Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 171 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #241
Sea-Salt Axel
Got it memorized?

I'm getting in better shape to cosplay ansem, but mostly because i've always wanted to get in really good shape for the last 3 years but have never done it

what i do is pull ups everyday unless im sore like i am right now and ride the eliptical but i stopped riding the eliptical lately and i started p90x this week hopefully it works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ansem.jpg (117.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ansem_reports.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 250px-Ansem_DEcoded.png (46.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Sea-Salt Axel : 01-05-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Sea-Salt Axel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #242
Brittbug
Hug me!

Sorry if it is too large. Speaking of large, I need to tone up and slim down a lot before attempting to even wear one of Misa's less skimpy outfits. The only other problem is that my ears aren't pierced, so it seems I am going have to ... you know. Pierce 'em. ()

I was considering crossplaying as Grell or Undertaker from Black Butler, since so many people have chosen Sebastian.

Either way, slimming down is sort of inevitable.

Last edited by Brittbug : 01-05-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Took away the Undertaker taker pic. (:
Brittbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #243
kuro-kun
Trust me, I'm a doctor

I've got two characters that, when I talk about either of them, the common response is "Who?" I explain, and then they say "Ew, creepy."
xD

1st, Lucy Monostone from MPD Psycho.

Since I'm a girl, I have to stick with open shirt for him. I'm trying for the manly-abs.

2nd, Kau from Togainu no Chi

It shows off a lot, so I have to be comfortable with how my stomach looks. Back to my quest for man-abs.

I've been working out A LOT. Every day, I do weights, crunches, dancing, hulahooping, and some more dancing. I do Wii Fit Plus about every other day. I use strength training exercises from it even when I'm not using it. Just Dance 2 is awesome. I often tune in to a music channel and try to dance along to the music videos (I almost have All The Single Ladies and Hips Don't Lie down!)

Good luck, everyone! Remember to be healthy when you're trying to lose weight.
kuro-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #244
DaemonForce
Unhealed

Oh God what a nightmare! My costume is ridiculously out of proportion! What is this?! A 120cm chest?! How the hell am I going to build up and fill this out in 3 months?! I can't do it!

I really need the masculine appearance though. You have no idea how ridiculously girly I look in this and my hair is way way too short to look right as Sebastian. I can only hope it grows faster than normal by then and get it straightened and styled right before Sakuracon. Oh God...
Aki'11 - 1%
Yaoi'11 - 1%

Dance
Cantarella - 25%
Hare Hare Yukai (Non-Lead) - 35%
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #245
Nikomarete
Your argument is invalid.

I either want to be Alice of Pandora Hearts:

Orrrrr... Charlotte Baskerville of Pandora Hearts.

Either way, I want to slim down so I look better in costume. xD Why? Well above all else, I want to tone up and lose weight for myself and for health reasons. Number two, who doesn't wanna look pretty? xD

What I already do - I've cut pop (soda.. to you non-Midwesterners xD) nearly completely out of my diet, though not completely, as I know that if I deprive myself of it I will just crave it so badly that I end up putting my goal to not drink it on the back burner. I'm drinking much more tea and water instead, and also am drinking less juice. I'm eating smaller portions of food, and am opting for healthier things to eat. I love fruit, but I need to get more vegetables that AREN'T corn, peas, or potatoes into my diet. For working out, I go to the gym on campus and run on the elliptical and do ab workouts, and also am doing workouts with free weights for my arms. I also am into fencing. <-- Way more challenging than you may think! xD So chyeah, let's see how in-shape I can get by the time April comes around, ne?

Facebook <3

Upcoming Cons
CoreCon, April 15th-17th
Tokyo in Tulsa, July 15th-17th (?)
ValleyCon, October 21-23rd
Current Cosplay Project
Charlotte Baskerville of Pandora Hearts - 20%
Nikomarete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #246
Churabu

I really want to cosplay as Tifa Lockhart. It's one of those cosplays that I've always wanted to do, but I need to trim down a bit to suit her body. xD

Anddd I've already started my losing weight/going on a diet plan. I don't drink coke/sprite/soda, and I have already ditched the junk food (only snacks I eat now are walnuts, almonds and peanuts) AND I've started eating smaller portions and spread them out throughout the day. I have noticed that I'll get kind of hungry around the time I'm in bed but I just try to sleep it off. I hope this is healthy...xD And I started doing these 'stomach vacuum' exercises that is supposed to help shape a smaller waist. My tummy is moderately flat, but I still need to trim down and cut down on the extra flab. I've been hula-hooping and doing sit-ups (well...trying to...) too.
Does anyone know other good cardiovascular exercises to help trim down body fat? I want to make sure I can get as close as I can to her body type...xD Which seems nearly impossible since she has the perfect figure, but I'm trying.
Unread 01-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #247
kuro-kun
Trust me, I'm a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churabu View Post
Does anyone know other good cardiovascular exercises to help trim down body fat? I want to make sure I can get as close as I can to her body type...xD Which seems nearly impossible since she has the perfect figure, but I'm trying.
Dancing is a good one, particularly bellydance. Some exercise channels have lessons or you might be able to rent DVDs or get them on demand. I took classes with my local public school district's night classes. It works the arms, stomach, and legs and I think would be perfect for Tifa.
Good luck! Tifa's definitely a difficult one to match her body type.
Unread 01-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #248
HomeDepot

