Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #421
Reionyx
It's Showtime!

*Warning... Weight loss sob story ahead. I hope it may help to inspire someone somewhere...
I have always had problems with weight ever since I was small. I topped 220 some years ago and stayed there until this year when I decided to get up and finally do something about. Motivation was always my problem, because I could never get support from those around me, therefore I learned that trying to do it by myself was not working out. I really wanted someone to help carry the fight with me - to make me feel more responsible and accountable for my own actions, because when you are by yourself, you tend to be less responsible and allow yourself to make excuses. I managed to find communities of people that were in the same situation. I only just found this site, but it has reinvigorated my interest in weight loss, because I have found others that what to lose weight for the same reasons as I do.
Back in June, I started exercising (treadmill, weight lifting, exercise Xbox games) and food portioning. As of the beginning of October, I am 183 pounds - down by 37 pounds. Unfortunately, I am some ways to go until I am my idea weight, but I will leave that for another story.
Reionyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2011, 02:49 AM   #422
deadpool790

Im a very lightweight person but im mostly on the opposite side of things been bulking for the past year after doing everything wrong by doing mass cardio(stoped that hasnt hit a treadmill in 11months). Its been a rough year and im slow gainer but its been 11months now and im 20lbs heavier. I went from 118 to 138lbs. Need at least another 12 pounds to be satisfied before cutting.
deadpool790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:36 AM   #423
DingDing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natholin View Post
just started a new work out routine.. I will post before and after in 13 weeks. This is what I have done so far.
Wow! That is amazing, great job!

My da: http://allebasi-ding.deviantart.com/

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Alice - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (WIP)
DingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:37 AM   #424
DingDing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4love View Post
Weight loss update

Right is me at 165. Left 143.

Awesome! You are looking fantastic!

My da: http://allebasi-ding.deviantart.com/

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Alice - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (WIP)
DingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #425
starlight_lady

Reionyx, way to go!!!

I started the year wanting to lose about 30 lbs and I've got to about half that in May then I totally lost my motivation. It's very hard when the people closest to you are pushing you to eat more or you have to eat at buffets. It's that way with my BF. He pushes extreme exercise, but I like being able to move. LOL.

I'm hoping to lose that next 15 lbs by the end of the year, but the season of eating is upon me and I have no willpower.
starlight_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #426
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight_lady View Post
Reionyx, way to go!!!

I started the year wanting to lose about 30 lbs and I've got to about half that in May then I totally lost my motivation. It's very hard when the people closest to you are pushing you to eat more or you have to eat at buffets. It's that way with my BF. He pushes extreme exercise, but I like being able to move. LOL.

I'm hoping to lose that next 15 lbs by the end of the year, but the season of eating is upon me and I have no willpower.
Same thing for me, except 17 pounds and my family doesn't exercise at all.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #427
MiniCooper

Here's me. The before pic is from the summer, and the after pic is now:

Still have a little more fat to shed around the love handles, but I'm getting closer!

Last edited by MiniCooper : 10-17-2011 at 12:55 AM.
MiniCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:04 AM   #428
Hacchii

I have a question o:
I'm 5'6" and I weigh somewhere between 128-131
I have a lot of annoying cellulite and some stretch marks on my inner and outer thighs.
I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs ;_; During the summer I lost 5 lbs from my worst (134) and got down to 128. When school started I was unable to go to the gym so I feel like I've gained it all back again OTL

Do cellulite/stretch marks go away when you tone up? My worst fear is losing weight and still not be able to wear shorts because of this cellulite ):
Hacchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #429
BearerSoraKey
Because I Can

http://demonpriestxelloss.deviantart...airs-145994558 This was me (bottom right) four or so years ago at the start of my weight loss journey. At fourteen I was 245 pounds. I went on a five year diet (still going), took part in very physical sports (softball, football) and started to really monitor how much i excercised, how much I ate and what i was eating. Now five years later I am down to around 160 and still trying to lose. Here's the after: http://demonpriestxelloss.deviantart...kies-248084546 Granted both are in costume but there's a rough idea
For sale: Sora from Kingdom Hearts and Ritsuka from Loveless
In progress: Rin Okumura from Blue exorcist
BearerSoraKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #430
LunarCrazy

Quote:

personally I didn't think she had 20 pounds to lose, but she did it and looks amazing now, and she actually lifts weights =o

i'm only posting cause she had great results and no girls have yet to post any before or afters
I don't feel comfortable sharing pictures of my body yet, so I'll use the ones distantarray posted. I'm sort of like the girl in her first picture, but with more of a stomach, and cellulite-clad thighs. One of the factors probably contributing to my flabbilicious-ness is my tendency to over-eat, mostly outside of the house. That and a very sedentary lifestyle. Thankfully my upper-half is thin for the most part, so with careful dressing, I don't look pudgy.
My goal is more about shrinking my stomach so that I don't want to eat as much and get full faster, as well as losing a pant size.

A two-pack would be nice, too

I'm kind of young to do dramatic weight loss, plus I'd probably be okay with just 10-15 pounds. Tips for cutting back on portions without feeling hungry would be awesome.

Starting weight: 125 pounds, 27-inch waist, size 6
Goal weight(probably about): 115 pounds, 24-inch waist, size 4

I'm a plump, saggy, lazy size six, not a pretty, curvy one, so please no judgement.
LunarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #431
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

^ About the photos LunarCrazy quoted on. I think she looks great in the first one and too skinny in the second.
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #432
LunarCrazy

Yes, but I also said imagine that plus "more of a stomach and cellulite clad thighs". She looks fine in it; I'm saying that I look similar but have some unwanted fat too. It looks like she has a healthy flat stomach(I don't) and overall normal body distribution. If I looked like that, heck I'd be perfectly happy. But I don't look that toned, and my belly bulges a little, and fat hangs off my thighs. But aside from the unwanted parts I have a similar body shape.
LunarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:59 AM   #433
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarCrazy View Post
I don't feel comfortable sharing pictures of my body yet, so I'll use the ones distantarray posted. I'm sort of like the girl in her first picture, but with more of a stomach, and cellulite-clad thighs. One of the factors probably contributing to my flabbilicious-ness is my tendency to over-eat, mostly outside of the house. That and a very sedentary lifestyle. Thankfully my upper-half is thin for the most part, so with careful dressing, I don't look pudgy.
My goal is more about shrinking my stomach so that I don't want to eat as much and get full faster, as well as losing a pant size.

I'm kind of young to do dramatic weight loss, plus I'd probably be okay with just 10-15 pounds. Tips for cutting back on portions without feeling hungry would be awesome.

Starting weight: 125 pounds, 27-inch waist, size 6
Goal weight(probably about): 115 pounds, 24-inch waist, size 4

I'm a plump, saggy, lazy size six, not a pretty, curvy one, so please no judgement.
A 24 inch waist is super tiny! I miss having a 26 inch waist. That's my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacchii View Post
I have a question o:
I'm 5'6" and I weigh somewhere between 128-131
I have a lot of annoying cellulite and some stretch marks on my inner and outer thighs.
I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs ;_; During the summer I lost 5 lbs from my worst (134) and got down to 128. When school started I was unable to go to the gym so I feel like I've gained it all back again OTL

Do cellulite/stretch marks go away when you tone up? My worst fear is losing weight and still not be able to wear shorts because of this cellulite ):
Cellulite might...stretch marks, no. I've had stretch marks on my inner thighs since I was about 8 from rapid growth and then from forced stretching as a dancer I wasn't ready for. My skin reacts horribly to stretchmarks...so annoying.

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 11-21-2011 at 05:07 AM.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 05:07 AM   #434
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Oops, tried to fix my double post. I'm bad at multi quoting.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #435
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarCrazy View Post
Is it bad that I thought "You ave a two pack, boobs." when I read this?