Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
ByronSpiegal
The CoPness

Success stories and/or pics

After all the working out I've done, I've decided that I'm going to redo my Portgas D. Ace costume for AAC. Mainly because I'm ashamed of how I looked when I went as him earlier this year, but I like how I look now, and feel ready to do it better this time. With that said I was wondering how many of you kind folk have reached or are close to reaching your ideal shape for a certain costume you wanna pull off, I'd love to hear about it or even see some pics ^_^

My Web comic Twin Shadow

CoP's One true Kamen Rider

Weeaboo Slayer for hire
ByronSpiegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
ickaboo

Good luck! I'm trying to get fit for my Morrigan costume.
ickaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2010, 03:53 AM   #3
distantarray

Kinda embarassing but o wells.

around June 2009 worst shape of my life, bad dieting, stressed out, and probably worst point of my life. approximate body fat 25% body fat @ 165 pounds

Sept 14 2009 better diet, worked out at home with 20 pound dumbbells push ups etc for 2 months. Joined YMCA gym around when the picture was taken. @ Approximately 155 pounds

Dec 19 2009 4 months hard hitting the gym, started on protein shakes, and jack3d pre-workout for energy. lifted every day when my muscles weren't overly sore, focused on form, minimal rest, better diet, NO RUNNING OF ANY TYPE. Just cardio with weights with minimal rest to keep my heart rate up =)

Then took 6months off cause I got lazy after 2month vacation to Vietnam, then 2months back on.

current

I just got my size back, although I look much fatter now =( gained a bit of thickness in my chest, a improved lat spread, and little more traps. Although I think I got little fatter =\ @ 165 pounds lookin for 5 more pounds then going on a cutting cycle (ACTUALLY GONNA HIT THE TREADMILL OMG)
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Kasinator
Not quite human

What started as a 3 month goal became an obsession to me. This is the result of almost one years worth of training. I now am in the best shape of my life and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

before:

After:

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD

Last edited by Kasinator : 04-03-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
xDriftxQueenx

I feel like a lurker at this point, but only the two of you have success stories up! You guys look great. C: Very sexy abs there, I must comment on.
xDriftxQueenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
TheTurtleHermit
One And Only Naked Ninja

Very nice. I'm going to try hard to lose some weight and I'll post back here.
TheTurtleHermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Kiro

Ditto. Both of your before/after pics are very inspirational, granted I'll be starting a bit further behind than you two.

I'll be back here in a few months with whatever progress I make in that time. Won't work miracles, but some progress is better than no progress.

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
Ghai

Im working on this right now actually. I started out in july at 290, by far the worst of my life. I started taking pics every two weeks since the end of july, and I'm currently down to 275. I'm making a sideshow for when I hit 235 again so I'll have a constant reminder of why to work out and to see the progress. I'll post when it happens
Ghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 05:13 AM   #9
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

I started out as 270 lbs in may (i'm 6'8, so it wasn't too bad). As of now I'm 180 lbs. will post pics when I find where I put them haha.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
theonlyangel77
Giggidy giggidy goo

October 2008 I was 180lbs (i was Pregnant!!!!!)
after having my baby boy, i have been working hard on getting fit.
you wont see any photos of me that big in cosplay because i avoided it, but i will post some pics when i find them, before after sorta thing... It was crazy i was 125 before the pregnancy and gained 55lbs during, my doctor said sometimes it just happens. My goal is to be back at my old weight by Katsucon in Feb 2011.
Soul Eater Tsubaki
Cosplay Page --> Cosplay Angels
theonlyangel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
benihime
Kimono Queen

me 4 years ago:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1125777/

185 pounds. biggest i've EVER been

myself now? 152 pounds. i've been slacking or else i would be smaller.

i'm trying to get down to 130-135 and i'm hoping to get there by next year!

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Alucard View Post
I started out as 270 lbs in may (i'm 6'8, so it wasn't too bad). As of now I'm 180 lbs. will post pics when I find where I put them haha.
o_O isn't 180 a bit light for 6'8?
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #13
distantarray

well I hope Jess doesn't get mad for posting her pics, but this was a girl who asked for some workout advice around late last year. I dunno if she's still an active poster or not, but personally I thought she looked pretty good already anyways she listened to a lot of our advice =)

Mainly active people around that time was me, Andy Lee, Dr.Pepper, and Eminai =)

personally I didn't think she had 20 pounds to lose, but she did it and looks amazing now, and she actually lifts weights =o

i'm only posting cause she had great results and no girls have yet to post any before or afters
Unread 09-30-2010, 02:10 AM   #14
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

Whoah super skinny. I can see the difference in that outfit. I don't think she needed to lose 20 either, but to each their own. I love the results though.

@ Benihime: In comparison to your avatar and the photo you posted, you can really see the difference.

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #15
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

You would think it is, but im still

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick