Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
L.Knight

Can Age be a factor for the final push?

Hi, this is my 2nd thread and well i want to get in really good shape and get toned i started of chubby 2 years ago and i'm 17 soon to be 18 right now i'm slenderish now but for a few weeks i've upped my game and can see an outline of a start to "six pack" (can see the first top 2 muscles and kinda the 2nd 2.)

What i want to know is can i get that toned look, at this age (I hear its easier when you go past 21 for some reasons) without lifting weights currently i do 200 press ups a day and 500 sit ups along with 4hrs of badminton and i have started bench dips. Do i need to do more atheltic sports like more badminton or tennis or jogging; or should i do more lifting my body weight etc (i also do jogging but just started back in 6th form so leaving it a week)

all helpful advice would be much appreciated
L.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Knight View Post
Hi, this is my 2nd thread and well i want to get in really good shape and get toned i started of chubby 2 years ago and i'm 17 soon to be 18 right now i'm slenderish now but for a few weeks i've upped my game and can see an outline of a start to "six pack" (can see the first top 2 muscles and kinda the 2nd 2.)

What i want to know is can i get that toned look, at this age (I hear its easier when you go past 21 for some reasons) without lifting weights currently i do 200 press ups a day and 500 sit ups along with 4hrs of badminton and i have started bench dips. Do i need to do more atheltic sports like more badminton or tennis or jogging; or should i do more lifting my body weight etc (i also do jogging but just started back in 6th form so leaving it a week)

all helpful advice would be much appreciated
do you do this daily? If so that is most of your problem right there. you are doing too many reps and not enough rest between time. 3 times a week is all you need for an ab routine because you need rest. 4 hours of badminton more then covers cardio if you are running around like i think you are. most importantly it could be due to diet as well. just look over my nutrition advice. also for more structure check my knuckleheaded ninja workout. it can easily get a six pack for most guys if they follow nutrition with it.

Dont be afraid of weights. they only make you stronger and do exercises you otherwise would be unable to do.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

If you are sheerly searching for a six pack, not trying to get bigger overall, stronger etc. It mainly comes down to diet. Sit-ups don't get you a six pack. Eating the right things in the right amount at the right time get you a six pack (and genetics).

You are at the PERFECT age to transform your body. Over the next 2 - 3 years your body will be pumping you up with more testosterone than at any point previously or in the future.

The "fastest" way you'll hit that goal will be to do some basic lifting and look up some of the info. Distant has some great beginners faqs and info that will get you where you are going.

The push ups and situps are nice to show off that you can do that many, but those alone will not, I repeat, not, get you into better shape. Checkout his threads, and if you have more specific questions, feel free to ask. There are some great resources here.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
distantarray

personally I'd recommend cutting down the sit ups to 200 at most, and start doing 200 hyper extensions. If you only work out your abs your going to curl up like a shrimp (exaggerated) don't over build one area and neglect the other, many friends at the gym had many injuries cause of this, especially gym idiots who do nothing but chest 3 times a week. They have consistant back pains now.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
L.Knight

thanks for the advice right now i haven't done any exercise for 2 days and its a good thing to because i started feeling ill on wednesday but i'll start back on focusing on one thing every 2 days and doing my badminton and jogging as well
L.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
distantarray

also age is much easier at 18 cause that's around the age of a man's sexual peak, after that the testosterone levels will keep dropping, more testosterone = easier to gain muscle and lose fat.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote