Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #46
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkyoung View Post
thanks, i will. Im trying to get into 189 division but running isnt my favourite thing to do :P , i wish my school offered a martial arts training program because to my knowlege there aren't any academys near where i live that offer it to teenagers. mostly just women and children.
I know very few people that enjoy doing large quantities of running.

I do like riding my bicycle a lot though. During the summer I was pushing 6 - 12 miles a day on the thing riding around Boston. It got me hooked like crack.. not that I would know how addicting crack can be. :/

I'm always happy to give people advice or suggestions on weightlifting, exercise, and diet routines. Don't be afraid to PM me and just say hi either!

http://www.stickam.com/fydave
FYDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #47
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYDave View Post

I do like riding my bicycle a lot though. During the summer I was pushing 6 - 12 miles a day on the thing riding around Boston. It got me hooked like crack.. not that I would know how addicting crack can be. :/
For me running and cardio is super easy too. I don't mind it and I don't get exhausted easily, but it's the mixed training with weight lifting I really need improvement on. My stretching class is helping to improve muscle as well, so I hope that helps.

BKYOUNG. That is seriously impressive! I agree with you too. In high school they don't offer a lot for different workout routines other than the occasional two miles, wrestling (which I absolutely hated), and like...badminton.

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #48
bkyoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYOashley View Post
For me running and cardio is super easy too. I don't mind it and I don't get exhausted easily, but it's the mixed training with weight lifting I really need improvement on. My stretching class is helping to improve muscle as well, so I hope that helps.

BKYOUNG. That is seriously impressive! I agree with you too. In high school they don't offer a lot for different workout routines other than the occasional two miles, wrestling (which I absolutely hated), and like...badminton.
thanks
btw, I LOVE BADMINTON.
my coach used to be a pro badminton player. so, off season of wrestling, the wrestling team turns into a badminton team
bkyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #49
bkyoung

Quote:

i havent owned a bike in the longest time.. ill have to buy one this weekend. I used to love biking in the fall.
bkyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #50
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Wow, such impressive pics/stories in this thread! Excellent fit-spiration. XD

I myself have lost about 110 pounds since early 2009.

At my highest recorded weight (it probably was higher around the holidays but I was avoiding scales for obvious reasons), I was 243 in January of 2009, and I'm only 5'5". ><

I'm now around 130 pounds, and trying to swap the last of the excess chub for muscle, which I already have a lot of in my legs especially because the bulk of the weight was lost running on a treadmill. My legs are a lot bigger than I'd like, as are my hips and butt. I'm aiming for a more slender, lean body type, but the last of the pounds are stubborn and I've been set back by recurrent health problems that prevent me from doing strenuous exercise.

I don't have any really good before and after pics, but you can get an idea from these:

Before- taken in January 2009 at Ohayocon (I'm on the far right in purple): http://icosplay.com/ohayo09/dsc00196.jpg

After- me as Gary Oak at Dragoncon 2010, last month: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2700377/

a close-up, you can really tell a difference in my face: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2732652/

I typically wear guys clothing, and I'm a size 28 in mens pants, but in womens sizes, I went from a size 20 to a size 6. My goal is to trim up my legs/hips/butt by the end of January to make a convincing Kiba from Wolf's Rain. That boy is ridiculously skinny, so it's a hard goal, but I'm fairly confident I can do it. I have an elliptical machine now, so wish me luck!

Last edited by Bahzi : 10-08-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #51
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post

At my highest recorded weight (it probably was higher around the holidays but I was avoiding scales for obvious reasons), I was 243 in January of 2009, and I'm only 5'5". ><

I'm now around 130 pounds, and trying to swap the last of the excess chub for muscle, which I already have a lot of in my legs especially because the bulk of the weight was lost running on a treadmill. My legs are a lot bigger than I'd like, as are my hips and butt. I'm aiming for a more slender, lean body type, but the last of the pounds are stubborn and I've been set back by recurrent health problems that prevent me from doing strenuous exercise.

