Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 94 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 01-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #271
TawNee-chan

I'd LOVE to cosplay as Wicked Lady from sailor Moon someday <3 I currently do 5 push ups, 5 situps, 20 crunches throughout the day as well as 1-3 hour walks and i'm trying to watch what I eat:\

TawNee-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #272
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

seiji from yst/ronin warriors, but this is still a long way off. i definitely need more arm for havoc since he isn't going away any time soon (my forearms are great but i'm lacking bicep ;_; ) and i could use more shoulder and chest for all of them. i would really like to lose some of this ghetto booty and thighs as well, but every time i start using them they just get bigger. ugh

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #273
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Everyone! Oh well...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #274
haitechan

I've still hadn't decided. I'm between:

Minako/Hamuko Arisato from P3.
http://img340.imageshack.us/i/sample...0eb9d942c.jpg/

Ryoji Mochizuki from P3. (gender bender version, the one with the scarf)
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/115...0516278843.jpg

Anyway, my sister is going to make Pharos/Minato so any of them is fine. The event is in October but I'm taking measures against my overweight. I go swimming 3 times a week and controlling what I eat. I got down from 74 kg to 68 in 2 months considering I tend to earn at least 1kg from Xmas. With loosing 2-3 kg by month I'm happy, there is no rush. It's my first cosplay anyway so I don't expect it to look perfect but still I think being slim makes the costume look better ^^. I'm really excited for it and I expect to put some photographs.
haitechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #275
UllaBritta
Cosplay Newbie

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/femme20roma.jpg/

Fem!Romano is what I'll be and as you can see one has to be rather fit to wear that dress although I will alter it a bit and make the skirt longer etc.

I've gained some weight last year due to sitting too much infront of the computer and stuffing myself with homemade cakes... So I'm trying to walk more and eat more fruit, cut down on sweets and drink more water. It should do the trick. I have until june to ge my old weight back About 5 kg is what I'd like to loose, only problem is our scale is broken so I don't really have a way to weigh myself. Only way I even found out I gained weight was when I was visiting a friend some weeks ago and used his scale in the bathroom out of curiosity, lol

Last edited by UllaBritta : 01-21-2011 at 07:13 PM.
UllaBritta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #276
Club Owner Dice

Haseo!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/do...irthHaseo2.jpg

I am definitely not a stranger to showing off my stomach as can be seen with my Shuichi and Simon cosplays, but those two characters I feel have more of a slim boyish figure, where as Haseo gives me the distinct impression that his abs are very toned!

Future Confirmed Cons I will be attending!
Kami-Con, All-Con, Louisianime, UltimaCon, MechaCon, OniCon

ConChair of UltimaCon! ^.^ Co-Founder of Angels and Demons Cosplay!
Club Owner Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #277
Smpunches

Currently doing cardio and weights to lose about 40 pounds to cosplay princess serena from sailor moon by this september. :>
Smpunches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #278
kayandhearts
kay

currently working on getting in shape to cosplay both Starfire from teen titans (a goal since I was young) and Quorra from tron legacy (damn those form fitting suits!) I find cosplay to be an amazing motivation. Just picturing how great I will look if I complete my goal keeps me going, although it seems school in continually getting in the way of working out as much as I would like :/
megacon

cosplays
Luka-vocaloid
starfire- teen titans
quorra- tron legacy
kayandhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #279
legalcrimes

im trying to go as gray fullbuster from fairytail for one of my cosplays at anime north this may but would like to get a bit more cut. started eating a bit healthier but i already go to the gym 3 times a week, im geting into martial arts again so hopefully that does the trick but if im still haveing problems i might start doing P90X.
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...3-1280-720.jpg

Last edited by Michi : 01-31-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: changing image to link
legalcrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #280
berri.pai
i r unique

While it's not anime I'm aiming for Dr. Mrs. The Monarch from The Venture Brothers. My goal is to be able to do it this year, around September. I'm working out soo hard right now!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FwROQ3Z24s...y_EvilMark.gif
berri.pai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #281
ffsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by UllaBritta View Post
http://img145.imageshack.us/i/femme20roma.jpg/

Fem!Romano is what I'll be and as you can see one has to be rather fit to wear that dress although I will alter it a bit and make the skirt longer etc.

I've gained some weight last year due to sitting too much infront of the computer and stuffing myself with homemade cakes... So I'm trying to walk more and eat more fruit, cut down on sweets and drink more water. It should do the trick. I have until june to ge my old weight back About 5 kg is what I'd like to loose, only problem is our scale is broken so I don't really have a way to weigh myself. Only way I even found out I gained weight was when I was visiting a friend some weeks ago and used his scale in the bathroom out of curiosity, lol
I giggle at this! I'm a girl yet want to do Romano too :3 I have the purple shirt, khaki pants and boots, just not a good matching jacket. A friend bought me a dark green jacket (and I have dark green pants) so I might just give up and go as Poland or something :P
ffsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 04:43 AM   #282
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Jolyne Kujo.

I'm probably relatively in shape enough to wear any of her outfits right now if i wanted to, but Jolyne is so amazingly fit for a woman that I don't feel like I could cosplay her unless I hit the gym allday erryday for a year or something.

Well that's a bit of exaggerating... but really, not doing Jolyne unless I'm actually really in shape and look athletic-fit at the minimum.
Hanyaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #283
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I'm trying to become more flexible and tone my arms up a bit more for Princess Kraehe. I've been doing a lot of stretches and gone back to weight lifting a bit - while I'm thin/athletic build to begin with there is nothing wrong with toning up! I'm also working on my abdominal muscles so I feel a bit more confident in my Etna and other midriff-bearing costumes as well. Ironically enough, Jolyne is also a character I'm toning up for.

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #284
MoonStoneDoom
Epic Person :)

I'm trying to get in better shape for Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario+Vampire. I think she's adorable but I think I'd be able to cosplay her better if I was a little bit thinner :3

http://animecrazed11.webs.com/photos...4-1024-633.jpg

I've been doing a lot of biking, or when the weather is too cold I go on my stationary bike. Also been doing some aerobics and such. I've been dieting lightly, mainly cutting out putting EXTRA salt on my food and eating better proportions. I've lost several pounds and my tummy looks nicer ^^

Last edited by Michi : 01-31-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: changing image to link
MoonStoneDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #285
taki-desu

I plan to be Remilia Scarlet
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/454947-Yu...1m_display.jpg
Currently dieting, eating breakfast, taking fiber bars and work out >A<; ugh.
Remilia Scarlet - 東方Project
Maria Ushiromiya (witch) - うみねこのなく頃に
Kuroko Shirai -とある科学の超電磁砲
taki-desu is offline   Reply With Quote