Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Demmly-Pop

Ciel Phantomhive's cane

So. Ciel Phantomhive. He has many canes. I'm familiar with the beak (It's not really a beak...but that's what it looks like to me. CB) and I'm familiar with the skull, but I heard somewhere that there's also a chess piece cane.

I really want to make that one, but I don't know if it exists ( Because with my lame memory I can barely remember most of the first season. xD;; ) So, anyway, my question is: Does Ciel have a chess piece cane? (It's just a cane with a chess piece on top of it, I suppose) and could you possibly direct me to a picture of it if it does exist?
Demmly-Pop is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Reisana-chan

I'm not sure if he has a chess piece cane.. But that would be freaking awesome! *L*. Even if there isn't a chess peice cane I say you make it anyway... >.>;

Upcoming Cons.
Anime Boston '11

2011 Cosplays

Stocking: Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Reisana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Demmly-Pop

That's what I was thinking of doing. xD But I'm not sure if I'm going to make is the Queen or a Pawn. xD;;
Demmly-Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
October Spencer

Speakikng of Ciel's cane, I was thinking about making the skull one. Does anyone know of a good material to make the skull out of? I was thinking clay...

Working on:
Nezumi - No. 6
Arrietty - The Secret Life of Arrietty
October Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
Akikay
shsl gay baby

I know a little off topic, but to October Spencer, you should be able to just purchase one at a crafts store. Halloween is nearing, it shouldn't be hard to find one the right size to add onto a dowel or some other type of rod/stick/thing.
Akikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
October Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikay View Post
I know a little off topic, but to October Spencer, you should be able to just purchase one at a crafts store. Halloween is nearing, it shouldn't be hard to find one the right size to add onto a dowel or some other type of rod/stick/thing.
I never thougt about that. Thank you!

Working on:
Nezumi - No. 6
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
Rikuzue
Dwrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by October Spencer View Post
Speakikng of Ciel's cane, I was thinking about making the skull one. Does anyone know of a good material to make the skull out of? I was thinking clay...

I personally love making things out of clay and it's quite easy. For a skull I believe the best thing would be to get a small foam ball to act as the core of the head to keep the weight down and build the skull around it with an air dry clay. [I love the results and feel of Paperclay] To get the skull smooth you'll have to sand it, so make sure you get a sand-able clay], fill the indents/crack, sand again and repeat until your satisfied. You can then paint it [wipe off the clay with a damp cloth to remove the residue] and seal it.

A wooden dowel should work fine for the base of cane.

A halloween cane may be another option, but I personally find that often enough they look 'cheesy'....and your always more proud when its your own workmanship ^_^

To the original poster: I believe the chess piece cane may be fan art and not official. I only ever recall seeing his gold headed [I have no idea what to call it ><] in the manga, the Skull in the anime, and the cane that Finni broke which I believe had a diamond as the handel[?].
Rikuzue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #8
October Spencer

Thank you so much, Rikuzue! That's a really big help!

Working on:
Nezumi - No. 6
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
ChibiTeapot
Certified Cat Lady

Ooh! Ooh! I know! It is actually canon. You can find it in the opening near the end of season 1. (When it changes) It's a giant gold king piece.
ChibiTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote