Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 09-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Missha
Super Turbo Nerdy.

Review: Dream-Angels.net

I've gotten two vests made by them before, so I thought they were reliable.

But, I asked them to make me something back in late May/early June...and I got a reply that they got my measurements and they'd have it made for me in no time.

It is now September, my outfit still isn't here. I wanted it for Otakon. I keep trying to send them an e-mail and all I get is an auto-repsonse mail, so I'd like to know what's going on.

Has anyone else had issues with them lately?
Missha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
Lelana
Lelana

A bit of a late reply but I payed for an item on the 17th of February. Shipping should've taken 2 to 3 weeks and I still haven't received my item either =S I'm starting to question they're reliability too. Unfortunately paypal already passed the "dispute 45days after paying rule".
Lelana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelana View Post
A bit of a late reply but I payed for an item on the 17th of February. Shipping should've taken 2 to 3 weeks and I still haven't received my item either =S I'm starting to question they're reliability too. Unfortunately paypal already passed the "dispute 45days after paying rule".
If your debit/cred card/bank account was used to pay through PayPal, contact your bank and file for a claims dispute. You can probably get your money back that way.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
Lelana
Lelana

Well Paypal isn't helping anymore I have to open a dispute 45 days after I payed the shipment. Unfortunately those 45 days have already passed so I'm too late. But you think I could still get help from the bank itself?
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Yep. I did, even after PayPal denied my claim. ^_^ Call your bank if they are still open and ask. They usually have a longer period for you to get your money back. I'm about to have to do it again, but this time, the time frame is ridiculously long, so I might just end up filing a lawsuit.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
Madcap
Melodious Nocturne

Whats going on with Dream-angels.net?

There are few mentions of them around the site here, and that they are not responding to emails, but I've not found any real info, so I apologise if this has already been asked.

Okay, so..does anyone know what has happened to Dream-Angels.net? I sent them payment of £115 in February for a cosplay and they took the payment and now...nothing. I've sent them emails and all I get in an automated response saying they are busy and will respond asap. I went to their site today and it seems to have been taken down. Does anyone know what the hell is going on with them? They told me I'd get my costume by May 25th in time for a con on the 27th, but I've heard nothing and the fact that their site is down is worrying.

Does anyone else know whats going on with these guys? I've commissioned from them before a few years back and they were great but now I'm worried I've been scammed out of £115. :/ If something is honestly, genuinely wrong with someone from the Dream-Angel team and they can't work or finish commissions, thats fine, I'd just like to know so I know I'm not being left in the lurch.

Anyone else having problems with them?

Last edited by Madcap : 05-14-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

I haven't commissioned from them before - however, since it's too late to let paypal do anything, try going to your bank or phone your credit/debit card company and specify that you want your money back.
However, if you know of any other sites that they may be active on, it's worth checking them out and sending them messages there. Or try and trace up close friends of theirs.

Sorry I can't be of much help. Good luck.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
Andserkiel
Leonie Heartilly

Oh they have been nothing but a pain lately. I commissioned my Rinoa duster and Selphie dress from them in 2007/08 and apart from a few niggles with the costumes themselves I had no problems with them. They responded to emails and I got my commissions on time.

However lately I have noticed people complaining about them being slow to respond to emails and not getting the costumes finished for the customer's deadlines. I still went ahead and commissioned my Claire Redfield jacket from them this year. I paid in January with a deadline for 15th March. They confirmed payment and promised progress reports. I emailed at the end of Feb asking how it was going and they had barely started -_- As it was getting close to my deadline I was told they had messed up and would need to start again and it was possible I wouldn't get it on time (luckily I gave the deadline as 2 weeks before the event). They then LIED about the date they shipped my jacket and the jacket itself... It was terrible. I would be embarrassed to wear it in the state it was in so I had to spend a lot of time trying to make it somewhat acceptable. I emailed to complain and because they owe me a refund for the shipping but as expected have heard nothing back.

They were just brought to my attention again today as a fellow UK cosplayer has heard nothing back from them on a commission and they noticed their website is now gone! I checked their ebay store just now and there is nothing listed for sale when they usually always have a few items up.
This seems dodgy... Like they've just cut and run.
Andserkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
Andserkiel
Leonie Heartilly

EDIT: Post copied from another thread. Bit out of context here.

