Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #61
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

@.@ I love to look at you, how's that? /still jealous

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #62
bkyoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowchrist View Post
Man you guys suck. I don't have the time to workout or the discipline to stay away from the cheeseburgers. ;.; My weight yo-yo's like.. a yo yo. >.>;;
I still cant stay away from the burgers, thats why im 220 lbs Q_Q
bkyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #63
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowchrist View Post
Man you guys suck. I don't have the time to workout or the discipline to stay away from the cheeseburgers. ;.; My weight yo-yo's like.. a yo yo. >.>;;
if you have time to post topics and make cosplay you have time to workout :P

Don't get me wrong I love cheese burgers I eat them all the time, especially on 49cent cheeseburger deals at McDonalds lmao

HAHAHAHA

Remember your supposed to eat 6 GOOD meals a day, cheating on 1 or 2 isn't bad as long as your not eating it with large fries and a large soda. Unsweet Ice Tea can cut you around 500 calories for a large drink, and fries another 500 or so.

Also the more you workout the more you need to maintain your lean body mass. Look at Jason Huh he's my friend's cousin.

Just became IBFF pro this July. He's already noted as one of the top bodybuilders in the industry especially as his leg's are concerned. he's a regular at Cheeseburger Cheeseburger lmao!

The more you workout, the more your allowed to cheat on your diet, many body builders still don't obtain enough calories to grow bigger. Getting good solid diet often lacks clean calories after all.

That's why I always say workout, and NOT TO DIET at your start, and let your willpower build cause soon your gonna go god damn it's gonna take me 20 minutes of RUNNING to burn off this can of soda!!!

As your body changes your confidence and willpower will get stronger period. Also even if you workout 30 minutes a WEEK, after a full year you'll have noticeable differences. The hard part is pushing yourself to do 30minutes of INTENSE workout, and not just 1 set of benchpress then rest for 3-5minutes then doing another set.

Basically my 30 minute workout is

I'm putting my weights as example.

Lat pull downs 135 lbs wide as possible explosive and fast 10 times , NO REST then 105 lbs 10 times moderate speeds , NO REST then 75 lbs 10 times slowly. 1 minute rest then Repeat 2 more times for total of 9 sets.

I repeat that for everyworkout, do about 6-8 exercises for each muscle group. This is circuit training with HIIT training included.

Circuit training is quick intense workout that keeps your heart rate elevated MORE effective in burning fat and building muscle in recent studies.

HIIT is high intensity interval training which incorporates mixing up your workouts. Like if your gonna run you run jog walk sprint in random order. This burns more fat than running in a constant speed, think of cruise control saves gas while on the highway, if you have a heavy foot drive like a moron inbetween cars and braking a lot you'll burn more gas.

With my biceps and triceps I do 2-3 sets of continous drop sets.

Starting from 45 pound curls, to 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 10, 5, 10, 5 that's 1 set with NO rest inbetween. 1-2 minute rest and repeat. Alternating from flat curl to hammer curl (flat curl is where your palms are faced up , and hammer is where your thumb is pointed up) Since it's Bicep which Bi means 2 it targets each muscles separately

Triceps you can do it with push downs with palms facing up, thumb up, and palm facing down. I continously go from one grip the next which completely blows up my triceps.

biceps and triceps are easy to workout and pretty basic since it's primarily one movement, I do biceps with dumbbells and triceps with cables, but often mix things up.

NEVER get on a set routine, ALWAYS mix it up to help avoid plateaus in training.

REMEMBER THE HARDEST WEIGHT TO LIFT IS YOUR ASS OFF YOUR COUCH
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #64
distantarray

another fun picture

Yes off season many bodybuilders like to get FAT, cause it makes it easier to build muscle and maintain in the off season

oh and don't be afraid to lift weights and take protein as a woman,

Jamie Eason is a fitness model / celebrity in the industry and lifts quite a bit of weights.

Maria Adelus winner of Max Muscle Maxformation

6-7 month transformation while lifting weights and cardio

http://www.maxmuscle.com/fitness-mag...real-life/332/
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

Last edited by distantarray : 10-12-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #65
bkyoung

lee priest is my favourite body builder if i havent told you guys before.
By the way whats your stance on diet soda? I drink about 6 cans of diet soda a day, even more today, since i stopped my 7-11 and got a big gulp.
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #66
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkyoung View Post
lee priest is my favourite body builder if i havent told you guys before.
By the way whats your stance on diet soda? I drink about 6 cans of diet soda a day, even more today, since i stopped my 7-11 and got a big gulp.
Diet soda is actually WORSE for you than regular soda. Not only that I know people who are literally addicted to diet coke where they'll get migraines if they try to stop drinking it. So yes it is addictive to some people.

More Diet Drinks, More Weight Gain

Fowler's team looked at seven to eight years of data on 1,550 Mexican-American and non-Hispanic white Americans aged 25 to 64. Of the 622 study participants who were of normal weight at the beginning of the study, about a third became overweight or obese.

For regular soft-drink drinkers, the risk of becoming overweight or obese was:

* 26% for up to 1/2 can each day
* 30.4% for 1/2 to one can each day
* 32.8% for 1 to 2 cans each day
* 47.2% for more than 2 cans each day.

For diet soft-drink drinkers, the risk of becoming overweight or obese was:

* 36.5% for up to 1/2 can each day
* 37.5% for 1/2 to one can each day
* 54.5% for 1 to 2 cans each day
* 57.1% for more than 2 cans each day.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050...in-more-weight
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #67
bkyoung

hmmm.... what you say makes sense, but i don't get how the statistics are valid since people that are drinking diet soda are predisposed to being overweight because they are drinking the diet soda for a reason. For instance, Skinny people probably wont be drinking diet soda unless they are anorexics. I don't know, i don't want a debate. you know far more than i do. but, I'm trying to subconsciously find a reason not to stop drinking it because i am truly addicted to aspartame and Ive tried to quit drinking it before. its not like diet soda tastes good, i just cant stop drinking it. Sorry for all the psychology talk but im taking psych this semester and as I'm talking i am evaluating myself and picking out flaws as i type.
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #68
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkyoung View Post
hmmm.... what you say makes sense, but i don't get how the statistics are valid since people that are drinking diet soda are predisposed to being overweight because they are drinking the diet soda for a reason. For instance, Skinny people probably wont be drinking diet soda unless they are anorexics. I don't know, i don't want a debate. you know far more than i do. but, I'm trying to subconsciously find a reason not to stop drinking it because i am truly addicted to aspartame and Ive tried to quit drinking it before. its not like diet soda tastes good, i just cant stop drinking it. Sorry for all the psychology talk but im taking psych this semester and as I'm talking i am evaluating myself and picking out flaws as i type.
drinking things that are sweet but without the calories can trick the body to gaining weight, Dr Pepper had some good articles that explained the thing about diet soda's entirely before (the poster not the drink ) but I'll try to get around to it after the gym
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #69
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
drinking things that are sweet but without the calories can trick the body to gaining weight, Dr Pepper had some good articles that explained the thing about diet soda's entirely before (the poster not the drink ) but I'll try to get around to it after the gym
This. Sweeteners have been shown to trigger insulin spikes/releases when consumed. Insulin is a double bladed weapon. Incredibly helpful and incredibly harmful depending on diet and activity levels. Its what basically helps signal your body to deliver the nutrients you've consumed to your body.

On another side of things diet soda has been shown to cause bloating and weight gain, and someone drinking diet soda IIRC can lose up to 10 pounds in a year just from stopping with not other changes.

And on a more psych oriented view point, many people have the habit of justifying a cheat if they are "making up" for it somewhere else. The big mac with a diet coke, or just a medium popcorn with the diet soda. It don't work that way, lol.

If you are really drinking 6 cans of soda everyday (and I've been there) you need to weem yourself off. Try to drop down to 3-4 cans a day for a week, then 1-2, and then one maybe once or twice a week really shouldn't stand in your way of making progress.

