Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Unread 09-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Wicked: The Musical

I'm really shocked there isn't a thread for "Wicked" yet so hey, might as well start one huh? Especially since I found a really amazing Wicked costuming blog that I'd like to share with people that might be interested!:

http://musical-costumers.blogspot.com/

It's mostly Wicked-centric but it has a few other musical costumes featured on there as well!
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

there is also galindaswardrobe.com
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Oooh thank you for posting that! That's fantastic! ^_^
Unread 09-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Satine

I have wanted to make Elphie's Act II dress for years but just did not have an overlocker that would do the appropriate rolled hem, and I love Glinda's Bubble dress but my entire country seemed to sell out of the iridescent oraganza used. And stayed out of stock for a few years.

Well... I now have a Babylock and 8m of blue toned iridescent oraganza (aka glass organza, aka crystal organza*... all of which also apply to other kinds of organza...) And about 2kgs of sequins.

I also finally got to see Wicked this year, fan for five years only just saw it. Still better than with Phantom I was a fan for 8 years before I finally got to see it Still need my passport to see shows within a decade of them being on B'Way/West End.

*Technically an organza made with monofilament threads and strips of interference plastic. If it doesn't reflect pink and yellow and blue and green it is not the right stuff
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Oooh I know..that dress is so beautiful. Complicated as all get out but gorgeous! It's a daunting project though..I was reading that the stage show dress itself weighed thirty pounds! I'd have to weightlift before I cosplayed it! ^_^

I know how you feel looking for great fabric..where I live there isn't much of a selection. I usually have to travel over an hour away or order it online. I hate ordering fabric online though because I love to touch it and see how it moves before I buy it.

I finally got to see the musical in August! Last time it was here it was only for a long weekend and tickets were REALLY expensive. (the ones the scalpers didn't get anyways) It was so exciting to finally see it live!