Last edited by Andserkiel : 05-20-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
Andserkiel
Leonie Heartilly

Their website is back online btw
Unread 05-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
chau.lay

This was very helpful! I was looking at their site and trying to decide between them or ebay.
chau.lay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
Lelana
Lelana

I wouldn't commission from them.. not now that is. Seems they can't do anything right at the moment and even seems like they're just 'stealing' money. I commissioned from them in February (just some Rinoa deluxe duster fabric so no costume had to be made). I still haven't gotten anything but we payed them in February (you can't say they're delayed because the costume isn't finished, so something is definitely fishy).

Anyway don't count on paypal to help you, they only have a short period of time in which you can enter a complaint. Call your bank, they usually have a 3 month policy. I called them three weeks ago and got a call yesterday that they're paying everything back *phew*. So I would stop waiting for your package to arrive and try to get your money back asap.

I'm never going to buy something from them again, definitely.
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
Missha
Super Turbo Nerdy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andserkiel View Post
and the jacket itself... It was terrible. I would be embarrassed to wear it in the state it was in so I had to spend a lot of time trying to make it somewhat acceptable. I emailed to complain and because they owe me a refund for the shipping but as expected have heard nothing back.
I'm sorry to hear this. Sounds like they did a rush job on it =/ This is where I got my first commissions from of Claire's jacket, the denim and the pleater/matte ones, and they turned out pretty well for me. They looked good anyway. Though I can see where you're coming from. I think they did a rush job on my Rinoa duster as well. When I started confronting them more about where my Rinoa duster was (being as I saw they were making everyone elses on ebay that had bought after I bought from their website) they said, "Oh, apparently yours got lost, we'll make another." and I did finally receive one, but I don't think it's made as well. It just seems so thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelana View Post
I wouldn't commission from them.. not now that is. Seems they can't do anything right at the moment and even seems like they're just 'stealing' money. I commissioned from them in February (just some Rinoa deluxe duster fabric so no costume had to be made). I still haven't gotten anything but we payed them in February (you can't say they're delayed because the costume isn't finished, so something is definitely fishy).

Anyway don't count on paypal to help you, they only have a short period of time in which you can enter a complaint. Call your bank, they usually have a 3 month policy. I called them three weeks ago and got a call yesterday that they're paying everything back *phew*. So I would stop waiting for your package to arrive and try to get your money back asap.

I'm never going to buy something from them again, definitely.
Same here. They were reliable in the past, but it doesn't seem they are anymore for whatever reason. I definitely will not be buying from them again. I'm glad we could bring this to everyone's attention.
Missha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #14
Emerz

I ordered from them back in December 2011. I commissioned a custom height Rinoa duster. I sent countless emails, she actually still responded up until April of 2011. Its January 2012 and I never got my costume :/
Emerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #15
Emerz

By the way, I'll post some of what was said by the owner in my emails. & this really sucks because I really loved the way they made their Rinoa dusters... I did end up ordering from another place. Goddess Boutique.

Anyways here are some of the emails;
me: have you guys forgotten about me?

Them: Hi!
No, of course we have not forgotten about you!
However, in our past conversations, there was no mention of a deadline of Feb 3rd.
Your costume was sent to our shipping department about a week ago and you should be expecting it in the coming week.
Thanks!
~dreams" Recieved Feb. 11, 2011

Me: I still have not received my costume. It has now been almost 5 months since I ordered it. What is going on?
Sent: 4/26/11

Them: "Sorry for the delayed response. There was just a couple of personal issues I had to deal with. But yes, that is no excuse to have been delayed with you and I apologize.

I'm suprised that you have not received your costume yet. The item was sent a couple weeks ago and should have arrived by now. I will be checking up with my shipping team regarding it's whereabouts tomorrow moring. If in the event that it has been returned to us due to misdelivery, we will have it dispatched again. If it is totally missing...I can have another made and sent to you if you like. However, I am having a new batch of the material made, so it may take 2 weeks.

I will update you when I've inquired about your package's whereabouts and we will proceed once knowing that.

Sorry again"
Received: 4/26/11

That's the last I heard from them. Bunch of scammers... I sent like 4 emails after that. I've given up. really makes me sad.
Emerz is offline   Reply With Quote