The two costume ideas that I'm tossing around right now are Cheetara from Thundercats. And Amanda from Blassreiter. Cheetara would be great because I'm gonna start lifting weights again at the end of the month and she would be good motivation. On the other hand I think Amanda's outfit would be more fun to make.

@Daemonforce

You could try putting a shirt or two on under your costume to thicken out your torso a bit. Or get your costume taken in around the waist to emphasize the "V" shape.
Attached Images
File Type: gif cheetara.gif (41.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Nitro+.Wallpaper.346394.jpg (68.3 KB, 0 views)
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #249
Hagane No
Don't call me &quot;Robin&quot;

I'm trying to get as thin as I can for these girls.

This year, I am cosplaying for the first time EVER. I want a thin stomach and a fit body to be sexy as Michiko malandro from Michiko to Hatchin.

Then later on, once I have my shape down...at other cons...I'd like to be the following:

Atsuko Jackson [michiko to hatchin]

Aloe from Poke'mon!!

Fran from FF12

and Aisha from outlaw star
http://media.animegalleries.net/albu...0arms.jpg?=123

I just started P90x. and im on day 3. We'll see how this goes
Hagane No is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #250
Aziro_Fusima
Midnightmoonproductions

I will be doing sailor saturn and miku for A-kon 22 and even though most of my friends tell me I'm skinny I'm hoping to tone up my tummy and thighs. I have 5 months man. Since I'm not too much of an exercise nut I'm hoping to tone up slowly by doing crunches [adding more each day], arm circles, leg exercises, caramelldansen, and love & joy.
Aziro_Fusima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #251
Churabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro-kun View Post
Dancing is a good one, particularly bellydance. Some exercise channels have lessons or you might be able to rent DVDs or get them on demand. I took classes with my local public school district's night classes. It works the arms, stomach, and legs and I think would be perfect for Tifa.
Good luck! Tifa's definitely a difficult one to match her body type.
HA-HA-HA! My mom actually recommended that I take up bellydancing if I wanted a nice figure. Did it really work for you? It seems fun anyway. I tried swing dancing before and I worked up quite a sweat after a while.
And thank you for the good luck! Yeah, she's a really tough one, but I'm determined to have her body type when I cosplay as her. xD
Unread 01-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #252
kuro-kun
Trust me, I'm a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churabu View Post
HA-HA-HA! My mom actually recommended that I take up bellydancing if I wanted a nice figure. Did it really work for you? It seems fun anyway. I tried swing dancing before and I worked up quite a sweat after a while.
And thank you for the good luck! Yeah, she's a really tough one, but I'm determined to have her body type when I cosplay as her. xD
It's definitely fun. I was fit before taking the class, but it helped keep me in shape and tone my muscles after losing weight. It was only once a week, so I had to remember to practice.
I've never tried swing dancing. I've taken modern dance and bellydance classes.
Unread 01-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #253
Nikomarete
Your argument is invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziro_Fusima View Post
Since I'm not too much of an exercise nut I'm hoping to tone up slowly by doing crunches [adding more each day], arm circles, leg exercises, caramelldansen, and love & joy.
... Caramelldansen and love and joy = Key to success. xD

Facebook <3

Upcoming Cons
CoreCon, April 15th-17th
Tokyo in Tulsa, July 15th-17th (?)
ValleyCon, October 21-23rd
Current Cosplay Project
Charlotte Baskerville of Pandora Hearts - 20%
Nikomarete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #254
Lilyela
Assassin

http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=h...1t:429,r:0,s:0

I will be cosplaying Mello from Death Note at Uppcon this summer. He's really slim, and well..at least I have a slim waist, but I still want to lose a few kilos to get it right.
Lilyela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #255
Miyako_Moriko

I'm trying to get in shape and tone up for ...well really any skanky outfits my favorite characters have. But particularly Kallens Dancer Outfit

http://download.minitokyo.net/Code.G...ion.369025.jpg

....yeeea soooo glad i have roughly 11 months to get in shape for this lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15052.jpg (14.5 KB, 0 views)
Miyako_Moriko is offline   Reply With Quote