Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
chocobotails
just like a cloud

Deadpool Costume Help

Hey guys, I need some help.

I just got back from a con on Sunday, I cosplayed Deadpool from Marvel comics. Once the con was all done, I realized my costume has frayed in certain areas and ripped slightly at the zipper up my back. This shouldn't have happened for two reasons: The costume was made specifically for me and it was practically brand new.

So anyway, I'm thinking of buying a new one since I hate working with Spandex and rather not make my own and I'm really not liking how frayed mine looks now. I found a few sites with costumes available but I don't know if they seem "safe" or not.

Here they are:

http://www.cosfun.cn/index.php?gOo=g...&goodsid=68947

http://www.milanoo.com/Deadpool-Lycr...me-p15051.html

I'd like to know what you guys think, or if you have a better site I can buy it off of.

Thanks!

Unread 09-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #2
Zombie Hadouken

i ordered a spidey suit from milanoo.com....stay away! what i got was not what was pictured...too many things wrong to list.
your better of making your from a red spandex body suit. the chest pattern on those is wrong as well. deadpools chest pattern goes upwards across the chest, not straight across. and the black circles around eyes look way off.
i wanted to do a deadpool for a while now, and will be doing a wife-made version.
-if you do go milanoo.com, be warned! they keep removing my review of this shoddy work.

heres a pic-
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...tai-3570-3.jpg

Last edited by Zombie Hadouken : 09-07-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: more info...
Zombie Hadouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

In those two links you provided- those are obviously the exact same picture, just photoshopped into different backgrounds (or lack thereof). I would stay away from both.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
chocobotails
just like a cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Hadouken View Post
i ordered a spidey suit from milanoo.com....stay away! what i got was not what was pictured...too many things wrong to list.
your better of making your from a red spandex body suit. the chest pattern on those is wrong as well. deadpools chest pattern goes upwards across the chest, not straight across. and the black circles around eyes look way off.
i wanted to do a deadpool for a while now, and will be doing a wife-made version.
-if you do go milanoo.com, be warned! they keep removing my review of this shoddy work.

heres a pic-
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...tai-3570-3.jpg
Thanks man! Your definately right about that Spidey-suit. Sorry you didn't get what was pictured. I'll be sure to stay away, guess I'll try making my own, I'd rather wear a piece of crap that I made for less than $15 then spend $40 on another piece of crap anyday.

Oh, and as for the Spidey-suit, the best one I've seen is on ebay, but its 700 dollars, I'm saving up some money for it, I'm pretty sure the seller makes them high quality. Don't know if you've ever seen that one before.
Unread 09-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
chocobotails
just like a cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
In those two links you provided- those are obviously the exact same picture, just photoshopped into different backgrounds (or lack thereof). I would stay away from both.
Thanks, I'm honestly just confused on how other Deadpool's at cons get their costumes, I need to remember to ask, because whenever I see them it's almost like they bought their costumes from the same seller, and frankly they always look alot better than mine...
Unread 09-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
sociologies
masked avenger enthusiast

Lady DP here!

I recently lazied it up (well, not too much. Still custom-made and altered about 50-60% of the costume... just personal perfectionistic preference) and bought my Deadpool costume from a Chinese cosplay website, too. My costume, for the most part, after three solid 10 am-3 am days of insanity, has held up. Some wear spots are visible, especially in the hands, and there is a small hole below the zipper, but these are most likely from my rigorous activity over the weekend and less over the fact that the costume's badly made. It's the closest to a good rendition of Deadpool I've seen so far, actually, and got to me custom-made within a week of ordering it.

Link: http://www.cosplaygate.com/goods-158...wholesale.html
Costumes
New: Ms. Marvel (Warbird suit + Tron) | She-Hulk 2.0 | Echo | Semi-Secret Costume | STXI Uhura
Possible: Korra | Storm 2.0 (Alan Davis ref art)
Facebook
Join The Superhero Costuming Forum - for all manners of capes, cowls, and superpowers!
sociologies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
chocobotails
just like a cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sociologies View Post
Lady DP here!

I recently lazied it up (well, not too much. Still custom-made and altered about 50-60% of the costume... just personal perfectionistic preference) and bought my Deadpool costume from a Chinese cosplay website, too. My costume, for the most part, after three solid 10 am-3 am days of insanity, has held up. Some wear spots are visible, especially in the hands, and there is a small hole below the zipper, but these are most likely from my rigorous activity over the weekend and less over the fact that the costume's badly made. It's the closest to a good rendition of Deadpool I've seen so far, actually, and got to me custom-made within a week of ordering it.

Link: http://www.cosplaygate.com/goods-158...wholesale.html
Ah from the link you've given it looks like the one I bought mine off of:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lycra-zentai-spa...em4cf17e d0be

But what I'm wondering is...does your costume resemble the picture at all? Cause when I got mine, it looked different. Of course I know the picture could have been off something else, or maybe it was the first costume the people made, but I just wanted to know if yours happened to actually look like the pic, because mine is alot smaller looking and doesnt even have the black pattern on the back. =[ It also was a choppy job of cutting the black pattern and sewing it on in my point of view.
Unread 03-12-2014, 12:31 AM   #8
chrisraines7

http://instagram.com/p/lON3gXOzdc/

Click on that link and checkout my deadpool costume. I bought my costume from herostime.com.

Best Deadpool costume I've seen. Takes about 1-2 weeks to be delivered but im very happy with it!
chrisraines7 is offline   Reply With Quote