Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 10-02-2003, 08:04 PM   #1
lainey
D2R Cosplay

Yuna experts: Yuna specific questions!

Sorry.. I know..many yuna threads...but I've searched..no solutions!

1) What should the diameter of Yuna's staff approximately be? I just want an idea. And how tall in length?

2) what type of material should be used for summoner yuna's sleeves and top, that don't wrinkle too much and such?

3) For wedding Yuna...how do you put up her hairstyle? I'm horrible with updoes and I want to be as accurate as possible.

4) For the beads attached to her obi...did you guys just buy the beads from a store or something...? how do u get the accurate stuff?

5) what type of fabric should be used for yuna's obi?

6) Approximately how thick should each pleat be? A measurement would be nice
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon

Last edited by lainey : 10-03-2003 at 06:55 AM.
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2003, 08:20 PM   #2
yuffieleonheart

i made my staff according to my own height so it looked correctly proportioned ^_^

you can use stretch cotton for the top =3 i used swimsuit material stuff for the sleeves o_O i'm so amazed it took the dye.

it IS possible to have that exact hairstyle even if your hair is really short o_o i got it done for homecoming but i got it done at a salon and it took forever @_@ it's much easier if you hair is longer because you can just put a small clip underneath and if you hair is long enough it'll cover the clip =3

mine are actually fabric lol ^^; and then i have hand made beads on the bottom =D

i used satin ^^ for my obi. i think it's quite shiny in the pics from the sending so that's why i chose it.
Unread 10-04-2003, 02:04 PM   #3
Dia
time for silver jets

4) For the two obi ties I've made as commissions, I made my own beads. The squat round ones and diamond-shaped ones were out of Sculpey, and the long ones were actually the cardboard tubes that are on the crosspieces of some coathangers (the ones you hang pants from and stuff).

5) With the obi I made, I used a beautiful raw silk from Hancock's. It comes on long rolls, not bolts, if you want to look for it. It's a bit pricey, but I had a coupon ^^ The downside to using this was how thin it was - I had to use much more lining and interfacing materials than I had previously imagined.
Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
Kairi G
*shiny*

I also made my own beads, my boyfriend found me several screenshots that showed the details of the beads. I bought a pleated blue skirt for $1 at the salvation army instead of making one, so i cant help you there. my staff is about 4 1/2 feet long, i used a shower curtain rod, and the head is about a 1 foot wide. for the obi, i just used yellow cotton, it wasnt shiny but i liked the effect in the end, i hand painted and tied my obi. ok now for the hair-do info, i had my friend put my hair in a high ponytail and then we used bobby pins to pin down some pieces of hair to the top of my head to make that spiky look that hers has, just so you know, it isnt actually possible for Yuna's hair to do the style in the way it is supposed to be with it being as short as it is, i have my hair in the same style as Yuna's and its actually a little longer than hers and i had a hard time getting my hair to do that, oh well it still looked nice.
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #5
lainey
D2R Cosplay

hey do you still have the screenshots for the detailed beads...?
^_^

i think my hair will be long enough by May to put it up in that hairstyle.

I was wondering too when I played the game, did she miraculously grow hair over night lol
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 10-13-2003, 11:58 AM   #6
lainey
D2R Cosplay

btw which shade of rit dye do you suggest for yuna's sleeves?

http://www.ritdye.com/b.asp
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 10-13-2003, 02:54 PM   #7
yuffieleonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi G
I also made my own beads, my boyfriend found me several screenshots that showed the details of the beads. I bought a pleated blue skirt for $1 at the salvation army instead of making one, so i cant help you there. my staff is about 4 1/2 feet long, i used a shower curtain rod, and the head is about a 1 foot wide. for the obi, i just used yellow cotton, it wasnt shiny but i liked the effect in the end, i hand painted and tied my obi. ok now for the hair-do info, i had my friend put my hair in a high ponytail and then we used bobby pins to pin down some pieces of hair to the top of my head to make that spiky look that hers has, just so you know, it isnt actually possible for Yuna's hair to do the style in the way it is supposed to be with it being as short as it is, i have my hair in the same style as Yuna's and its actually a little longer than hers and i had a hard time getting my hair to do that, oh well it still looked nice.
lol my hair's pretty short but i got it into the same hairdo as hers o_X ofcourse i got it done at a salon with 56 bobby pins O_O;
Unread 10-13-2003, 05:04 PM   #8
projectanime

Yep! It certainly is possible! You can see in the picture that her hair is just like Yuna's and Yuffieleonheart's hair is the exact length of Yuna's hair. *which is short* Tis definately possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nikkiprom.JPG (114.1 KB, 83 views)
Unread 10-13-2003, 08:30 PM   #9
lainey
D2R Cosplay

ugh..i'll just grow out my hair for May anyhow....I want more "spikey" thingies lol
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 10-13-2003, 09:01 PM   #10
Kairi G
*shiny*

sorry i dont know where the pics of the beads got to ill try to find them tho! and for the rit dye question......i used the neon pink shade.
Unread 10-14-2003, 07:18 AM   #11
lainey
D2R Cosplay

you guys are awesome..answering all of my questions O_O

I now have a clearer idea on how to make this costume..

*sighs*

Another question...the flower around the obi...any suggestions on how to make it?

Out of foam perhaps?
Anime North |Otakon
Unread 10-14-2003, 07:36 AM   #12
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

I would use leather. First timeI made it it was out of foam and it would always rip when I put the string through it. Then I had it cut out of plastic with a layer of felt glued on top. That also didn't look that great; while it was sturdy, it would constatly scratch my arm and one time I bleed. My last one is made from leather. It's heavier them foam, but doesn't rip, but doesn't hurt. I honestly think that's what Yuna's is made out of in the game because leather has a natural curl to it, as does the ends of the petals on Yuna's.

... talk about a long winded response.

About the hair: Clip in exstension. You can find them at any wig store. Find one that matches your hair color and there ya go. You still have to do it up, but once you clip it in, your style will always hold up, no matter how long you wear it.
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 03:29 PM   #13
Yuna Summoner
Sarah Rakel

Yuna or anyone else who can help:
I have a couple questions too.
My last obi attached with a snap around my waist, while the bow was just sew to one end of the obi. It does not look great. Therefore, I am remaking it. How are you attaching yours--the obi itself to the waist, and the bow to the obi?
Second, I'm starting Wedding Yuna. I bought a pattern, but I'm not sure if it will work for the specifics of the costume. Did you use a certain pattern and just make adjustments?
thanks guys! Your advice really helps.
Yuna Summoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2003, 09:03 PM   #14
Kairi G
*shiny*

for wedding yuna i made my own pattern. i looked through some professional ones first tho and got some ideas on wat the shape should be, then took my measurements and made a scratch pattern, it was a little difficult, but in the end it was worth it.
Unread 10-16-2003, 12:39 AM   #15
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Summoner
Yuna or anyone else who can help:
I have a couple questions too.
My last obi attached with a snap around my waist, while the bow was just sew to one end of the obi. It does not look great. Therefore, I am remaking it. How are you attaching yours--the obi itself to the waist, and the bow to the obi?
Second, I'm starting Wedding Yuna. I bought a pattern, but I'm not sure if it will work for the specifics of the costume. Did you use a certain pattern and just make adjustments?
thanks guys! Your advice really helps.
My obi was tied on like a corset in the back. The obi bow is them tied onto the obi base... somehow. I don't know how it's done cause Adella does it and it's always tied on behind me so I can't see it @__@;

I don't remember what pattern that was used for my costume, it was 2 Vouge patterns that were modified, altered and merged into one. It was a feat among men. Your best bet would be to start with a base pattern that can get the gnereal shape, then alter where nessesary. I do that for like, 90% of my costumes.
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote