Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Touya no miko
TnM

Celluite! D:

Thanks to my daily swimming exercise and everyday walks, I'm beginning to shed the pounds. And yet when I turn around in the mirror, I see this unflattering lumpiness on the back of my thighs! I don't know if this will just go away over time or with more weight loss, but I really don't wanna wear shorts at the moment.

Any help?

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
kuro-nee
Instant noodles eater

Weightloss can help you shed the weight and the water retention. It will help to firm up your legs too. But for cellulite extra help is required as they are the more difficult fats to get rid off. Get cellulite creams or those heat creams for cellulite. They help to firm up and breakdown the fats especially if you exercise daily.

Long walks and cycling are part of my daily routine at work but I still have my water retention fats and cellulite from my fatter days. Those creams do help but needs the daily exercise.
kuro-nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #3
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touya no miko View Post
Thanks to my daily swimming exercise and everyday walks, I'm beginning to shed the pounds. And yet when I turn around in the mirror, I see this unflattering lumpiness on the back of my thighs! I don't know if this will just go away over time or with more weight loss, but I really don't wanna wear shorts at the moment.

Any help?
cellulite is mostly genetics, although if you tone the areas really tight it can definitely help the visible parts of cellulite, stronger muscles underneath your fat deposits can help smooth out the area overall. it's not something that people can easily fix.

Found few things online that claim to help, but I'd avoid most spa treatments, creams and other things mainly cause I've had friends try it in the past with no luck but with excess bills of thousands of dollars. These things seem like it's a good idea to do for health even if it doesn't help very much. Also I'd probably recommend a good exfoliating shower scrub product like Salux towels for bathing.

* Go on a home detox diet. This means eating lots of fruits and leafy greens. Make them organic when possible.

* Avoid junk food, diet soda, processed food and saturated fats such as butter and animal fats.

* Avoid toxins like excessive alcohol and cigarettes.

* Drink a lot of water to hydrate your body and flush out toxins. Eight to ten glasses a day are recommended.

* Brush your skin daily, preferably before bathing. The best is a Tampico Skin Brush (compare prices) made with natural agave plant fiber. This simple technique stimulates blood and lymph flow, removes dead skin cells and encourages new cell growth. (Skin brushing is also inexpensive. You can get a good quality body brush for $6-$8.

* Maintain your healthiest weight.

* Finish your daily shower with a cold rinse to tone your skin.

* Take Glucosamine supplements (compare prices), which helps your body repair the dermis and connective tissue. (also great for joint support)

* Bathe in a comfortable, warm (not too hot!) seaweed bath to re-mineralize and increase circulation, ideally three times a week.

While regular treatment cannot completely rid the body of cellulite, it can help prevent further deterioration of the tissues and reduce both pain and swelling.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Asmaria
The Ruby Knight Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
* Take Glucosamine supplements (compare prices), which helps your body repair the dermis and connective tissue. (also great for joint support)
Woah, I was researching threads on cellulite because I've noticed how badly I have it too (mostly on my legs, *cry* no distant future Mimiru for me...), and I didn't realize that Glucosamine was good for things other than your joints. I take that because I have really bad knees, and I'm trying to keep up with the water and less soda. I was actually afraid that it was going to make me fatter because for some dumb reason the 'glucos' part of the name made me think 'glucose'.

I'll take note of all the advice here, it's really helpful. Hose are just uncomfortable and always run, so my ultimate goal is to tone up my legs too. I was doing yoga for a while but my gym closed down. Does anyone have any good exercises that you can do at home?
Asmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

One thing that can be helpful to remember is that men and women tend to lose fat from different locations first.

The last place most men tend to lose body fat is from their lower abdominals, lower back and "love handles".

For women the last place tends to be the hips/thigh area, which is often the area that they were concerned about in the first place.

Since all of know that there is no such thing as spot reduction (at least without a scalpel) then you just have to keep on going, sooner or later your body will give up the fight and shed the excess from there.

If you are seeing improvements thats excellent, just keep going, and remember, theres no need to rush. A goal worth striving for is worth doing so right.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #6
KamenRiderAgito
ハチコ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjr3412 View Post
For women the last place tends to be the hips/thigh area
Of course, the last thing I wanted to hear. Oh well, just means I'll have to work harder.