Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 03-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
angelsoncrack
Retro machine

A bit of guidance ?

Hi everyone, just need a bit of guidance.
I'm not a big girl, I'm 19, 5 ft 4 and I weigh 7 and a half stone. I've never really had to do exercise to keep my body shape -until now.
Recently I've just been feeling a little frumpy and plan to kind of tuck in my belly a bit for summer cons. I'm going to be cosplaying World is mine Miku and angel Stocking in summer so I thought I might as well get into shape a bit.
My main issues are:

My stomach sticking out
Fat around the tops of my thighs
My arms

The most I want to loose is 3 or 4 pounds but this isn't really about weight loss it's more tucking in whats loose.

I've started cutting down on sugar, trying to avoid snacking (except fruit if I really need it).

I currently do 20 sit ups a day and 3 sets of 20 squats. Is there anything I could add?
I sometimes go swimming too, but thats not every week because the girl I go with it's either I'm on my period one week or she's on hers so we can't go, we both kind of have body confidence issues so going alone isn't an option either.

I'd really love some tips on what foods are good and what else I could add to my regime. Thankyou!!
angelsoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2015, 03:23 AM   #2
Bovice

You're going to want to add more cardio, plain and simple. Don't let your friend be the reason you don't work out. If she doesn't want to commit to swimming, then go jogging or biking. You can do that on your own and don't have to worry about others being around.

Having a partner is great and all but when they hinder your progress instead of helping them, then you need to go on without them
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #3
Echos

First off - you can't spot reduce. Wanting to lose fat in certain areas is going to take losing weight all over, you don't get to choose where the fat comes off of. At 7.5 stone I wouldn't worry about losing weight so much as changing body fat percentage. You want less fat more muscle which is different than just "losing weight".

As to your question is there anything you can add?

Yes - full body weight strength training. I recommend 5x5 stronglifts as a beginner routine but even just getting some dumbells and adding body weight exersizes like push ups will make a difference.

Add 30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week and make sure you are eating healthy but also eating enough! You cannot gain muscle in a calorie deficit. Use a TDEE calculator to figure out how many calories you should actually be eating and make sure you get enough protien.
ComicCon - July 2015
Long Beach - September 2015
Comikaze - 2015

Cosplays
Echos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #4
eelizah

I would recommend Blogilates
YOu can do it in your own house or room, she is super perky and her excersises are challenging and perfect for toning. Especially if you don't have much to lose and it's just toning. Her online videos specify areas she is focusing on so that will help you tone those areas. Though above posters are righT. You can't spot rEduce.

Clarke Griffin - The 100 - All-Con

Gender Bent Sorin Markov - MtG - Gen Con

Steampunk "Tsuro of the Sea" Captain - OC - Steampunk Invasion
eelizah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #5
Septembre

Make sure you have a cardio routine. Even power walking helps. But physical activity is only a percentage of your real challenge. I'd say for 2 to 3 weeks change your diet. You want to drink nothing, NOTHING but water and drink large amounts of it (Typically 3 gal a day, but you may start at 1 gal a day). Just like Echo says you want to get on a caloric deficiency...But you need to do it properly. Figure out your BMI, your current weight and calorie intake...If you're fueling yourself incorrectly it wont work.

You can't go wrong with using steamed veggies to bring volume to your meals. Research how body builders (yes there are also female body builders...) plan their meals. Your ideal range is 2 to 3 weeks if you stick to this diet/cardio plan...

I lost about 30 pounds in 3 weeks...

Goodluck
Septembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #6
Bovice

3 gallons a day is far more than necessary. I cycle roughly 120 miles a week, run an obstacle course 5-7 days a week, and am in the gym 4-5 days a week and only need 1-1.5 gals/day.

General rule of thumb:
If your piss is yellow, drink more. If you're pissing clear, you have enough water in you.
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #7
angelsoncrack
Retro machine

Thanks for all the suggestions!
I will take everything into consideration Thankfully I already drink a hell of a lot of water! I can literally walk in from somewhere and drink a pint of water in under a minute.
angelsoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #8
sailordawg

For food advise: Cut out as much sugar as possible, QUIT fast and junk food/drinks, no processed foods such as white bread, pastas, pre-packaged dinners, etc. You have to eat lean and green. Lean cuts of meat such as chicken, fish, beef, etc. (you must cook it) and lots of vegetables specifically green ones (lettuce, spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts). Switch all of your carbs to brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal.
sailordawg is offline   Reply With Quote