Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 03-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #586
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboticgiraffe View Post
I recovered from an eating disorder (I was anorexic with purging qualities they said) so I gained like 60 lbs from 105 lbs. It was a good thing though and my body needed it. Before my eating disorder however I was thinner than that but since my metabolism was way out of whack I gained more than my normal weight. I was rowing at the time the picture was taken so my arms looks pretty good! Haha. But I definitely had a belly.
It's great to see a story like this. I'm so proud of you for getting your body back into a more healthy rhythm (even just as a random human being/cosplayer!). Whether we don't have enough flesh or have too much, it takes a toll on our bodies and minds.

When it comes to cosplay, there are great things that angles can do to in photos to fool the eye to think we are in good shape. Your photo is a great example of this - if you look hard you can tell that once you relax, your stomach would not appear as tight as it does in the photo. I'm sure that after journeying from the depths of anorexia you know this without me saying but I do feel I have to qualify my previous sentence with something discouraging you from skipping meals XD. (Oh weird socio-conditioning...) Anyways, good on ya for being all proactive and shteef :3.

Yoga seems to be an especially good solution for those that manifest physical conditioning problems due to high stress. I'm approaching my 30's with a body that will only degrade more as I age and am thinking this would be a good thing to get into... Well, with some crossfit still in there too hehe (I'm not that old yet!!).

Anything you do to better your HEALTH - wherever you start from - is going to make you a better person and therefore a better cosplayer. Let's keep going, everyone! GANBATTE NE!

Unread 03-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #587
SoahCJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagnosed View Post
I am so jealous that your weather was good enough to bike in today XD. Also... this is so random, but I love the wines from the Okanagan Valley~. How appropriate that your route to success is gained through your beautiful surroundings!
Yeah, the weather here is getting increasingly more beautiful as the days progress. We're very lucky to not have as long of a winter as most of Canada. Hahah yes the Okanagan Valley is definitely known for our wine! I don't like wine though haha. Thank you!
SoahCJay is offline   Reply With Quote