Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 09-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
Foxberry
is a fluffy kitsune

This tail...

So I'm working on an Arceus cosplay; I'm doing something similiar to this but different to make it a little more accurate to the pokemon. http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/a...nka/Arceus.jpg

But I was curious as to how I'd go around to make the tail. I've already picked up the fabric I need and the stuffing. But I'm just curious as to how I'd go about to make one. I looked online for how to make a fox tail but most people say 'just buy one" and that's not really going to help me.

I want to keep it rather "floppy" I suppose so I can pose the tail how I want.

Thanks for the help in advance!

-Foxberry

Current:
Kinyoobi: Ocarina of Time Link
Sac Anime (!?)*: Joltik
Anime Destiny: OoT Link
Bay Area Conventions Meetups (Various)
*Sac Anime Summer is undecided.
Foxberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
MadameEvelyn
Listless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxberry View Post
So I'm working on an Arceus cosplay; I'm doing something similiar to this but different to make it a little more accurate to the pokemon. http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/a...nka/Arceus.jpg

But I was curious as to how I'd go around to make the tail. I've already picked up the fabric I need and the stuffing. But I'm just curious as to how I'd go about to make one. I looked online for how to make a fox tail but most people say 'just buy one" and that's not really going to help me.

I want to keep it rather "floppy" I suppose so I can pose the tail how I want.

Thanks for the help in advance!

-Foxberry

Ooh! I tried to make a tail once!!

(Mine wasn't as wonderful, but I learned a lot.)

Um, I did find a website where someone posted exactly what you're looking for. You definitely don't want the tail "floppy", but you want to give it a sort of "skeleton" (the website calls it armature). DEFINITELY CHECK THIS OUT. NOW.

http://wolfden.critter.net/fursuits/constrctn/tail.htm

It has both fox/wolf tails, and takes you from pattern to finish.
MadameEvelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
Alucardalina
Touhou Cosplayer

It's actually really easy to make a tail if you can figure out the right fur and color. You'll want longer fur. After that, just cut out a rectangle as long as you want the tail+ an inch or two and the same with the width. Then you sew from the bottom and slowly sew into a point at the end of the rectangle so that it is more like a curvy triangle type shape. turn it inside out, stuff it lightly, sew the bottom shut and sew it onto something like elastic the length of your waist.

Please like my Facebook cosplay page if you like my cosplays!
Alucardalina Cosplay

Con Updates!
Momocon 2013
Art Critic Rarity - MLP:FIM
Alucardalina Claire - Guild Wars 2
Eirin - Touhou
Alucardalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
Foxberry
is a fluffy kitsune

MadameEvelyn; Thank you. I've seen this site, but I found it to be very confusing. I don't much about pattern work and I go better without having that sort of stuff when it comes down to it. Usually I make my own patterns and dissemble clothing to make patterns that I need.

Also I /do/ want it pliable, I don't want to have a skeleton inside of it because I want to be able to pose it however I would like to pose it, whether it's wrapping it around me or acting cute with it. With a skeleton inside (armature- I'm aware of it X3) it will limit me.

Though I may use it regardless because it seems to be the best one out there thus far.

Alucardalina; I've already gotten the material that I needed. I did not get long fur because of the tail is not long furred, nor is the pokemon. Though thank you for the suggestion how to make it. Though I am a little confused; why would you want to keep it a rectangle instead of a point on the end when you cut the fabric?

Current:
Kinyoobi: Ocarina of Time Link
Sac Anime (!?)*: Joltik
Anime Destiny: OoT Link
Bay Area Conventions Meetups (Various)
*Sac Anime Summer is undecided.

Last edited by Foxberry : 09-12-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Foxberry is offline   Reply With Quote