Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Jack_Crowley

Suggestions for a workout?

Hello. As it says, i'm looking for a workout routine, but not the ones that get me ripped. I'm 17, i weigh around 170, i'm 6'1 or 6'2, and i'm looking to just make myself looks slim. I have a small muffin top,[i think thats what it's called] and i want to get rid of it. But at the same time, i'm not looking to get ripped or such. I eat healthy, thanks to my 2 brothers and parents. I have a bad habit of falling for sweets, such as cake and candy and stuff like that. I've been eating less of it lately, but it seems to crawl out of nowhere. I'm not someone who does exercise daily, not by a long shot [which probably contributes a lot to this. :/] I try to get in any exercise i can during the day, but with school coming up, it may be harder for me to do so. Luckly i have a fitness/conditioning class this year, but i still need one for home.

Any exercise tips or food suggestions that might help me slim down?

Unread 09-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

(lol, I know distantarray is going to have a giggle at the "I don't want to get ripped" part)

I am not trying to slim down, but it sounds like you just need to bring up your cardio. If you don't have any equipment available at home, I would try getting a few cheap things like a jump rope for cardio at your house. If not, a run around your neighborhood (if it's safe)

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
Brand
Like that son!?

Like above stated cardio cardio... and cardio. Run, HIIT, aerobics, do it. Lift weights too cause muscle Burns calories and cardio burns mass so you will not be seeing large gains in size. Hell you wouldn't get big fast anyways cause it takes a long time.

Tip: keep your intensity level up, you need your heart rate up to burn calories, and instead of resting and letting your HR drop between excercises keep it up by adding aerobic or core exercises to your "rest period'' try throwing mountain climbers, seal jumps, bridges, coffee tables or even stretches in between your "main" exercises.
Brand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #4
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYOashley View Post
(lol, I know distantarray is going to have a giggle at the "I don't want to get ripped" part)

I am not trying to slim down, but it sounds like you just need to bring up your cardio. If you don't have any equipment available at home, I would try getting a few cheap things like a jump rope for cardio at your house. If not, a run around your neighborhood (if it's safe)
:P

better diet and more exercise is the only 2 ways, best if worked together. It's hard to figure out your body at first, recommend not dieting at all and working out first, and slowly work your diet in small steps. Most people over diet and over exercise at the sametime destroying their bodies and their progress at the sametime. Not sure if your a girl or a guy, I'd think girl cause you don't like to get ripped and I know most guys would love to be ripped, but if your a girl it tastes soo much work to get ripped I wouldn't even worry. Unless your going to dedicate atleast an entire semester work into diet and cooking nutrition and workout intensively your not really going to get ripped very easily.

Also women hold fat around the tummy more than men this is natural due to child birth, but just take your time and learn how your body works with exercise and remember to mix up your workouts so your body doesn't get lazy.

If you run don't stay at a steady pace, but run jog sprint walk in random intervals will help burn a lot more fat and help avoid plateaus in training, with lifting weights messing with speed of lifts, weights and changing rest times can help as well as the order of the workouts.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Jack_Crowley

I am a guy, but i don't want to get ripped because i don't need it right now. I just need to tone down a bit, is all. Second, the diet part is already being worked on, so i just need to get a routine set.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
Kasinator
Not quite human

it takes a very long time to get "ripped" as you put it. you should try my knuckleheaded ninja workout and be just fine.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Crowley View Post
I am a guy, but i don't want to get ripped because i don't need it right now. I just need to tone down a bit, is all. Second, the diet part is already being worked on, so i just need to get a routine set.
any exercise and diet plan that should help you get ripped will help you tone down everywhere, just stop where you feel comfortable there's no special diet or exercise plan to just lose a little weight, it's the exact same as if you want to lose a lot imo.

Although things to avoid. Running cardio or even dieting at the same pace. Interval training is the best way to lose fat, even through diet. If your tryin to lose weight 1,200 calories 1,500 1,600 1,300 etc and not a exact science of numbers will help you to lose weight. Your body gets accustomed to anything and will try to do things the most effciently as possible. throwing it out of it's comfort zone will encourage your body to lose more weight.. Like instead of jogging steady pace for 1 hour you jog run spring walk in random sequence.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote