Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-20-2010, 12:21 AM   #196
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaine View Post
You look like that girl from Labryinth... 0:

*sigh* I'm too ashamed to take the "before" picture... but since I'm on a weight-loss regime, I can't wait 'til I'm confident enough to show you the "after". ^_^

Good work, everyone!
I know what you mean.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #197
therob127

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1k2 View Post
I dont think I can compet with some of ya'll but I have done a bit myself.

Sigh...thats right guys...I'm the Fail Akuma...

I think I'm the only one to do King Bumi and the Boulder so far...
Great progress man! Keep up the hard work!

2013 Cosplay
Sinbad - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Sinbad (Djinn Equip) - Magi
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez - Bleach
therob127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #198
Apsara
all around bum..

Here's my before pic, some times around Spring 2009. I'm dressed in traditional Cambodian costume, something I had to wear to please my mother in a family portrait. *sighs* I thought I was going to start crying or just die from lack of oxygen. That blouse did not fit me any where. You know you're unacceptably fat when you have to be safety-pinned into the biggest blouse they have and you can't wear a bra because it's bulky, and they'd used up their entire supply of safety pins!

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...tional00-1.jpg
Side View with a traditional, obedient pose. Obviously, my mother's favorite photo. Ever.

Okay, I admit it, I thought I was bootylicious. My ass was big and round and could stop traffic. But various doctors said, "You need to reduce your breast size or your spine will be even more damaged." I cared but not really. :/ I mean if it's already damaged, it's not like I can reverse that, right? (<--moron) It wasn't until I couldn't walk a block without feeling like coughing up a lung that I finally took exercising seriously. And of course, my lovely ass is gone.

I've been exercising vigorously 4 out of 7 days for the past 5 months. Usually 30 minutes every three hours because I work alone for 8 to 10 hours straight sitting in a windowless, locked box with 10 TVs and a bunch of cameras. The result this December:

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...a/IMG_4463.jpg
That dark shirt I'm wearing is from my 11 year old nephew. It was passed down from his 13 year old bro. I was amazed to the point of speechlessness when I put it on and my breasts wasn't stretching the letters out. My goal is my old 28E bra, 24" waist and 33" hips. Almost there, and I'm wearing my size 3 skinny jeans that I haven't been able to wear in 5 years!!! And I lost an inch around my biceps! I find myself flexing my arms in the windows as I jog by and getting weird looks from patrons inside the shops. *laughs* I'm like, "Oh gawd, muscles! MUSCLES!"

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011

Last edited by Apsara : 03-01-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: That aught to save those with slow modems...sorry.
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #199
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsara View Post
Here's my before pic, some times around Spring 2009. I'm dressed in traditional Cambodian costume, something I had to wear to please my mother in a family portrait. *sighs* I thought I was going to start crying or just die from lack of oxygen. That blouse did not fit me any where. You know you're unacceptably fat when you have to be safety-pinned into the biggest blouse they have and you can't wear a bra because it's bulky, and they'd used up their entire supply of safety pins!

Side View with a traditional, obedient pose. Obviously, my mother's favorite photo. Ever.

Okay, I admit it, I thought I was bootylicious. My ass was big and round and could stop traffic. But various doctors said, "You need to reduce your breast size or your spine will be even more damaged." I cared but not really. :/ I mean if it's already damaged, it's not like I can reverse that, right? (<--moron) It wasn't until I couldn't walk a block without feeling like coughing up a lung that I finally took exercising seriously. And of course, my lovely ass is gone.

I've been exercising vigorously 4 out of 7 days for the past 5 months. Usually 30 minutes every three hours because I work alone for 8 to 10 hours straight sitting in a windowless, locked box with 10 TVs and a bunch of cameras. The result this December:

That dark shirt I'm wearing is from my 11 year old nephew. It was passed down from his 13 year old bro. I was amazed to the point of speechlessness when I put it on and my breasts wasn't stretching the letters out. My goal is my old 28E bra, 24" waist and 33" hips. Almost there, and I'm wearing my size 3 skinny jeans that I haven't been able to wear in 5 years!!! And I lost an inch around my biceps! I find myself flexing my arms in the windows as I jog by and getting weird looks from patrons inside the shops. *laughs* I'm like, "Oh gawd, muscles! MUSCLES!"
I love seeing all these before and after pics. Every single one of these shows how muuch of an impact this board has become to each and every one of us!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #200
Momomizu
peach water <3 ^_^

i think im going to say no to katsu this year for yoruichi....and get good lookin for Nekocon or AUSA. T-T
Momomizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #201
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

*googles at all the pictures* That is amazing. . . I wanna be skinny too! So I can do a real-life Gen. Armstrong with my bro being Sensei's husband!
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #202
Apsara
all around bum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
I love seeing all these before and after pics. Every single one of these shows how muuch of an impact this board has become to each and every one of us!
Agreed! I really stepped it up when I got back into cosplaying this past October.

I know I should have done some weight training in the very beginning but my financial situation was horrible. Now I'm hoping to either join a gym or acquire a set of weights from a friend. Whichever works best for me. I've never tried lifting weights so this will be exciting.

I meant to say I've never tried lifting traditional weights. I've improvised with everything in the house though like books, water bottles, gallon milk jugs and so on.

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011

Last edited by Apsara : 12-23-2010 at 02:36 AM. Reason: clarification...
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #203
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

I'll be posting some pictures in January. I haven't cosplayed since I lost about 30lbs (Almost 40 from where I was in 2005). I'm at my halfway point right now. I'm trying to lose the other half in the next year. My goal is somewhere between 130-140, down from about 205. I'm finding it better for me and my body to just do it slowly and gradually. I don't really have a desire to be thin and tiny, or look hot in cosplay. But I just want to be in better shape and in better health. Plus it's a challenge for myself, just to see if I could do it.

Once I reach my goal, I want to redo an old costume I did at 190lbs for an awesome comparison!
Unread 12-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #204
Rogue-dono
Busy Cosplayer

Congrats to all of you! Lately I have been feeling a bit self-conscious about my ability to actually lose weight and tone muscle. I am 5'5 sitting at approx 187lbs. >.< I used to work out in tae kwon do 5-6 nights a week when I was in highschool, but then I moved away to college and away from my school. I got overly stressed, had hypothyroid, and some horrible situations happened that became out of my control. My work quit giving me hours so I have been struggling to pick myself back up. I was at 115lbs in highschool, then when I hit college after a year I was at 137lbs. My friends like to eat out, and because it is easier than cooking every night, my friends will spot me a meal at Denny's. A year ago I was 153lbs. Now Im at my worst.

Good news? I recently started back in tae kwon do (Something I absolutely love and is a hobby as well as workout for me), started eating better as well. I have bad habits of eating when Im bored or stressed, and I am cutting back on eating out. I am also stocking up on protein and meal replacement bars, so when I DO have cravings for munchies, I can just nom on a bar every now and then. OR, if I get the munchy cravings, I will go for a walk with my dog and room mates.

I also have been walking my dog at least 3 times a night, and me and my room mates will go around the block a couple times. We are also going to start walking the 2.4 miles to and from school everyday instead of driving. (School is out for the holidays)

I havent yet weighed myself, since I only just started to kick myself of my unhealthy habits. I really didnt notice my weight gain until I realized that costumes that I made only recently dont fit anymore!! D: So I have to change that! I want to lose SOMETHING and tone a bit before March 2011 because I have KawaKon, and my cosplay group is hosting a Kuroshitsuji Social Ball. I am cosplaying Ciel, so I want to slim down a LOT (as much as realistically possible for me) by that time.

I havent been too confident in losing anything, because my family has a history of obesity. My late grandma was 6' at 400lbs, my mom is at 205lbs, and my other grandma is around 400lbs as well. With a history of diabetes as well. My mom started losing a little weight because she had to have her gall bladder removed. I have to get my gall bladder checked too, because I have been having problems with it before my mom even had hers removed. Which is also a BIG motivating factor for me to start eating healthier too. I am also big boned, so it seems nearly impossible for me to lose a lot. T__T I feel like Im destined to look big no matter what I do. I want to have a small feminine frame, but I know that it may be impossible. Im too curvy. >.<

My other motivating factor is that I will be going to Japan in May to do research on Human Rights, and also research for my cosplay book that I want to publish. After I return home at the end of May, I will be going back to Japan to study for an academic year and then to London to study for 6 weeks. Im hoping that I will also lose weight while I am in Japan in addition to what I want to lose here.

Im hoping that it is still even possible for me to lose, and after seeing some of these stories (I have read all of the posts in this forum), I am inspired to try my hardest again. I hope to post updates by KawaKon.

Is it possible to look pretty and thin with big bones and curves?????????

Official Facebook
Rogue-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #205
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Rogue - Something very important stood out in your description. Hypothyroid. If this is true, accurate and confirmed by a doctor, the process that you need to take to get into shape can be very different than the standard advice you will usually find.

First off, if you are suffering a thyroid condition, and are not on appropriate medication, you can expect very little success. However with proper medication, and an altered diet you can be quite successful.

If on the other hand, it is an excuse, and you see obesity in your family as a reason, while it may cause a predisposition, it is certainly not an insurmountable obstacle. Tons of people lose weight from staggering starting points, and transform themselves into very healthy fit individuals.

So best of luck, and make the changes that you need to make!
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #206
Ghai

Well, I managed to drop from 295 to 275 once this year, but got too focused on studying and went back up. Determined to get back on track now that were on break, I ended up getting something messed up with my stomach and wasn't able to eat without sever stomach pain. I've dropped over twelve pounds in the last two weeks because I eat less than my 110 girlfriend now =\. It's been a good thing though, I'm only able to eat small portions and usually only healthy food. Any grease makes me gag now.

Here's hoping to be down to the 260's or lower by feb!

Oh PS, yes I've been to the doctor and have pills that allow me to eat without dying =D
Ghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #207
Rogue-dono
Busy Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjr3412 View Post
Rogue - Something very important stood out in your description. Hypothyroid. If this is true, accurate and confirmed by a doctor, the process that you need to take to get into shape can be very different than the standard advice you will usually find.

First off, if you are suffering a thyroid condition, and are not on appropriate medication, you can expect very little success. However with proper medication, and an altered diet you can be quite successful.

If on the other hand, it is an excuse, and you see obesity in your family as a reason, while it may cause a predisposition, it is certainly not an insurmountable obstacle. Tons of people lose weight from staggering starting points, and transform themselves into very healthy fit individuals.

So best of luck, and make the changes that you need to make!

The doctor's caught the thyroid condition after I started taking birth control to control my acne and my time of month, which would last on average 2 weeks with a 2 week break. It was horrible. They put me on medication for it, though, and after I quit taking the birth control my condition was a little better. But my body required really weird combination of medication because Im taking other medication for my epilepsy. My doctor thinks that the combination of chemicals had something to do with my thyroid problem. But we are not exactly sure. @.@

I think it is mostly fear than an excuse though, about the obesity in my family. Lately Ive not been too confident, and I'm starting to get tired of the no confidence. I know it is possible, so I am actually not sure why I'm so scared. Though now I am actually DOING something about it, than being too scared to actually do something.

I need to go to the doctor when I get home (on vacation at the moment in another state), and I'm going to see about getting something done about my gall bladder. I'm having trouble keeping down certain foods (especially greasy/acidic/fast foods though lately Ive been avoiding them). I am tired of being sick after I eat, and last night was a nightmare. I was dumb and had Taco Bell on the way out of town, and I was up until 2am getting sick. Made the drive nearly unbearable! >.< Though I have been eating a lot healthier recently, there are still foods that my body isn't doing well with, and sometimes I have set backs when I cant get to a kitchen. I have thought, and it could be allergies too.

I'm going to definitely take your advice and talk to my doctor about how I should go about getting healthier and losing weight in coordination with my thyroid condition and possibly gall bladder issue. (We are pretty certain its gall bladder. My friend has had her gall bladder removed a few years ago after having 2 years of problems, so she knows the signs and my mom just had hers removed two weeks ago. My doctor wants me checked anyway because its hereditary.)

I think if I get in shape more, and start taking care of myself more, then I will probably be much healthier, and much happier.

Official Facebook

Last edited by Rogue-dono : 12-29-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Rogue-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 12:40 AM   #208
HomeDepot

I trained for a half marathon this fall and ran it in January at 2:03. Ten minutes faster than my previous PR. So I'm pretty stoked about that. I have also been doing body weight exercise to try and buff up a bit. When I started this in September I could only do sets of 10 regular push ups. Now I'm doing sets of 20.
These are more like progress pics, but I'm happy with what I have done so far.

Here is a before picture from this summer. My arms were very soft

I have to do snake eyes with this pose. I can't help it.

Last edited by HomeDepot : 02-17-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: just found a good before pic
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:07 AM   #209
Midnight Raine

Regrettably, I don't have any such pictures of myself or anything like that from before I started working out.

But I had to do a bit of trimming to make a good Liquid Snake for Ohayocon, which was about two weeks ago. I'd already built up substantial muscle mass. Turned out well, in my opinion. In terms of numbers, I reduced my weight by about 25 pounds. It was surprisingly easy, once I figured out how to do it.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/647/liquid2w.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4463/liquid3.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9807/liquid4.jpg

I wanna do it again at Anime Central, but my experience at Ohayocon taught me two things. 1. I need a little, tiny, bit of a tan so I'm not white as a ghost. 2. I need a better wig for Liquid. (Anyone know of any good wigs?)
Colossalcon
Otakon (... possibly)
Youmacon

Last edited by Midnight Raine : 02-13-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Midnight Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 05:39 AM   #210
ne0ven0m
Dr. Feelgood

@ HomeDepot: You look great! And 20 pushups for anyone is good, but especially young women.

@ Midnight Raine: Dude, you look shredded as Liquid. I think your naysayers on the board should take note of you practicing what you preach (which is TRUTH!).

2014 Plans: Winter Soldier mashup, Deathstroke, Deadpool/Adventure Time mash-up, TBD

My Blog:http://ne0ven0m.wordpress.com/
ne0ven0m is offline   Reply With Quote