Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
themegchan

I have a pudge! ><

I don't consider myself overweight, in fact, my weight lies right at 117ish, and I stand right at 5 feet high (I'm short), however, I'm fairly well-endowed which has always been kind of an issue finding clothes that fit.

Since I started college over the last few years, I've gained what I call "a pudge" in my stomach, and I can't seem to ever get rid of it. I go to the gym on a not so regular basis, I swim and do the bike-riding machines, and I use to partake in a kick-boxing class. But no matter how healthy I try to eat or exercise, this pudge never seems to go away!

So I guess my question to you all is what should I do to help lose that...and while I'm talking about it, I've also heard that when you lose weight sometimes the weight of your breasts can go down too...is that entirely true?
themegchan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
UniversalChaos
The Ed Elric of Cosplay

Do you drink sodas? If you do, stop. It will help big time to get rid of your stomach. Also, make sure your drinking plenty of water.
Yes, your chest size can go down if you lose weight.
Alice in Wonderland- Halloween
Tonks- HP DH part 1
Dumbledore- HP DH part 2
UniversalChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
themegchan

Sodas are kind of my addiction, and I've been trying to cut down...but when you were spoon fed coke as an infant child, it's hard to stop.

...That's coke as in...Coca-Cola. >>
themegchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by themegchan View Post
Sodas are kind of my addiction, and I've been trying to cut down...but when you were spoon fed coke as an infant child, it's hard to stop.

...That's coke as in...Coca-Cola. >>
Try sparkling mineral water with soda flavoring additives, lower in calories and still tastes great, you can get super concentrated drops from health food stores with most flavors like root beer. You can also make your own soda's with just club soda and lemon with some type of sweetner. Then there's the good old Fresca which has artificial sweetners but NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP with 0 calories.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 03:56 AM   #5
Jemmeh
Freak in a Jar

I was really bad with soda before...like...geeze, I think I used to drink maybe a glass of water a year. The rest was soda.

If you're that bad off (like I was) just take baby steps so you can stick with it.

So I swapped from thinks like coca cola to mountain dew, to sprite, going down on the flavor basically til I was just drinking sprite and 7 up. Moved from there to the carbonated flavored water at walmart, slowly working water into my drink diet. I ended up my last with 1 bottle for that week of strawberry carbonated water, finished that off--and at that point I didn't care for soda so much.

A few years later I can't even drink soda anymore, the carbonation burns my throat :P

But once you're drinking a lot of water instead of soda,you don't want sugary things as much because soda usually kinda took over the flavor of your meal...and that helps your diet overall because you crave sweets less.

Upcoming Conventions:
Momocon 2013 <3 -- No cosplay planned yet! o;
Jemmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
PhDPepper
\(ŐωŐ)/

Its not a pudge while your sitting is it? I get a little pudge when i sit down and it goes away when i stand up, lol.
PhDPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I have a pudge and I DON'T drink soda at all. It's mostly when I'm sitting, although if I wear my pants at a certain height it seems to push the pudge up and over the waistband. I'm 5'10" and ~140 lbs. Would doing more cardio help, or no?
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I have a pudge and I DON'T drink soda at all. It's mostly when I'm sitting, although if I wear my pants at a certain height it seems to push the pudge up and over the waistband. I'm 5'10" and ~140 lbs. Would doing more cardio help, or no?
you seem like your pretty slender you can do more cardio but if your already doing some probably carb cycling will work best. Just try to limit when you eat carbs, carb up before and after a workout, and after you wake up, try not to eat as much carbs within 4 hours of going to bed and you should lose some extra weight. Also taking fiber supplements helps a lot, if not try some oatmeal etc which helps regulate your insulin spikes which results in fat retention.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

You can try dropping your salt intake lower for a couple days. If the "pudge" goes away then it was probably just some water retention.

You can also try upping your water intake to where it should be (gallon+/day). Otherwise ditching the soda (even diet) and exercising more sounds like what you probably need.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
CptHammer
Timelord Victorious

I know how you ladies with pudge feel! I've had a stomach ever since I was little, which is cute when your 5, but not when you're 21 (5'6 133lbs, which is average-ish, just a flatter stomach would be lovely). And for years and years I've been trying to lessen it. Not a huge pop drinker, mostly water and tea, I do looove carbs though. For cardio I run and sometimes bike, but my work is giving everyone free gym passes and since I'm a gym newbie, any suggestion on what to focus on to lessen my tummy?

And I know this is just a temporary problem solver, but for most of my cosplays I swear by my Spanx, especially when people are photographing you at Cons and such, they work wonders, definitely worth the $60. Great for hiding pudge!
CptHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #11
AleriaCarventus
Your mother's table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themegchan View Post
So I guess my question to you all is what should I do to help lose that...and while I'm talking about it, I've also heard that when you lose weight sometimes the weight of your breasts can go down too...is that entirely true?
It can be.. and it can also not be. I had a lifestyle change, lost 3-4 inches off my waist, and gained a cup size in my chest T_T. I don't think I really lost any weight, but I don't weigh so I can't be certain. But I can tell that some of my skirts are loose and blouses too tight >.<. My boobs did not need any more help, thank you very much, body.
VCon - Daenerys Targaryen (GoT)

GottaCon - Jhoira of the Ghitu (M:tG)
TsukinoCon - Makise Kurisu (Stein's Gate)
AleriaCarventus is offline   Reply With Quote