Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 09-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
Silantre
Cosplayer of things

Wardrobe from Beauty and the Beast

Hey guys I'm making a Madame De La Grande Bouche (The wardrobe from Beauty and the Beast) costume, and I'm wondering about the best, and cheapest way to go about it.

Here are some reference pictures:

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/20380000...b1f7ed4065.gif
http://www.world-wide-art.com/art/va...robecloset.jpg

It will be full size, covering the whole body, and I haven't done anything like this before as it will require some form of structure underneath. I was thinking of putting foam sheeting over a base of plumbers plastic tubes, would this work? Or is there any better way of doing it?

Also,, to add another spanner in the works, I would like it so the doors open, I'm already thinking of ways to get around that too.

Thanks for the help in advance ^^
Silantre is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
TR Rose
Meowing About

<3 for this idea. I don't have any suggestions but I have *never* seen this cosplayed before. Best of luck!
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Oh my goodness, are you even going to be able to move in this? XD

I think you have the right idea... though, I'd be concerned about mobility, firstmost. You'd need a couple of handlers in this, and it doesn't seem like it'd allow you a lot of ability to move around at a con which might get you into hot water at some cons. I'd focus on being able to keep shape while also being flexible- something like having taut, but flexible sheets connected to springs or metal rods that would allow you to twist and move at least somewhat (think like those collapsible laundry baskets or a tent).
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
ItalianPeach

First let me say this: This is FANTASTIC, and where-ever you wear it, I hope I get to see it, if not, I want to see loooooots of pictures.

Now, moving on. You seem to have a good idea about how to go about it. I am new to things outside of a needle, thread, and fabric, but I think that could work. Also, like Kitsoru said, something semi-flexible would be a good idea. Maybe a thin like plastic, it can hold a form, but thin plastics like Wonderflex can be molded, and are semi-flexible.

I cannot wait to see it!

Dragon*Con: Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Cordelia Chase (Angel), Jessica Moore (Supernatural), Red Playboy Bunny, Belle (OuaT), Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff (The Inhumans), Abigail Brand (X-Men)

NYCC: Kitana (Mortal Kombat 9), Scarlett (GI Jo), TBA

Super Mega Fest: Princess Python (Serpant Society), TBA
ItalianPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
Órla
The elf

If it's not too late to give a suggestion, I'd say to draw inspiration for construction from the Broadway costume. The doors opened to reveal a few drawers. At least one of them opened and she'd pull out a gag pair of period undies.

Picture:
http://whatsonsa.co.za/portal/images...he%20beast.jpg (finding a picture is ridiculous. >.<)

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8N2D...eature=related (9:10)
[url] Start-1:27-ish

You could use that drawer to carry things you'll need, like money and a camera.

I'd probably try to use colours from the movie and construction from the original show (not the current tour).

Hope this helped even a little.
Órla is offline   Reply With Quote