have that running soon.

We can ship to Japan with a manual order if it's from the Epic and CosWorx lines, drop me a PM next week once they're added and I can get that set up for you.
Unread 09-04-2010, 01:30 AM   #13
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
We can ship to Japan with a manual order if it's from the Epic and CosWorx lines, drop me a PM next week once they're added and I can get that set up for you.
Awesome! Thanks. Would love to try one.

Unread 09-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #14
themegchan

I'll just say that I've ordered two wigs from the internet. One was a $45 wig from CosWorx and the other a $35 wig from EpicCosplay.

The wig I ordered from CosWorx was a bright yellow (probably my fault in the ordering process, but it seemed duller on screen), overpriced, did not style very well nor did it feel or look like a good quality wig (maybe it was also the fact that it was bright friggin yellow).

The next wig I ordered was a honey blonde wig from EpicCosplay. I fell in love with it as soon as I pulled it out. It was perfect for several of my cosplays (and could easily replace that bright yellow wig), it felt very soft and it styled easily. They are easy to clean as well, so for the price, they are well worth it and I recommend them to everybody. Especially since everybody commented how they thought that was my real hair color. :P

Here's my EpicCosplay Honey Blonde wig in full use for my Astrid costume: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/300884/
themegchan is offline   Reply With Quote