Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 05-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #541
inuyashasgirl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
Once i started college i hit my worst weight ever...so once senior year came around i went to the gym 5 times a week and started eating better. it took awhile for me to find a balance of eating i like and working out so it became more of a life style. But im happy where i am now and i plan to keep it up.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE~!
You are such an inspiration... I almost want to cry. You my friend are amazing and have 100% motivated. I feel like now I can do it too ;w;
(For rave) Panty- Panty and Stocking
Otakon 2012:
Valentine- Skullgirls
Nia Teppelin- Gurren Lagann
Kurama- Yu Yu Hakusho
inuyashasgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #542
Kaycontop
Mormon Otaku

Alright, so I'm just going to weigh in.
I graduated from high school a year ago weighing around 140 pounds, and pretty much through all of my freshman year of college I've weighed 130 pounds. Especially this last semester I've been working out a lot, and while my weight stays fairly steady at 126-130, I am glad to say that my stomach doesn't poke out even if I try really hard and that my thighs have gotten smaller. I've been learning anime dances and practicing them for cardio, stretching to become more flexible (almost have my right splits!), doing planks and side planks in addition to crunches for my abs, and I've been doing squats to build up muscle in my legs but I feel like they're only working the front muscles on my thighs, recommendations for exercises the muscles on the back of my legs?
Kaycontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:28 AM   #543
Barbapappa
Ppeogigayo.

I'm not finished dieting yet, but I'm in the middle of it. I'm getting lazy lately though, but I'll try to keep it up! >,<

I'm slow when it comes to dieting, it has taken me like 4,5-5 months to lose only ~4 kilos (8.8 lbs) so yeah.. But at least it's going in the right direction!

Here's a pic of my pogress so far:

So yeah, it's not a huge difference yet but I'm still happy with the results so far, and I'll try to do my best to keep it up!
Oh, in the first pic I'm 66,3 kilos (146 lbs) and in the two last pics I'm around 63,3 kilos (139 lbs).

Hoping to reach 60 kilos soon ^^
Barbapappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #544
TiaLuna

jealous of all these Before/after stories. Its a great motivator. : )
still want to lose 25pds more before I'd feel comfortable posting but dropping 70 in almost 2 years wasn't easy either lol
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.
TiaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #545
TiaLuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaLuna View Post
Progress~
Down to around 160 - 162! still pushing for that 130 weight loss and its now May so Anime north will be in 3 weeks. I dont think I will be cosplaying anything new just my group harvest sprite cosplay from last year.. I'm determined to make 2013 my cosplay year. Im finding it harder and harder to drop the pounds right now and Im finding it really stressful.. If anyone has some good tips Id love to hear them.
Current weight is now 154 and hoping its still going down.
I feel that Im close to hitting that wall.. Going to need to focus this summer on working out.
I hope to get those last 20 pds off by the time I start college in the fall.
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.
TiaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #546
Sportster

Here is an older picture of me which isn't horribly bad, but it was when I had just gotten under 200 (I'm on the far right)

Now I've finally stabalized in the 150's range and I'm about half that size. I'm still working hard to stay in shape, but I'm just really happy I was finally able to pull off Amu. >//<

Sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #547
CorporatePuppet

(I would post pics but I'm not real sure how too just yet D

anyway, at the start I weighed in at 87kg (191 bls) and it wasn't till after seeing my Naruto pics that were taken at my first con when it suddenly hit me O-O I needed to lose weight so after that revelation I begain to workout/cut down eating...It took me a while to actually work up the courage to go outside to workout/go on runs so I took baby steps till l got used to it.

I also leached motivation off the people who used to pick on me and call me nasty names like 'pig' and 'ugly' to my face and being ridiculed by everyone for being the fat kid in class whilst in school and I wanted to show them! and I did C: I lost 17 kg (37 bls) which leaves me at 70 kg (154 bls) , I'm 5''5 and aiming for 55kg.

Now : 70kg
Short term goal:65kg
Long term goal: 55kg
CorporatePuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #548
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Sportster- you make a great Amu! Nicely done

Looking through these pictures is really motivating me to actually make an effort to lose weight. Now I'm not terribly overweight, but I could definitely afford to lose 10-15lbs. I think I would look better if I was thinner and more fit.
I am 5'3" and around 137lbs currently. I would love to get back down to 120-125lbs. So once I start making progress on my weight loss, I will post pics in this thread.

It's a pirate's life for me! Savvy?

Find me on Facebook!

SparrowStyle Entertainment on Instagram

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #549
bkyoung

4 months seriously lifting, work it progress. Rome wasnt built in a day.
bkyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #550
crimsonrazac

Before:

After:

crimsonrazac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #551
K1k2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonrazac View Post
Before:

After:

O_o Damn...Son... How long? And What were you doing?
K1k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #552
JudokaLilly

Before (5'3", 200 lb, May 4 2010)

After (175 or so, Jan 14, 2012)

I'm currently plateuing around 165 which means I'm going to need to ramp up my interval training. I've started doing 1 min intervals of medicine ball slams, at least 3 every lifting day. I'm going to need to work some tabatas in for my non-lifting days >.< I've got a medical condition (several, actually, including Hashimotos and PCOS) and preview poor choices (drugs and anorexia) working against my immune system, but I'm determined to get the body shape that I want!

Last edited by JudokaLilly : 07-12-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: pics werent' showing
JudokaLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 04:01 AM   #553
crimsonrazac

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1k2 View Post
O_o Damn...Son... How long? And What were you doing?
Might have been around a year, although most of the results were from the first four months.

I started eating a lot more, and did weighted pull-ups for a couple months once a week. All I do now is bouldering (a form of rock climbing) and occasionally slack lining.

I've never done core workouts, although they may help.

Bouldering:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...pe=2 &theater

Slacklining:
crimsonrazac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #554
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonrazac View Post
Might have been around a year, although most of the results were from the first four months.

I started eating a lot more, and did weighted pull-ups for a couple months once a week. All I do now is bouldering (a form of rock climbing) and occasionally slack lining.
Dude, that's so awesome!! Really highlights the importance of finding something physically challenging that you actually *want* to do. Watching the Olympics right now is totally bringing that message home too haha!
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #555
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudokaLilly View Post
Before (5'3", 200 lb, May 4 2010)

I'm currently plateuing around 165 which means I'm going to need to ramp up my interval training.
Gambatte ne! Love your determination!