Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #586
ShudoRanmaru
Fool of Owari

Recent comparison shots from now to last year! In 2012/2013 I started dating someone who did not have the best eating habits, and as we were living together his decisions heavily influenced my own. As a result near the beginning of 2013 I started putting on the weight I had worked so hard to lose - still a farcry from where I was at, but enough to upset me.

Long story short the relationship did not work out and I started concentrating on myself again. I want this to be motivation to others - whether you are just starting out, or have fallen off the wagon for a bit, you CAN do it.

I most recently picked up yoga and pilates, and I can tell you this has made a world of difference in toning up!

Last edited by ShudoRanmaru : 03-24-2014 at 10:57 PM.
ShudoRanmaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #587
SoahCJay

I used to be a disgusting sweaty mess after only 20 or so minutes of biking, and today I was able to do two and a half hours
SoahCJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #588
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoahCJay View Post
I used to be a disgusting sweaty mess after only 20 or so minutes of biking, and today I was able to do two and a half hours
I am so jealous that your weather was good enough to bike in today XD. Also... this is so random, but I love the wines from the Okanagan Valley~. How appropriate that your route to success is gained through your beautiful surroundings!
Unread 03-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #589
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryso View Post
I lost 10kg in three years. My next goal is not to lose weight but to tone up and be more visibly muscular.
You can really see it in your face! Congratulations!!! Though I have to say your smile in your first pic is very charming . Good thing that never gets lost with the weight, ne?

It seems you've definitely got the right mind-set as to next goals. I need to get back on that one myself before I start getting out of habit too much x.x.
Unread 03-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #590
meeokie
ayylmaoo

You look awesome in all of those pics! I started taking yoga in addition to going to the gym and I actually think yoga has helped more as far as shaping the body.
meeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #591
meeokie
ayylmaoo

You look great! I have a similar pattern, 203 in the beginning of last year and down to 160 now, looking to get to 145ish and see if I want additional toning. Your Rinoa is awesome either way ^_^
meeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #592
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboticgiraffe View Post
I recovered from an eating disorder (I was anorexic with purging qualities they said) so I gained like 60 lbs from 105 lbs. It was a good thing though and my body needed it. Before my eating disorder however I was thinner than that but since my metabolism was way out of whack I gained more than my normal weight. I was rowing at the time the picture was taken so my arms looks pretty good! Haha. But I definitely had a belly.
It's great to see a story like this. I'm so proud of you for getting your body back into a more healthy rhythm (even just as a random human being/cosplayer!). Whether we don't have enough flesh or have too much, it takes a toll on our bodies and minds.

When it comes to cosplay, there are great things that angles can do to in photos to fool the eye to think we are in good shape. Your photo is a great example of this - if you look hard you can tell that once you relax, your stomach would not appear as tight as it does in the photo. I'm sure that after journeying from the depths of anorexia you know this without me saying but I do feel I have to qualify my previous sentence with something discouraging you from skipping meals XD. (Oh weird socio-conditioning...) Anyways, good on ya for being all proactive and shteef :3.

Yoga seems to be an especially good solution for those that manifest physical conditioning problems due to high stress. I'm approaching my 30's with a body that will only degrade more as I age and am thinking this would be a good thing to get into... Well, with some crossfit still in there too hehe (I'm not that old yet!!).

Anything you do to better your HEALTH - wherever you start from - is going to make you a better person and therefore a better cosplayer. Let's keep going, everyone! GANBATTE NE!
Unread 03-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #593
SoahCJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagnosed View Post
I am so jealous that your weather was good enough to bike in today XD. Also... this is so random, but I love the wines from the Okanagan Valley~. How appropriate that your route to success is gained through your beautiful surroundings!
Yeah, the weather here is getting increasingly more beautiful as the days progress. We're very lucky to not have as long of a winter as most of Canada. Hahah yes the Okanagan Valley is definitely known for our wine! I don't like wine though haha. Thank you!
SoahCJay is offline   Reply With Quote