I don't have any really good before and after pics, but you can get an idea from these:

Before- taken in January 2009 at Ohayocon (I'm on the far right in purple): http://icosplay.com/ohayo09/dsc00196.jpg

After- me as Gary Oak at Dragoncon 2010, last month: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2700377/

a close-up, you can really tell a difference in my face: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2732652/

I typically wear guys clothing, and I'm a size 28 in mens pants, but in womens sizes, I went from a size 20 to a size 6. My goal is to trim up my legs/hips/butt by the end of January to make a convincing Kiba from Wolf's Rain. That boy is ridiculously skinny, so it's a hard goal, but I'm fairly confident I can do it. I have an elliptical machine now, so wish me luck!
Very good story indeed and I'm sure many people will find your story to give them further motivation to achieve their goals. I'm actually quite impressed.

Keep it up.

I'm always happy to give people advice or suggestions on weightlifting, exercise, and diet routines. Don't be afraid to PM me and just say hi either!

http://www.stickam.com/fydave
FYDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #52
therob127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post

Impressive work! Great job on working towards your goal. I'm sure others will find inspiration from you.

2013 Cosplay
Sinbad - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Sinbad (Djinn Equip) - Magi
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez - Bleach
therob127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #53
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Very good story indeed and I'm sure many people will find your story to give them further motivation to achieve their goals. I'm actually quite impressed.

Keep it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therob127 View Post
Impressive work! Great job on working towards your goal. I'm sure others will find inspiration from you.

Thanks! I'd like to think my results could be encouraging to others. I know when I was starting out the numbers seemed daunting. If you've got 100+ pounds to lose it can seem so unlikely that you'll ever be small, but I'm proof that if you want something enough, you'll get it. XD

I actually took some underwear pics, but I'm too chickenshit to post them just yet. Maybe once I've got some further progress shots to put them against, haha.

Cool thread though, I'll keep an eye on it and other Fitness board threads.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #54
Hyperbomb69
you should hit me!

I think the best I got is when I worked out for Anime Expo 2010, I picked Alex about a year before the convention...I knew it was gonna be a challenge to take my shirt off in front of 40k people...
Around december 2009 I was 215 pounds...
during my workouts and diets I was 198 by the time AX rolled by...

<---thats the result..
Unread 10-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #55
Kasinator
Not quite human

I just wanted to announce to everyone it is officially one year today since I started getting in shape and changing my life for the better. What was supposed to be a three month goal has become a life changing moment helping myself, others, and becoming an overall happier, healthier, individual. I really hope my example will motivate and guide others into a more healthier and active lifestyle. At the very least, you can get a sweet six pack out of the deal.

Some particulars I would like to thank are andy_lee08, we haven't heard a word form her in a long time, but last I checked she is happily married to the man of her dreams in the grand state of Texas. SamuriSmurfX For encouraging me to switch things up. Giant Alucard for being one of the other proud beach body vets around here. PhDPepper for being an overall motivator, more than he realizes. Rjr3412 you are always helpful on these forums! Em1nAI you are my idol for nutritional discipline! Seriously you and I could take on Gandhi in a contest of willpower. And of course, Distantarray how could I leave you out? you are like a human wiki, but you know with an actual sense of humor. You weren't afraid to point out my mistakes as well as others. And your advice was always set to simple and strait-forward. You have wrote so many helpful threads and I hope you continue to.

And to everyone else, whether you are a new member or old trying to get fit, we're here to help! Thanks everyone for everything you have given me.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #56
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

awww... sniff....sniff... I love you too man! But thanks for the shout out =P

Now let's work on programming wiki with a sense of humor Distantarray doesn't have to repeat himself 20 times.

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #57
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriSmurfX View Post
awww... sniff....sniff... I love you too man! But thanks for the shout out =P

Now let's work on programming wiki with a sense of humor Distantarray doesn't have to repeat himself 20 times.
lol i get bored but yea most stuff are pretty redundant cause most people ask the same questions without looking up threads, they don't want to look through 1000 pages to find their same question but if they look would probably take 3-4 at best -_-;

I don't mind typing it since I usually do it when I have nothin better to do, probably not good for my carpal tunnel though lol
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #58
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

@ Kasinator: Wow! A year of progress. That's really cool ^^ It really does take time and patience...something I need to learn :P The results really show though, good job

Hopefully I will have something to celebrate in the future, too.

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #59
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

Man you guys suck. I don't have the time to workout or the discipline to stay away from the cheeseburgers. ;.; My weight yo-yo's like.. a yo yo. >.>;;

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #60
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

Oh you love us.

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote