Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Mass Effect

Unread 09-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Imaginerd

Mass Effect armor

One of my birthday presents was going out to Ohayocon in late January, and I only have 2 cosplays to my name and I'd like a third. It's been a dream for a long while to cosplay Garrus, a turian from Mass Effect 1&2 (minus the head/mask and such) and his armor is...pretty complex.

Garrus here

I've never made armor before, so tips on that in general would be great, along with specifics on Mass Effect armor-- I'd love some pictures if you've done it yourself! Also, do you think someone who's never done armor would be capable or something like this their first go-around?
Imaginerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginerd View Post
One of my birthday presents was going out to Ohayocon in late January, and I only have 2 cosplays to my name and I'd like a third. It's been a dream for a long while to cosplay Garrus, a turian from Mass Effect 1&2 (minus the head/mask and such) and his armor is...pretty complex.

Garrus here

I've never made armor before, so tips on that in general would be great, along with specifics on Mass Effect armor-- I'd love some pictures if you've done it yourself! Also, do you think someone who's never done armor would be capable or something like this their first go-around?
Well, it depends on what material you want to use. Some materials can be hazardous (like fibreglass) or too flimsy if you don't use it correctly.

ammnra has made a fantastic Garrus. His costume page is here with a minor description on it. Unfortunately I cannot give a whole lot of advice on armor since I have had my own issues. Just...make sure you give yourself a lot of time to work on the armor since its your first time.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote