Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Spam Board > Archive

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-01-2003, 06:11 PM   #1
Zexmaix

Post Vegeta Costume Commision

Hello everyone, I am new to the cosplay scene, but I am interested in commisioning someone to make me a Vegeta costume. I am looking for a costume within the price range of $75-125. I am going for the old Vegeta look with saiyan armor and non-super saiyan hair. Much like the first half of the Freiza saga. Here is a link for what I am trying to get at:

http://www.dbzgtlegacy.com/cguide/vegeta.shtml

The one I am looking for is the second picture. With no crotch flaps on the armor, but yet it still has the shoulder pads.

I've toyed with the idea of buying some football pads off of ebay and simply painting them white with the yellow midsection, but I am unsure of how well that will work. I can probably get the full spandex/lycra suit myself also. I'd be going full navy blue or blue of course.

My main concern is the gloves, boots, and hair. I have no idea of how to make these or who to ask to have a pair or wig created. So that is why I am posting this thread. I am seeking individuals who would be able to create high quality and accurate replicas of the gloves and boots worn. Also the armor if that is possible. For hair I don't care whether it is foam or a modified/sewn wig. But it has to be black and it has to at least look decent upon wearing.

If you think you can do what I'm looking for, please email me at mcgohansj1@mchsi.com And as for time dead lines, I would need the gloves/boots/armor/wig in 4 weeks from now. Thanks everyone and I hope someone here can help.

Unread 10-01-2003, 09:50 PM   #2
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

*cough* ahem. Not likely. For that price range? Saiyan armor, even a cheap crappy knockoff version, is not easy to do. I'm going to be involved with a project this winter to do all styles of saiyan armor in cast foam latex, but that's going to run you triple or quadruple the price you're quoting.

I had a link to a place you could by white gauntlets but I lost it before I even had a chance to purchase mine. Drat!

But, with Halloween coming up, and a price range that low, you're going to have a very very difficult time getting any cosplay commission-taker to jump for it. I'm a bigtime DBZ fan and cosplayer and do take commissions, but I'll be up-front honest - there is no way in hell I would take this commission. The bodysuit alone would probably run $75, not including boots, gloves, or armor.

Good luck trying to find someone to do it by Halloween - is that your deadline?

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
Unread 10-02-2003, 07:12 AM   #3
Zexmaix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp
The bodysuit alone would probably run $75, not including boots, gloves, or armor.
LoL. You do realize you can buy a full body blue lycra suit online for around $30 right? And I don't think boots + gloves will run too much. As for armor, it is entirely possible to make a decent armor piece out of a motocross chest protector. You can pick one of these up on ebay for $20-30. Just paint it white with the yellow midsection. Hair is the only problem, that is just plain tricky to do.

But I can easily squeeze the body suit and armor in for under $75 by picking them up myself. And $75 was minimum, with $125 being the maximum. Hell, wanna talk bang for your buck, I've seen OrangeAngel create awesome Sanosuke costumes with the hakama, haori, headband, shoes, wrist bands, AND prop zanbatou sword.
Unread 10-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #4
katrinastrife

Hrm... I don't know if I could do it in four weeks... But, it would be possible, if you were willing to play with craft foam and plastic...

Unread 10-02-2003, 09:02 AM   #5
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea how to make it yourself - why not give it a shot? Bear in mind that if you hire someone to make it for you, you'll be paying for their time and labor as well as materials, and time and labor usually represents, for me, the vast bulk of what goes into a costume.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Unread 10-02-2003, 09:07 AM   #6
Allia

Go see Ameythest angel. She made one a while back. Try www.amethyst-angel.com/so_cosplay_armor.html