Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #541
Aphoticfaerie

Wow, I must say everyone here is doing such a great job and it's kicked me to try even harder at losing weight!

For awhile, I was at a okay weight but it wasn't my goal weight. Then I went through a nasty breakup and other life things and I began stress eating and popping a lot of candy and other unhealthy sweets (which is really rare for me because I usually never eat candy or anything of the like). Before I knew it, my clothes weren't fitting the way they use to anymore and I'm about 5'6"-5'7" and I was at about 165lbs and now I'm teetering around 195lbs and I hadn't been at that weight since I was in middle school and it frustrated me to the point where I didn't want to cosplay or have my picture taken because I felt embarrassed about how my body looked and I felt ashamed that I had gained that much weight over just a few months.

Not long after I noticed the weight gain I was also checked for my cholesterol for the first time and that had been so high that it's dangerous for my age (I'm 22 and it was near the 200 mark). I want to believe it was from the candy (and other junk) I had been eating and since then, I have had my blood checked and it's gone down. I've been eating healthier (I tended to eat healthy for the most part, I rarely drink soda and I only really crave sweets around that certain time of the month) but I've always found it hard sticking to diets because I tend to be a picky eater and I get sick of food easily if I have it too often and my mom and I suck at meal planning and we tend to wait til the last minute and end up getting food out instead of making home cooked meals. Fortunately, we've cut back on that and we've been picking up foods at the store and beginning to start meal planning and only getting take out once in a while.

Since the weather is nice now, I've been attempting to get out more and exercise. I've begun to take my dog to the park and we walk around anywhere from 20-45 min nearly everyday. I have a set of 10lb weights too but I don't know where to look for weight lifting exercises online that will help me tone up and lose arm fat and strength in my arms. Not to mention I have a VERY hard time staying motivated for exercise and I give up way too easily... it's a real pain.

Since I've gained weight, I have lost a bit but it's not nearly as much as I want and I'm getting frustrated with myself again and I don't want to be at this weight anymore but like I said, it's hard to get myself motivated and staying motivated! Agh.

On top of that, I have a bad back and since I've gained weight, it's given me a lot more problems and I should be strengthening my core so I have a better posture and not as much trouble with my back.

jsdigjsdigjs I'm rambling now, but I feel like I'm at a wall that I'm having a hard time getting over 8(

Aphoticfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #542
L.N.Iaa

I was going to post picture from the last con I went to and the one I was supposed to go to this year, but I didn't manage to make it to this years aggiecon, so here's some pictures from the beginning of the school year in august and now.
School year.png

That's about twenty five pounds in the school year,
about forty five since my last con.
I'm pretty happy.
L.N.Iaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #543
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

I can definitely see a difference, L. N. Iaa!!
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #544
belligerent
Viking Metal

I don't really have any before pics, but I used to be around 175-180 at 5'6" when I was 25. I joined a gym and managed to lose about 45-50 pounds. Right now I'm around 140 (although I've been down to around 133ish...I have a bit more muscle now, though). I turn 30 in less than a week (ugh).

A recent pic:
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture328.jpg
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Denmark
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #545
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

P90X! If you can stick with it it really does work. I had gained more weight then I liked to admit. I was 190 and I was seriously like how the hell did this happen? I'd always stayed around 160 the last few years. I gained another 30 pounds in the last year? O.o Made me want to cry. I don't remember exactly when I started P90X, I do believe it was this year, I'll just say January, I did it for 4 weeks and lost 30 pounds in a month. But I also watched what I ate, they give you a diet guild but I just watched what I ate and ate healthy and smaller portions.

I haven't done p90x in a while, but have continued to slowly lose weight, a pound here or there, I'm currently 158 lbs. But I want to lose another 30 pounds by July so I started riding my bike and doing p90x excersies. My brother stole p90x from me so I don't remember all the work outs. But I just do the stuff to work my core and abs, I just want to lose my tummy and shrink my thighs, I'm happy with the rest of my body. If you'd like pics I can post befoer and after, just lazy to at the moment. lol

And I will say you can eat what you want as long as you excersize but you have to watch portions and what kind of food you eat. I'm not saying go out and eat a big mac every day, but you can get away with eating fast food a few times a week. Honestly some weeks I might eat out 2-3 times a week. But if I go to fast food I usually get a grilled chicken sandwich, which really aren't good for you because the high sodium, but I don't tend to eat a lot of sodium any way. Or I get one cheeseburger which is only about 3-400 calories which I'll burn off easy, or a 10 piece mcnugget which I think is 6-800 calories. I burn about 1,000 and more calories a day. If I do have a fast food day I only eat like one fast food thing. Honestly myself if I make a healthy meal I'll some times eat a bigger portion, but I don't feel bad because it's healthy and I'll burn it off.

Like I said, keep a mental count of calories! Helps you track how much you eat and what you need to burn to lose weight.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #546
SapphireChaos

@Kawaii Pocky: Wow, that's really great! My dad's friend recently gave him a copy of p90x to try out, and now I'm really eager to try it ^^
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) - 0%
[?] Jun (Avatar the Last Airbender) - 0%
SapphireChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #547
inuyashasgirl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
Once i started college i hit my worst weight ever...so once senior year came around i went to the gym 5 times a week and started eating better. it took awhile for me to find a balance of eating i like and working out so it became more of a life style. But im happy where i am now and i plan to keep it up.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE~!
You are such an inspiration... I almost want to cry. You my friend are amazing and have 100% motivated. I feel like now I can do it too ;w;
(For rave) Panty- Panty and Stocking
Otakon 2012:
Valentine- Skullgirls
Nia Teppelin- Gurren Lagann
Kurama- Yu Yu Hakusho
inuyashasgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #548
Kaycontop
Mormon Otaku

Alright, so I'm just going to weigh in.
I graduated from high school a year ago weighing around 140 pounds, and pretty much through all of my freshman year of college I've weighed 130 pounds. Especially this last semester I've been working out a lot, and while my weight stays fairly steady at 126-130, I am glad to say that my stomach doesn't poke out even if I try really hard and that my thighs have gotten smaller. I've been learning anime dances and practicing them for cardio, stretching to become more flexible (almost have my right splits!), doing planks and side planks in addition to crunches for my abs, and I've been doing squats to build up muscle in my legs but I feel like they're only working the front muscles on my thighs, recommendations for exercises the muscles on the back of my legs?
Kaycontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:28 AM   #549
Barbapappa
Ppeogigayo.

I'm not finished dieting yet, but I'm in the middle of it. I'm getting lazy lately though, but I'll try to keep it up! >,<

I'm slow when it comes to dieting, it has taken me like 4,5-5 months to lose only ~4 kilos (8.8 lbs) so yeah.. But at least it's going in the right direction!

Here's a pic of my pogress so far:

So yeah, it's not a huge difference yet but I'm still happy with the results so far, and I'll try to do my best to keep it up!
Oh, in the first pic I'm 66,3 kilos (146 lbs) and in the two last pics I'm around 63,3 kilos (139 lbs).

Hoping to reach 60 kilos soon ^^
Barbapappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #550
TiaLuna

jealous of all these Before/after stories. Its a great motivator. : )
still want to lose 25pds more before I'd feel comfortable posting but dropping 70 in almost 2 years wasn't easy either lol
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.
TiaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #551
TiaLuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaLuna View Post
Progress~
Down to around 160 - 162! still pushing for that 130 weight loss and its now May so Anime north will be in 3 weeks. I dont think I will be cosplaying anything new just my group harvest sprite cosplay from last year.. I'm determined to make 2013 my cosplay year. Im finding it harder and harder to drop the pounds right now and Im finding it really stressful.. If anyone has some good tips Id love to hear them.
Current weight is now 154 and hoping its still going down.
I feel that Im close to hitting that wall.. Going to need to focus this summer on working out.
I hope to get those last 20 pds off by the time I start college in the fall.
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.
TiaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #552
Sportster

Here is an older picture of me which isn't horribly bad, but it was when I had just gotten under 200 (I'm on the far right)

Now I've finally stabalized in the 150's range and I'm about half that size. I'm still working hard to stay in shape, but I'm just really happy I was finally able to pull off Amu. >//<

Sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #553
CorporatePuppet

(I would post pics but I'm not real sure how too just yet D

anyway, at the start I weighed in at 87kg (191 bls) and it wasn't till after seeing my Naruto pics that were taken at my first con when it suddenly hit me O-O I needed to lose weight so after that revelation I begain to workout/cut down eating...It took me a while to actually work up the courage to go outside to workout/go on runs so I took baby steps till l got used to it.

I also leached motivation off the people who used to pick on me and call me nasty names like 'pig' and 'ugly' to my face and being ridiculed by everyone for being the fat kid in class whilst in school and I wanted to show them! and I did C: I lost 17 kg (37 bls) which leaves me at 70 kg (154 bls) , I'm 5''5 and aiming for 55kg.

Now : 70kg
Short term goal:65kg
Long term goal: 55kg
CorporatePuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #554
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Sportster- you make a great Amu! Nicely done

Looking through these pictures is really motivating me to actually make an effort to lose weight. Now I'm not terribly overweight, but I could definitely afford to lose 10-15lbs. I think I would look better if I was thinner and more fit.
I am 5'3" and around 137lbs currently. I would love to get back down to 120-125lbs. So once I start making progress on my weight loss, I will post pics in this thread.
Unread 07-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #555
bkyoung

4 months seriously lifting, work it progress. Rome wasnt built in a day.
bkyoung is offline   Reply With Quote