And frankly, if you are drinking your gallon to gallon and a half of water a day, you probably aren't going to be all that thirsty for soda. Though replacing the caffeine intake can be important, you'd probably benefit from slowly getting off of it for a while just so that when you need a pick me up, it actually works.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #70
Uzumenee
Adventurer

Around February/March of this year, I decided I wanted to lose weight until I was within a "normal" BMI. Not really for health reasons- I've always been healthy, and I'm a strong advocate of Health At Every Size. I just wanted to have a body that I could feel comfortable doing fun cosplays with.

Anyway, by restricting my calories and just generally leading a more active lifestyle, I've managed to drop from 165-170 pounds to my current weight of 135.

Here's my face at my heaviest (185-190), my previous weight, and me now.
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021397
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021401
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021404

And here's a full body shot (at my friend's wedding, that's the giant blur of white) from May:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021542

And this is me now. This is the first time in my life I've owned a bikini!

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021617

Sorry the pictures aren't all uniform or anything... I never take pictures of myself just for the sake of showing the shape of my body,XD.

Last edited by Uzumenee : 10-13-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Uzumenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #71
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumenee View Post
Around February/March of this year, I decided I wanted to lose weight until I was within a "normal" BMI. Not really for health reasons- I've always been healthy, and I'm a strong advocate of Health At Every Size. I just wanted to have a body that I could feel comfortable doing fun cosplays with.

Anyway, by restricting my calories and just generally leading a more active lifestyle, I've managed to drop from 165-170 pounds to my current weight of 135.

Here's my face at my heaviest (185-190), my previous weight, and me now.
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021397
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021401
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021404

And here's a full body shot (at my friend's wedding, that's the giant blur of white) from May:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021542

And this is me now. This is the first time in my life I've owned a bikini!

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1287021617

Sorry the pictures aren't all uniform or anything... I never take pictures of myself just for the sake of showing the shape of my body,XD.
Hi...My names Maverick. How u doin'?

And by that, I mean, really good job and keep up the work! It's always good to see progress pics!

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #72
Chocolahime

I am surprised, yesterday I ate 1 and a half burgers. Just totally indulged. Today I lost 2 lbs! Usually I wouldn't be excited about this but I FINALLY got through my plateau, I've been stuck at 106 for 3 or 4 months. Working out a bit more must be paying off?
Chocolahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #73
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolahime View Post
I am surprised, yesterday I ate 1 and a half burgers. Just totally indulged. Today I lost 2 lbs! Usually I wouldn't be excited about this but I FINALLY got through my plateau, I've been stuck at 106 for 3 or 4 months. Working out a bit more must be paying off?
It's quite possible that working out more has increased the speed or efficiency of your metabolism and subsequently you can eat more yet still lose weight.

I never knew that people would want to lose weight when they're already under 110. I could toss you with one arm!

Although, which one are you in the pictures? Purple, blue, or pink hair?

I'm always happy to give people advice or suggestions on weightlifting, exercise, and diet routines. Don't be afraid to PM me and just say hi either!

http://www.stickam.com/fydave
FYDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #74
Chocolahime

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYDave View Post
It's quite possible that working out more has increased the speed or efficiency of your metabolism and subsequently you can eat more yet still lose weight.

I never knew that people would want to lose weight when they're already under 110. I could toss you with one arm!

Although, which one are you in the pictures? Purple, blue, or pink hair?
I am pink. I'm 5'2 and carry weight kind of weird. I wasn't actually going for losing more since I've been looking to build muscle weight and tone. I was expecting to gain some, but hell I'll take anything.
Chocolahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #75
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolahime View Post
I am pink. I'm 5'2 and carry weight kind of weird. I wasn't actually going for losing more since I've been looking to build muscle weight and tone. I was expecting to gain some, but hell I'll take anything.
Ha, cutest one of the bunch, no disrespect to your two friends or anything. Well I hope you hit your goals.

I'm always happy to give people advice or suggestions on weightlifting, exercise, and diet routines. Don't be afraid to PM me and just say hi either!

http://www.stickam.com/fydave
FYDave is offline   Reply With Quote