Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #16
saiyamanmasenko
yaFWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Benihime~I had no idea, Beni! You are an inspiration to me, girl.
saiyamanmasenko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #17
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

Im actually sitting at 215 lbs. Im goin keep up with my crossfit and work onpacking on more muscle while maintaining low body fat. Im sitting at round 12% body fat at the moment...,
I think lol.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
me 4 years ago:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1125777/

185 pounds. biggest i've EVER been

myself now? 152 pounds. i've been slacking or else i would be smaller.

i'm trying to get down to 130-135 and i'm hoping to get there by next year!
That's awesome! Grats!

I'm hoping to be at my goal come March of next year. Good thing it's a really slow con season for me during fall/winter so I can completely focus on losing weight and save for costumes I want to make. 43 pounds lost and 30-40 more pounds to go!
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #19
Xneloea
Always on a sugar high!

I hate this picture but oh well, maybe this can help someone!

I had a pretty active job the year before and when I quit to focus more on school I gained weight. T.T

I started off with just using the treadmill and I lost 5 pounds but after awhile that wasn't working for me alone so I added weights and realized my eatting habits were horrible and changed that and I have lost 15 pounds so far. I'm not at my goal yet but I am very proud of myself!
Unread 10-01-2010, 03:07 AM   #20
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xneloea View Post

I had a pretty active job the year before and when I quit to focus more on school I gained weight. T.T

I started off with just using the treadmill and I lost 5 pounds but after awhile that wasn't working for me alone so I added weights and realized my eatting habits were horrible and changed that and I have lost 15 pounds so far. I'm not at my goal yet but I am very proud of myself!

It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #21
Ghai

This is what I'm currently trying to get back to. Figured I put up some sort of pic instead of just lurking. Even then I was maybe a month and a half with minimal working out. I miss those days ._.
Ghai is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #22
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

@ Ghai: Ahhh! Pretty awesome combo of guns and "GUNS" haha.

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #23
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xneloea View Post

See ladies? She used weights, and she dindn't turn into the hulk! :P Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghai View Post

This is what I'm currently trying to get back to. Figured I put up some sort of pic instead of just lurking. Even then I was maybe a month and a half with minimal working out. I miss those days ._.
awesome guns! The sword is pretty epic too!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #24
C0BALTDragon

I had always been really active with competitive sports, this was about a year after starting the gym (6'2 165lbs 7-9% body fat)

This is now. Put on 40lbs of muscle in the past 3 years since then (6'2 198lbs 7-8% body fat). More than tripled the max weight I can push now as well and I do not neglect my legs at all.
C0BALTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #25
Kasinator
Not quite human

0.0 Wow!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #26
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

Thats pretty Impressive Cobalt! Thats what I'm gonna be aiming for mysel over the next 6-12 months. And I finally found pics!

Before (may 2010 round bouts):

After:

Gonna work more on adding on muscle (specially in the back, chest, shoulders and biceps). My legs will come along with what I'm putting them though, and my cardio and cross fit will get my abs and help keep my body toned.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #27
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Hm, well I'm a new guy here but I figure I'll throw some pictures up. These aren't really before and afters so much as general progress pictures.

I'm also always happy to try and give some advice to anyone who would like some. I'd like to think the last six years of my life spent researching and experimenting with lifting and working out amount to something useful. :]

This is approximately how I've looked for the majority of the last four years

[Please ignore the general conditions of this first picture. You'll come to find I'm not a terribly bashful person. :/]

and this is more of what I'm trying to work back towards but leaner. It's primarily a size difference. The weight discrepancy between the first two pictures and this third one is about 10 - 15 pounds of muscle. The body fat percentage is always between 10% and 11%. I'd like to be the size I am in this picture with approximately 9% body fat.

[ Yeah. I'm rockin' the Bruce Lee hairdo in this one. I know.]

Last edited by FYDave : 10-04-2010 at 02:28 AM.
FYDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #28
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

Jeezers! Everyone is huge!
If I had results to post, I would :P But honestly. Nothing has changed much besides my flexibility and my endurance. Weight is still the same (which I think is a good thing :P) Ughhh i can't wait until I get the cut in my thighs! It will look amazing <3 So jealous of you guys!

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #29
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYOashley View Post
If I had results to post, I would :P But honestly. Nothing has changed much besides my flexibility and my endurance. Weight is still the same (which I think is a good thing :P) Ughhh i can't wait until I get the cut in my thighs! It will look amazing <3 So jealous of you guys!
What's there to be jealous of? Each person have individual goals and individual genetics. You should post some pictures just documenting your progress, I'd say. It'd likely motivate other girls to share their own progress.

I'm always happy to give people advice or suggestions on weightlifting, exercise, and diet routines. Don't be afraid to PM me and just say hi either!

http://www.stickam.com/fydave
FYDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #30
saiyamanmasenko
yaFWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYDave View Post
Hm, well I'm a new guy here but I figure I'll throw some pictures up. These aren't really before and afters so much as general progress pictures.

I'm also always happy to try and give some advice to anyone who would like some. I'd like to think the last six years of my life spent researching and experimenting with lifting and working out amount to something useful. :]

. . .

[ Yeah. I'm rockin' the Bruce Lee hairdo in this one. I know.]

Wow! The return of Bolo Yeung.
http://karatetraining.org/gallery/ma...serialNumber=2
jk. seriously, though, awesome job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYOashley View Post
I'm with you HEYO. I have nothing to really show, but it exercise/fitness is more of marathon than sprint. And he's right, each person has their own goals and genetics. Improvements will happen, I promise.

Last edited by saiyamanmasenko : 10-04-2010 at 04:00 PM.
saiyamanmasenko is offline   Reply With Quote