I am a non-professional (but very process-oriented) photographer who will be attending New York Anime Festival (NYAF) 2010. I'm not a beginner, but I'm continually trying to improve my photography technique.
Photoshoots are free, but tips are welcome. However, I am requesting that photographic subjects sign a model release. The model release includes an image usage clause that describes how you can use the images. When we start discussion, I will provide you a PDF copy of the release to review. If you are under the age of 18, your parent and guardian must sign the model release instead.
This transaction is commonly known as a trade for print (TFP).
If you're interested in a photoshoot at New York Anime Festival, please contact me via PM here or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you directly email me, there is a chance that gmail may think your email is spam. If you don't get a response in a few days, please use PM.
Rules of Engagement
* Please describe your cosplay and the anime/manga/video game that it is from. Because I have only a limited number of photoshoot slots, I am going to pick and choose cosplays to shoot. This is not a first come, first serve arrangement.
If you have an existing picture of your cosplay (even if the picture is not great or the cosplay is incomplete), then it carries greater significance in my consideration than if you didn't have one.
* Because of the previous statement, rest assured that once I've confirmed your photoshoot, I will stay committed to it (unless I get sick, have a family emergency, or some other circumstance beyond my control occurs). You will not be bumped off otherwise. Likewise, please ensure you will be at your scheduled photoshoot. If you need to cancel, that is fine, but do contact me.
* Once a photoshoot is confirmed, we must exchange cell phone numbers to ensure that there are no problems during the day of the photoshoot. For your privacy, only disclose your cell phone number in PM or email. Don't post it directly in this thread. I discard all cell phone numbers after the photoshoot. Lastly, do not try to send me a text message, because my cell phone account is set to block all text messages. You must call me if you have a problem with your scheduling.
* I do not guarantee a set number of photographs at your photoshoot, except what is stated in the model release. I will take as many photographs as reasonably possible in your session, but the number of photographs that you receive may be less than the number of photographs I took.
* Your use of the photographs will be described in the model release.
* The photoshoot may last between 30 minutes (minimum) to an hour (maximum).
* I can only take photographs at NYAF or other public areas in the vicinity (e.g. 1-2 cross-town block radius).
* I will contact you one week before New York Anime Festival to confirm your appointment.
* We will meet at or near the entrance to the Jacbo Javitz Center. From there, we can go to the photoshoot location.
* Maximum group size I can handle is 4.
I do perform post-processing and simple retouching, but I do not add CG effects.
All Otakon 2010 Photoshoots:
All Otakon 2009 Photos:
All Otakon 2008 Photos:
All Otakon 2007 Photos:
My entire Flickr photostream: