Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #556
crimsonrazac

Before:

After:

crimsonrazac is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #557
K1k2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonrazac View Post
Before:

After:

O_o Damn...Son... How long? And What were you doing?
K1k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #558
JudokaLilly

Before (5'3", 200 lb, May 4 2010)

After (175 or so, Jan 14, 2012)

I'm currently plateuing around 165 which means I'm going to need to ramp up my interval training. I've started doing 1 min intervals of medicine ball slams, at least 3 every lifting day. I'm going to need to work some tabatas in for my non-lifting days >.< I've got a medical condition (several, actually, including Hashimotos and PCOS) and preview poor choices (drugs and anorexia) working against my immune system, but I'm determined to get the body shape that I want!

Last edited by JudokaLilly : 07-12-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: pics werent' showing
JudokaLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 04:01 AM   #559
crimsonrazac

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1k2 View Post
O_o Damn...Son... How long? And What were you doing?
Might have been around a year, although most of the results were from the first four months.

I started eating a lot more, and did weighted pull-ups for a couple months once a week. All I do now is bouldering (a form of rock climbing) and occasionally slack lining.

I've never done core workouts, although they may help.

Bouldering:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...pe=2 &theater

Slacklining:
crimsonrazac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #560
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonrazac View Post
Might have been around a year, although most of the results were from the first four months.

I started eating a lot more, and did weighted pull-ups for a couple months once a week. All I do now is bouldering (a form of rock climbing) and occasionally slack lining.
Dude, that's so awesome!! Really highlights the importance of finding something physically challenging that you actually *want* to do. Watching the Olympics right now is totally bringing that message home too haha!
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #561
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudokaLilly View Post
Before (5'3", 200 lb, May 4 2010)

I'm currently plateuing around 165 which means I'm going to need to ramp up my interval training.
Gambatte ne! Love your determination!
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:36 PM   #562
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
it took awhile for me to find a balance of eating i like and working out so it became more of a life style. But im happy where i am now and i plan to keep it up.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE~!
This image really shows your confidence change! Haha though being in costume helps too :3. Congratulations! Hope you keep enjoying what you're doing!
Unread 07-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #563
amanokawa_osa

Wow, thank you for sharing all your pictures it keeps me motivated. I don't cosplay for some years (not cosplay seriously at least, only went to con sometimes and wear daily-cosplay) since I'm not confident with my weight. Eversince i got an accident at 2010 and had to stay on bed for 1-2 months, i gained weight about... 7-10 kilos. That's terrible. And unfortunately I'm kind of losing hope since no matter how much I tried to keep my diet, I always want to eat whenever I'm stressed.

But from September 2011, I tried to lose more weight, altho I still cant exercise too much (I had asthma). I realized, there are many characters I want to cosplay and I dont want to ruin their image because of my fat. I was 5'1" and 169 lbs on September (stressed due to working on final assignment, LOL). Now I'm 152 lbs. I want to be 143 lbs by the end of this month :P wish me luck.

If I can reach 132 lbs, I'll cut my hair more (that's my promise, to cut my hair shorter when I reach my goal) and if I can reach 121 lbs, I'm gonna shave my head and cosplay Aang XD. I don't take picture alot since I was embarrassed of my looks, but I'll take progress picture from now on . Thank you again for the support.

Anyway, can somebody explain me about the size (like size 10 or size 12, ets). Is it pants size or something? (and actually I'm not used to 'feet' and 'pounds' either, I have to use converter :P).
amanokawa_osa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:14 AM   #564
vmpdhntr

I'm pretty sure you guys are tired of hearing this by now but these stories are awesome and you guys are beautiful because of your motivations! I don't have any before picture but I was thinner than a tooth pick. After eating whatever I want and a lot of it with workout 6 days a week, 2 hrs each day I manage to look average hahaha.

vmpdhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #565
ianthegamer

nice job. You guys are doing great. I used to weigh around 260 in highschool in 04 and got down to 165lb by 07. I started working out in 06. I am 6ft 1inch

Once I moved to Dallas in 08 i got to a much preferred weight of 185-190 where i was tone and not scrawny. Got a girlfriend and it jumped from that weight all the way up to 275

She packed the pounds on me. Not sure why but i think it had to do with her insecurities and didnt want other girls to find me attractive. I didnt pay much attention and though noticed I wasnt fitting in clothes anymore I didnt care too much cause I was happy. WELL, she broke up with me at the end of march this year. So in order to cope and feel good about myself I started working out again. to date im now 238 (weighed this morning) my plateau was 245 but managed to break it so i hope it goes down from here. I started working out a bit harder and running outside. I hope to get back to at least 200lb but would love to get down to 190 again
ianthegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #566
MaydayParker

I finally found some before pictures, but I really don't have that many after.

I've been semi-committed to losing weight for a few years now, but I don't feel like I've seen that much results. Maybe it's just because I haven't sought out anyone else's opinion. There are a number of factors that keep me from diving completely into it, the big two being lack of support from immediate family members and concerns about injury and overall health (I haven't been able to afford seeing a doctor since 2005).

2007, about 240-245 lbs:

2012, plateaued about 200 lbs:

All I really have is the webcam, though.

Maybe I need the push, maybe I need the encouragement from a group, I dunno.

EDIT: UGH. None of the Photobucket resizing is sticking.

Last edited by MaydayParker : 08-14-2012 at 08:24 PM.
MaydayParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #567
Takoyaki-love

I love to read this thread it's so inspiring!
i'm still losing weight too so it's always nice to see that there are other people trying too.
I'm stuck at my current weight since may, and reading this thread is giving me much more motivation to continue losing weight!
Takoyaki-love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #568
Hacchii

Don't you hate getting in that mindset where you're like "It's okay to eat as much as I want cause I haven't gained any weight in a while." And then suddenly you weigh yourself and you've gained 6 lbs and can't fit into your tightest jeans. I hate that. It sucks OTL
Now started dieting and going to the gym five days a week. Trying to get down to 115 (I'm 5'6" and 126 currently) I honestly don't know if that's too low but I'm very thin on top and carry all my fat in my butt and thighs. Makes me look larger than I am XD
Hacchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #569
Hacchii

126 to 121 in a week :3 (Probably water weight) I go to the gym five days a week and cut out as many carbs and fat as possible.
Hacchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #570
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Thanks everyone for sharing your pics and stories. This really motivated me to stick to my fitness plan.

credit: got my avatar template here
xNagi is offline   Reply With Quote